Trannys Shot

no wasnt towing anything i just got it running and ran it around the block was going about 10 mph and wham thats when it hit do you guys know what kind of options i have on just replacing the case or do i have to change all the gears and everything. Not a tranny man i can usally fix alot of stuff but this is out of my area. I dont think i could weld it to much pressure on it. So we will see i hope it dont cost to much if thats the case i might have to part with her. Wife is deff not happy about the situation.

I have seen them do that and most time its from getting in two gears at once. Low split and when you go into direct the low side fork comes lose and if your moving slow enough it will stay in low and go into direct then bang. Also a hard pull with big HP may do that. Look at the PAI website for parts.

glenn akers

Man I hate it for you. I hope you can find the parts or whatever you need. I would get your mechanic to go through the whole tranny. I've seen on different threads in the BMT web-site this company PAI, and have looked for it and have never found it. PAI must be a short name for this parts company. Can someone shed some light on this company?

Regards

mike

Man I hate it for you. I hope you can find the parts or whatever you need. I would get your mechanic to go through the whole tranny. I've seen on different threads in the BMT web-site this company PAI, and have looked for it and have never found it. PAI must be a short name for this parts company. Can someone shed some light on this company?

Regards

mike

Hey Mike, here's a link http://www.paiindustries.com/. They still offer a lot of parts that Mack has quit offering as well as some parts for modern trucks.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Hey Mike, here's a link http://www.paiindustries.com/. They still offer a lot of parts that Mack has quit offering as well as some parts for modern trucks.

Looks like they might even have that 590GB1152B gasket. I'm not sure what kind of hoops you have to jump through to create an account with them, but if you know an OEM part number the link above will let you check their catalog.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Looks like they might even have that 590GB1152B gasket. I'm not sure what kind of hoops you have to jump through to create an account with them, but if you know an OEM part number the link above will let you check their catalog.

Its no problem to get a account but i cant by from them. They have dealers around that can.

glenn akers

Many Thanks rhasler for the info. I did a quick look but did not pursue the site yet but will in the a.m. I do have the part# from the link you posted yesterday. I took that part off the engine last night by tapping on it with a rubber hammer, so it dropped into the oil drain pan on the floor. Took my water pump to the Machine Shop today to weld back on the bolt hole which was broken off I found. I could not get the pump from the housing so left it on. It was not leaking fluid but it needs to come of. Tried last night putting heat to it but no cigar.

Hi Glenn, hope all is well with you.

Sorry for stealing the thread!

mike

Amen to what Glenn & Mike H. said! We had that happen to a DM600 with a quad box. The end of the compound stick was worn, and as the driver rounded a corner, he tried to downshift from Hi Split to Lo Split. The stick apparently jumped out of the hi split/direct rail leaving the compound still in hi split, then the stick got into the lo split/lo lo rail and put the coumpound in lo split at the same time. When any manual trans gets into 2 gears at once while the vehicle is moving, something has to give!!!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"