E6-350 Swap

Superdog

I just bought another Superliner,'88 RW613 that has a 4 valve 350 with problems.Turbo went out,blew out a bunch of oil,but they drove it back to the shop 20 some miles.Changed turbo's,ran it awhile everything seemed ok.About a month later it developed a knock so they parked it.Sold it to another guy who was going to fix it,he tried to drive it home and it locked up.He decided it was going to be more work than planned so he called me to see if I wanted it for parts since I still ran Superliners.Said he got it to run,it would idle nice but if you tried to go much past 1000 rpm it knocked bad.Went and looked at it,made a deal,told him I'd be back to get it this weekend.He decided to try and move it to a better spot,instead of caging the brakes and pulling it,he decided since it was running again,he'd drive it.It now has a rod hanging out the side of the block.So now instead of a possibly repairable engine,I have a boat anchor.The truck is too good to part out so I found a really good 2 valve 350,low miles with history.What I need to know is will the air to air set up from the 4 valve fit the 2 valve engine.The 2 valve came from a '84 RS688 and the ATAAC from it is damaged.Are there any other issues that will prevent this from being an easy swap?

ANOTHER TRUCK??? You keep it up and you are gonna be livin' in one of them. I am checking on a engine for you to. I cannot remember if our U Model's had 2 or 4 valve engines in them, but one of them was still running as a yard truck a few years ago but I think it is only a 300hp. I'll let you know what I find out, might just add it to the collection of stuff you have over here in your "east annex"!!!

post-45-001176000 1290280662_thumb.jpg

will fit easily, but is the 'new' engine wih an air to air or a tip turbine? take a closer look at the front cover, I don't know why but they have 2 different type of engine mount and front cover is different. one is bolted right on the front cover and the other it's like 90% of the Mack E6, with a rubber bushing right behind the damper. if it's different you have to swap front crossmember.. if my explanation is not clear let me know i'll forward pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

ANOTHER TRUCK??? You keep it up and you are gonna be livin' in one of them. I am checking on a engine for you to. I cannot remember if our U Model's had 2 or 4 valve engines in them, but one of them was still running as a yard truck a few years ago but I think it is only a 300hp. I'll let you know what I find out, might just add it to the collection of stuff you have over here in your "east annex"!!!

Terry how many U models do they have,are they parting out any or selling them together.thanks Ron

Terry how many U models do they have,are they parting out any or selling them together.thanks Ron

They only have the one left. It runs well but the cab and hood are shot. I don't know yet if it is for sale. The semi-retired owner of the business will make the call if it is for sale or not. It has not been for sale to a few others who have inquired about it, but we have been friends since I was a toddler and I have bought 2 other trucks from him that were not for sale.

T.