675 Vs 673?

Maddog13407

just bought an engine from the junkyard. came in a running 1980 r model valueliner. guy let me drive it before we tore it apart and took the engine and tranny out. has a 10 speed roadranger behind it. this engine has the big Mack plenum on the driverside with a two tube air cleaner. i knew it was a 300+ engine. got it home and it is an ETAZ673A. i looked at the front of the block by the timing cover and it says T675 no END or anything in front of it. I thought 675 was for a 237 so why does the tg riveted on the block behind the injetion pump sayin its an ETAZ673A? just wondering. Also the roadranger says its a RT1110. what exactly is this model? a 1 to 1 direct 10 speed? thanks, Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

just bought an engine from the junkyard. came in a running 1980 r model valueliner. guy let me drive it before we tore it apart and took the engine and tranny out. has a 10 speed roadranger behind it. this engine has the big Mack plenum on the driverside with a two tube air cleaner. i knew it was a 300+ engine. got it home and it is an ETAZ673A. i looked at the front of the block by the timing cover and it says T675 no END or anything in front of it. I thought 675 was for a 237 so why does the tg riveted on the block behind the injetion pump sayin its an ETAZ673A? just wondering. Also the roadranger says its a RT1110. what exactly is this model? a 1 to 1 direct 10 speed? thanks, Matt

if i remember correctly, 1110 stands for 1100 footpound torque and 10 speed

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Not sure about the 675 stamp but IIRC some one said that towards the end of the Hayward plant mack was sending engines out and then they would build them up as needed. Mack had spent alot of useless time and money moving parts to anbd from Hayward. It may have been that they sent out a ENDT675 and then added all the Chargecooling to make it a 300+?. Also could be that the over the trucks life the factory block went bad and parts from a diffrent truck were used? Do you have a build sheet with all the S/N Info? thats where I would start.

The tag is correct if the truck the engine is from was built after 4/1/1980. The tag is for a 300+ which was later called an E6-315. Same engine I have in my truck which is a 1980 model. I'd say it's prolly had an older timing cover placed onto a newer engine, or the engine was built from parts.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

serial number is Rs612LST52368 and the tag on the engine says its a 1979 model with 315 hp.is this the original engine for this truck? not that it matters, just wondering. thanks, Matt

I don't have any books at home with me to research but the 1980 model year extended to 17 alphanumeric symbols for v.i.n. numbers from 13. I'm thinking for the 1979 model year that engine was still called an ENDT676 series.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

serial number is Rs612LST52368 and the tag on the engine says its a 1979 model with 315 hp.is this the original engine for this truck? not that it matters, just wondering. thanks, Matt

An F-712st is a 315hp so i would say a RS-612 is a 315hp also. Ron