What Is A Fuller "super 10"?

Rob

I always considered a 10 speed roadranger the easiest and simplest transmission out there. A driver that's too lazy to shift one oughta be doing something else anyway, just my opinion.

Kinda sounds like "we're gonna make this super 10 for drivers that are too lazy to shift a regular 10 speed-maybe they can find the energy to flip a button"

ya,,,agree man,,its just mind boggling,,how lazy these kids can be,,,if they had to drive some of the crap we had back in the day,,they would quit,and go home..lol...bob

I currently have one in my 01 CH. All I can say is guys either love em or hate em. I thought it sounded like a great idea when I bought my 01, I've learned to adjust I guess. Like others have said you split every gear position, lo/hi,back to lo next gear, so on of course. Nothing new to you guys. But what works best for me is to first off, positively DON'T get in a big hurry to punch the throttle shifting up with a split. Stop light traffic will get the best of you in this one. Just don't hurry and you'll be fine. I start out easy, and throttle my shifts to 15-1600 all the time. If you go up past that you have to wait too long for the rpms to come back to 1200 for it to complete the shift up, I always preselect my splitter on the way up also. Then if you get in a hurry, and punch the throttle too soon, you've missed it all together. Other trucks try to run my ass over ALL the time. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a jack rabbit. But pay attention what position you're at all the time. I've got a 427 in front of mine. It's all right I guess. But I drove a Superliner with an E9 and a Mack 12 behind it one time, shifts just the same way. Man but a SWEEEEET son of a bitch. That's what I would call an ideal truck. Anyway, that's my judgment on the Super 10.

I currently have one in my 01 CH. All I can say is guys either love em or hate em. I thought it sounded like a great idea when I bought my 01, I've learned to adjust I guess. Like others have said you split every gear position, lo/hi,back to lo next gear, so on of course. Nothing new to you guys. But what works best for me is to first off, positively DON'T get in a big hurry to punch the throttle shifting up with a split. Stop light traffic will get the best of you in this one. Just don't hurry and you'll be fine. I start out easy, and throttle my shifts to 15-1600 all the time. If you go up past that you have to wait too long for the rpms to come back to 1200 for it to complete the shift up, I always preselect my splitter on the way up also. Then if you get in a hurry, and punch the throttle too soon, you've missed it all together. Other trucks try to run my ass over ALL the time. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a jack rabbit. But pay attention what position you're at all the time. I've got a 427 in front of mine. It's all right I guess. But I drove a Superliner with an E9 and a Mack 12 behind it one time, shifts just the same way. Man but a SWEEEEET son of a bitch. That's what I would call an ideal truck. Anyway, that's my judgment on the Super 10.

well im pretty sure,by 01,they probably profected them a bit,,but looks like your saying,,they still hang up in nuetral,,,personally,i think i would prefer the two stick,,atleast you know it will go in,,of coarse the auxilary hangs up,also on the two stick,if you try to go too fast,,then you have to stop,and untangle it...sucks,man.lol.bob

That was a good smooth transmission if taken care of. One of my B models had one but it's long gone. Still have the cylinder and linkage for it someplace. I purchased/acquired the truck minus the trans and installed a double over triplex.

Rob

On the unishift there was a adjustment that was a problem that many drivers did not keep in range. The clutch acuaction air valve for the shifter. The clutch needed adjusted often as we as the tigger on the air switch.I dont know how the air system lasted as long as it did with out air dryers.

glenn akers

On the unishift there was a adjustment that was a problem that many drivers did not keep in range. The clutch acuaction air valve for the shifter. The clutch needed adjusted often as we as the tigger on the air switch.I dont know how the air system lasted as long as it did with out air dryers.

It mentiones in the service manual the importance of keeping the clutch in adjustment with the unishft, and monoshift which are the same thing I believe. They appear to be different depending on gas or diesel engine power. Kind of a lengthy procedure if doing it for the first time. but the air switch had to be right as did the clutch pedal free play.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.