New In Ga

rhino1

Hey guys. Just sined on. I dont currently have a Mack or ever had one for that matter. I am in a place to trade some work for one tho. The man was telling me its a 65 B61 mag or mack. Its and old winch truck of some sort. Dual rear axles, heavy duty front bumper. Its just cool looking. Would need a decent amount of work on the cab section. But thats what I do, paint and body. He wants some paint work done and I jokingly said we could trade and he said that could work if I really wanted to. Anyways, I might try to get some pics of it tomorrow and see what I can find out about it.

Hey guys. Just sined on. I dont currently have a Mack or ever had one for that matter. I am in a place to trade some work for one tho. The man was telling me its a 65 B61 mag or mack. Its and old winch truck of some sort. Dual rear axles, heavy duty front bumper. Its just cool looking. Would need a decent amount of work on the cab section. But thats what I do, paint and body. He wants some paint work done and I jokingly said we could trade and he said that could work if I really wanted to. Anyways, I might try to get some pics of it tomorrow and see what I can find out about it.

I tried that once with a long nap roller and brushes for the paint, and a pancake spatula for the "Bondo". Didn't work out so well. Maybe you could learn me something along the way.

Welcome to the site. Best get some photos up as "Other Dog" gets bored if he don't got no pictures to work with.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

haha, I will ask if I can snap a couple of pics tomorrow and post them. It has a huge winch(i guess thats what it is) on the back. The owner was telling me about it, he is in his 70s and said that when he was younger it belonged to an older guy that he knew. He told him that if he ever wanted to get rid of it left him know. Well the older guy passed and the truck was sold. The current owner found it here locally and bought it. He said he remebered seeing it pull stuff when he was younger. Said the front bumper was made heavy to act as a counter weight.

wow,,,welcome aboard,,that sound pretty exciting for you,,man that sucker looks pretty clean,,hope it all works out for ya..good luck,and enjoy the site,,lotsa good people,and good info here...bob :banana:

I think Rob just wet himself.

Welcome aboard. Great people, great info here

This is why I live in Florida

post-4436-0-17103600-1309385229_thumb.jp

Yup. Drips and dribbles are no longer a thing of the future.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The dog is still lookin proud and ready for service. Hope your find serves you well.

mike :WELCOME:

what this truck worth? i know this can be a tough question, but if i do this deal, i will be trading labor for this truck. i have no clue as to how to make sure this is a fair swap. he said it did run, just needs new batteries. but there is really no telling. just dont want to get the shaft on the deal. not looking to get over on him, just dont want to shoot myself in the foot either

what this truck worth? i know this can be a tough question, but if i do this deal, i will be trading labor for this truck. i have no clue as to how to make sure this is a fair swap. he said it did run, just needs new batteries. but there is really no telling. just dont want to get the shaft on the deal. not looking to get over on him, just dont want to shoot myself in the foot either

From appearance it should bring between $1400-1750.00 across the scales. I would start there as the truck has suffered quite a bit of neglect through the years.

Rob

what would it be worth if I got it and made it look new again?

Not to sound like a smart-ass,but it will never be worth what you put into it,and as far as net worth when done,its a matter of what someone is willing to pay for it if that makes any sense. As Rob stated,this truck needs a LOT of work,and to keep restoration costs to a minimun,you should be able & willing to perform what work you can yourself realistically. A truck that needs this much work,is no easy or fast task to take on moneywise. I always recommend anyone building a hobby truck to build it as if you were going to keep it forever,and encourage people to do what THEY like with it!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

what would it be worth if I got it and made it look new again?

if you wind up with it,,,i know a guy that has all the missing parts from the nose,chrome strips,side dogs,lights headlight doors,,one stop shopping,and he has real fare prices.of coarse..like mark says,,its a fun hobby,,but dont expect to see your money back...lol.bob :rolleyes:

If you are concerned about the cost then don't get into the project as a positive return is not reality in most cases.

Rob

Not to sound like a smart-ass,but it will never be worth what you put into it,and as far as net worth when done,its a matter of what someone is willing to pay for it if that makes any sense. As Rob stated,this truck needs a LOT of work,and to keep restoration costs to a minimun,you should be able & willing to perform what work you can yourself realistically. A truck that needs this much work,is no easy or fast task to take on moneywise. I always recommend anyone building a hobby truck to build it as if you were going to keep it forever,and encourage people to do what THEY like with it!..........Mark

I understand what your saying. I can do a lot of the work. The engine part of it would have to be talked about with some friends. If I were to get it, it would be to fix up and take to some local shows to help promote my shop some.

If you are concerned about the cost then don't get into the project as a positive return is not reality in most cases.

Rob

not the cost of doing the rebuild, just if I ever was to sell it, what are they worth.

not the cost of doing the rebuild, just if I ever was to sell it, what are they worth.

$10,000 will buy a very nice one redone that someone is tired of.

Rob