The Cost To Overhaul A 237

JohnnyB1081

hello all,i thought that it may be time to overhaul the engine in my 1977 R600 so i called this one fellow who is reputable and and asked him the cost to do an inframe and he quoted me $20,000 to inframe that little simple 237...i said thanks but no thanks,has this guy completely lost his friggen marbles????? i know they dont charge that much to inframe these newer trucks with big cats and cummins so why would someone spout off a price like that on my old truck?

Edited by JohnnyBarnett

hello all,i thought that it may be time to overhaul the engine in my 1977 R600 so i called this one fellow who is reputable and and asked him the cost to do an inframe and he quoted me $20,000 to inframe that little simple 237...i said thanks but no thanks,has this guy completely lost his friggen marbles????? i know they dont charge that much to inframe these newer trucks with big cats and cummins so why would someone spout off a price like that on my old truck?

Prolly didn't want to tell you he didn't want the job. Some people lack etiquette to correctly convey their thoughts.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

He may have though your who be hanging around in his way and he said to him self get rid of him now. Has he done work for you before? You did the right thing by saying no.Ihave had guys come out and want to help but was nothen but a drag and this is after you have priced the job. Nothen but a body standing between you and your tool box. Then some guys are a real help.

glenn akers

ive never used him before nor did i offer to help him infact i called him on the phone...its called I27 truck repair in amarillo texas..its a small shop but hes really good,known alot of people who have had work done by him and they say hes one of the best...so i dont know

ive never used him before nor did i offer to help him infact i called him on the phone...its called I27 truck repair in amarillo texas..its a small shop but hes really good,known alot of people who have had work done by him and they say hes one of the best...so i dont know

Johnny, Do you have the ability to do it yourself? Buy an engine kit and your on your way again. Saved yourself some fun and money plus bragging rights. Just guessing you know how already.

mike

Maybe in his defence he didn't want to quote on the job because he didn't know the truck and didn't really know what to quote on as he might have been quoting for a worst case scenario which is the best quote to receive as then if it was cheaper he would be a good bloke if it was more expensive he would be a rip off. I know I am in this position often and don't like being there Cheers Gearbox