Puzzler Of The Day 7?

other dog

Got a picture of this old unit in Roanoke the other day. Been sitting there for years, but I don't know what it is. I couldn't get a good clear picture because it was getting dark. I was on the ramp getting on 581 north off of Orange ave.

I'm thinking early Autocar...crew cab's kind of rare,eh?

I even checked google-earth street view to get a better view but it didn't go up the ramp, which is the only place you can get a clear view of it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Never saw one this style, but the windshield and grille look like a Diamond T profile.

could be,could be. Might have to make a trip all the way to Roanoke to investigate further. It's a neat looking old truck, whatever it is. Maybe Mark can check it out next time he's in Roanoke on a binness trip. I don't usually go that way to 81,but I was a tad heavy and this brings you out on 81 south of the scales.

It certainly is a Diamond-T cabover crew cab. It was probably a utility company truck (phone, electric). I wonder if it has a rear view mirror (periscope) in the roof? (It kinda looks like it does.)

Thanks Doug- maybe i'll get a better picture some day.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

I don't think it's a crew cab;it looks like what they considered a sleeper cab back then to me.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I'm gonna have to go with Diamond T,looked long and hard for a cabover picture,this one sure looks close to me (with the exception of the crew cab)look at the shape of the panel on the side of the hood, next time i get up that way,i will try and check it out to make sure...............Mark

post-5836-0-51666500-1299295131_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It is a Diamond T truck, I think a 300 series, but have not been able to prove it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm gonna have to go with Diamond T,looked long and hard for a cabover picture,this one sure looks close to me (with the exception of the crew cab)look at the shape of the panel on the side of the hood, next time i get up that way,i will try and check it out to make sure...............Mark

yep, that looks just like it to me.

• 4 weeks later...