Red Means Stop

David

Y'know, it's interesting that in some of those clips, several people were caught by surprise, ending up in the pedestrian crossing, etc.

I have to wonder if some of these accidents were at least in part a result of yellow lights being shortened when the traffic cams were

installed.

though... it was painfully obvious that some of these guys were just morons.

Holy CRAP!! That brings back some BAD memories.

SDC10533.jpg

After seeing a full street full of stopped vehicles and one comes fly'n throught like they are the ONLY one on the road. Yup, that is what happen to me a couple years ago. Woman in a minivan, completely clueless that two other lanes of traffic were STOPPED and she blew through at 45 mph and took me out as I crossed the intersection. Dam, still pisses me off to this day.

I do ALOT more looking around for crap like that anymore, especially when I ride my scooter!!! Did you see the flip that person did on the bike towards they end(with the blue car). Ouch!!! Makes you want to ban cell phones completely.

Oh, can't forget this one either. Yup, another woman in a minivan NOT paying attention.

SDC10609.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Holy CRAP!! That brings back some BAD memories.

SDC10533.jpg

After seeing a full street full of stopped vehicles and one comes fly'n throught like they are the ONLY one on the road. Yup, that is what happen to me a couple years ago. Woman in a minivan, completely clueless that two other lanes of traffic were STOPPED and she blew through at 45 mph and took me out as I crossed the intersection. Dam, still pisses me off to this day.

I do ALOT more looking around for crap like that anymore, especially when I ride my scooter!!! Did you see the flip that person did on the bike towards they end(with the blue car). Ouch!!! Makes you want to ban cell phones completely.

Oh, can't forget this one either. Yup, another woman in a minivan NOT paying attention.

SDC10609.jpg

I got rear ended in 06, Woman in a jeep on the phone never hit the brakes. Cop said if she didn't have dual and side air bags she'd be dead. If it weren't for tha fact it was a diesel it would have been a total. It bent the frame on my 01 F250 and cost over 16K to repair. Had to put another frame under the truck. I got rid of it after that, it wasn't right. I always keep an eye in the rear view, cus these bastards are nuts. Bob

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

Just the other day, coming home from store I had another WTF moment. I'm coming through a small town, 2 lane, 25 mph zone. A car tries blowing out of a parking lot into the street right in front of couple cars in front of me. He's still sitting 1/2 in the road when I get there, and he quickly cuts in behind me(great). We proceed along and he's pushing me along(I ignore him, I'm in my pickup). We head out to the 45 mph zone and he is just screwing around speeding up/slowing down. We go a couple miles and come to traffic light at the highway. I slow down early to make sure he's paying attention. I roll to a easy stop and he quickly cuts around me on the right and without slowing down makes the right onto the roadway(55mph zone) RIGHT IN FRONT OF A DODGE PICKUP!!! The truck vears into the East bound side of highway to avoid hitting the stupid F$#$%er(lucky no one coming eastbound). The guy never slowed down or could see because I was sitting there. Absolutely incredible/lucky he didn't get boned at 55 mph by that truck.

I just thought to myself......."hmm, I just watched that video on the net about this crap and this happens". Geezus, what are these idoits thinking??

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Just the other day, coming home from store I had another WTF moment. I'm coming through a small town, 2 lane, 25 mph zone. A car tries blowing out of a parking lot into the street right in front of couple cars in front of me. He's still sitting 1/2 in the road when I get there, and he quickly cuts in behind me(great). We proceed along and he's pushing me along(I ignore him, I'm in my pickup). We head out to the 45 mph zone and he is just screwing around speeding up/slowing down. We go a couple miles and come to traffic light at the highway. I slow down early to make sure he's paying attention. I roll to a easy stop and he quickly cuts around me on the right and without slowing down makes the right onto the roadway(55mph zone) RIGHT IN FRONT OF A DODGE PICKUP!!! The truck vears into the East bound side of highway to avoid hitting the stupid F$#$%er(lucky no one coming eastbound). The guy never slowed down or could see because I was sitting there. Absolutely incredible/lucky he didn't get boned at 55 mph by that truck.

I just thought to myself......."hmm, I just watched that video on the net about this crap and this happens". Geezus, what are these idoits thinking??

They don't think.....'cause they're idiots

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

The driver in the Mercedes really helped him. It pays to look in your mirror and see if the guy behind you is going to stop.

Yep, it sure does! That habit was hammered into my head by friends when I started riding motorcycles some years ago. It still pays off, even when in my pickup...

post-2632-0-64063400-1300238245_thumb.jp