American Loggers?

randyp

I have had 3 major careers in my life, logger, coal miner, now a semi-retired half assed dirt contractor. I watch american loggers on tv every now and then, have bout quit though, cause of some of the stupid sh*t some of these so-called professionals do sometimes. I guess maybe they prolly spice it up for cameras, but they aint no way in hell people I worked for would ever talk to me that way, hell, I dont even know anybody here who would take that kind of crap! I guess its just TV, but bout tired of watching all that arguing. Texans dont take well to arguing, sh*t usually hits the fan pretty quick here,,heh heh anyway, thas just my 2 cents, I think everybody ought to just work together and get along. randyp

I have had 3 major careers in my life, logger, coal miner, now a semi-retired half assed dirt contractor. I watch american loggers on tv every now and then, have bout quit though, cause of some of the stupid sh*t some of these so-called professionals do sometimes. I guess maybe they prolly spice it up for cameras, but they aint no way in hell people I worked for would ever talk to me that way, hell, I dont even know anybody here who would take that kind of crap! I guess its just TV, but bout tired of watching all that arguing. Texans dont take well to arguing, sh*t usually hits the fan pretty quick here,,heh heh anyway, thas just my 2 cents, I think everybody ought to just work together and get along. randyp

I can't watch any of that garbage. It tends to insult what little intelligence I retain.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im sure its just the TV hype. Cant have a show about work and every thing goes smooth without drama.... I work in auto racing and if you watched some of the event previews on TV you would swear that its all louse women walking around half naked, every body just won the lotto, money is no object, and you stay out all night with the crews. NOT!!!!! Not many girls come to races(unless with their boyfriend), I dont own a money tree, we try not to crash because cars are expenicive and Im in the hotel most night by 8PM...after a quick stop at taco bell.....

You get my point LOL!!!

Im sure its just the TV hype. Cant have a show about work and every thing goes smooth without drama.... I work in auto racing and if you watched some of the event previews on TV you would swear that its all louse women walking around half naked, every body just won the lotto, money is no object, and you stay out all night with the crews. NOT!!!!! Not many girls come to races(unless with their boyfriend), I dont own a money tree, we try not to crash because cars are expenicive and Im in the hotel most night by 8PM...after a quick stop at taco bell.....

You get my point LOL!!!

You got the dribbling shits

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You get my point LOL!!!

heh,,yeah, I hear you Lmack. I logged for several years with my dad (may he rest in peace) and he was just a man who really commanded respect. He was a short stocky man, huge arms, very dark, actually half apache indian and was very quiet and mannerly, (if treated respectfully). We went in to a Case equipment dealer one time with a stripped hydraulic pump, dad laid it on counter, parts man (a big fellow) complained bout oil on counter, dad appologized, guy looked it up in book, went in back and came back with a pump in box. Dad opened box, and was really giving pump a good looking over and rolling it around making sure it would match. The man said "You gonna buy that pump or just keep f*cking my counter up, you already got oil all over it!" I took a step back cause I knew my dad well. Dad slid old pump to one side, new pump to other side, and in a lightning move reached over counter and completely drug big fellow all way across and onto floor. I think the guy just went into shock, Dad bent down and said "I cleaned your g*ddam counter off for you, you smart mouth SOB, now you best learn you some manners, and if you wanna go any further than this, just get up off your big fat ass, and les have a go". The guy just laid there, dad slowly walked out door, we got in truck and I said "I guess we better locate nuther Case dealer,,huh?" Hope that wasnt a boring story, just kinda goes with treating people right. randyp

Hey Randy i hear ya'! i get so tired of all this "reality TV" BS! their all about the same anymore Ax-men,American loggers,IRT just BS done all for the benefit of the cameras. Maybe its the jersey in me,but the first season of IRT ,when that fat-ass "polarbear" blowhard said he would'nt fix the heater in that one guys truck (i know he was a whiny bastard!) he'da got my foot in his ass when i got back! I was taught respect by my elders,and have usually managed to do so,BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF ANYBODIES GONNA'TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! PERIOD! If these TV people are so hard up for reality,maybe they should go look for a guy that works two jobs 7 days a week to keep his family fed,and a roof over their head! not some drunken assholes at the "jersey shore" or spoiled rich housewives in L.A! i dont know where the get the idea that this is reality,but i think their talking to the wrong people! know what i mean?.........Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Randy i hear ya'! i get so tired of all this "reality TV" BS! their all about the same anymore Ax-men,American loggers,IRT just BS done all for the benefit of the cameras. Maybe its the jersey in me,but the first season of IRT ,when that fat-ass "polarbear" blowhard said he would'nt fix the heater in that one guys truck (i know he was a whiny bastard!) he'da got my foot in his ass when i got back! I was taught respect by my elders,and have usually managed to do so,BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF ANYBODIES GONNA'TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! PERIOD! If these TV people are so hard up for reality,maybe they should go look for a guy that works two jobs 7 days a week to keep his family fed,and a roof over their head! not some drunken assholes at the "jersey shore" or spoiled rich housewives in L.A! i dont know where the get the idea that this is reality,but i think their talking to the wrong people! know what i mean?.........Mark

Yeah Mark, I know xactly what you mean. This reality shit bout logging, cooking cupcakes, baking cakes, TV has gotten to where it just sucks! I am lightly dabbling bout going back in to doing a lil light logging on the side, it sorta ties in with what im doing now. I push up a quite a bit of timber that could be sold stead of piled and burned. I advise landowners of that, they usually just shrug and say pile it up, I need to grow grass for cows, oh well. Wife says aint no way in hell i am going to take on any more, heh heh, bless her heart, shes so funny. randyp :iamwithstupid:

Cut them logs into 20 foot lengths and i know a guy that can haul them

Oh and about TV . It SUCKS. Rehash of old standards, not reality crap.

I do enjoy the Weather Channel if Kelly Cass is on :chili:

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yeah Mark, I know xactly what you mean. This reality shit bout logging, cooking cupcakes, baking cakes, TV has gotten to where it just sucks! I am lightly dabbling bout going back in to doing a lil light logging on the side, it sorta ties in with what im doing now. I push up a quite a bit of timber that could be sold stead of piled and burned. I advise landowners of that, they usually just shrug and say pile it up, I need to grow grass for cows, oh well. Wife says aint no way in hell i am going to take on any more, heh heh, bless her heart, shes so funny. randyp :iamwithstupid:

Since the weather here has been so crummy, I have actually watched TV a lot. Sometimes I even turn the damn thing on.

• Like 1

Any chance you fellas might make to Macungie this summer? It would be good to match faces with avatars! See ya!

John

heh heh heh,,stop that bollweevil,,LOL John, believe it or not I am considering making that trip, its on my bucket list I guess. It gets a lil closer, I will know more for sure. I aint driving Killer that far, but may just make it there and no longer be a "Macungie Virgin". later,,,randyp

Any chance you fellas might make to Macungie this summer? It would be good to match faces with avatars! See ya!

John

John, Sometimes there is a group photo taken at the Watt's tent. High noon on Saturday. Some of us have a hard time remembering though.

As a sidenote Mark, I find me the right lil pole trailer, Ole Killer B may just get to pull a lil double duty and haul a few loads of wood, prolly light loads of course. randyp

Right truck for the right job i always say! heres one of Killer B's grandadddy hard at work!................Mark

post-5836-0-59290200-1295318867_thumb.jp

• Like 1

heh heh heh,,stop that bollweevil,,LOL John, believe it or not I am considering making that trip, its on my bucket list I guess. It gets a lil closer, I will know more for sure. I aint driving Killer that far, but may just make it there and no longer be a "Macungie Virgin". later,,,randyp

I think we all ought to get together on this,maybe make a trip out of it! hell,i never been! and when i lived in Jersey i was only 2 hours away! imagine the damage a group of us could inflict in person! LOL!...sure be a once in a lifetime thing,something to remember! i know i sure enjoy shootin' the SH@# with everybody i know on here,hell could turn out to be a longtime thing,like those guys that been to the superbowl every year for 44 years! ideas? comments? gotta' remember aint any of us gettin'any younger (or in my case,any better looking!)..............Mark

Yeah some of the TV stuff gets really exaggerated... gets anonying some times..but it sure beats dancing with the stars or the american idol crap..I can't take that lol..and I am not a sports fan so its either real work, a book, or some TV I DVRed and can play when I get soem free time. Oh and I'll be a Macungie too ha. see you gys there.

Keep on keeping on...

I think we all ought get together on this,maybe make a trip out of it! hell,i never been! and when i lived in Jersey i was only 2 hours away! imagine the damage a group of us could inflict in person! LOL!...sure be a once in a lifetime thing,something to remember! i know i sure enjoy shootin' the SH@# with everybody i know on here,hell could turn out to be a longtime thing,like those guys that been to the superbowl every year for 44 years! ideas? comments? gotta' remember aint any of us gettin'any younger (or in my case,any better looking!)..............Mark

I agree and think how much fun it would be watching Rob try to walk around with that bear "attached" to him! LOL randyp