E9 Headers

mack mhe9

Been running a set on mine for a year now 20,000 miles and 1,200 hours,,,, Not my everyday truck but works for me for what I need it for.

Will definitely allow you to open the the pump up and keep the exhaust and water temps in their

limits longer,,, but with 35psi your trans temp and clutch wont be happy with you :lol:

No dyno yet still working on keeping the clutch from breaking loose.

Pm me if you want more

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

So did u guys get them from Dale Francise? Im putting them on an MH. Is the turbo still located in the same spot, not that big a deal if not im just curious. How much are we talking for these things? Are u guys using them for truck pulling or on the road? Later ~Joe~

on the road

• Like 1

are they easy to fit? question that kill, how much it cost? what about the sound?

1/ If you have them built on your engine not a problem with fit,,,,,,,,but when you take them off and put them back on,,,,,big pain in the ass.

2/ They are expensive,,,, stainless plus fabrication time

3/ Smoother sound like an Indy car (that's what they tell me)

a freind of mine put them on his he was very unhappy he said it killed his no low end at all

Had the same problem when they made mine,,,,Your friend probably doesn't have a diverter plate to funnel the flow into the turbo. That's all I needed to do

So did u guys get them from Dale Francise? Im putting them on an MH. Is the turbo still located in the same spot, not that big a deal if not im just curious. How much are we talking for these things? Are u guys using them for truck pulling or on the road? Later ~Joe~

Joe

Turbo will sit 1" higher Drain tube may have to be lengthened

Radiator support rods have to spaced out 1"

I'm just wondering about your shift tower on the MH

shoot me a PM,,,,,,,,,,,,JIM

Mike Osborne in Riverton WY put a set of Dale Francis headers on his E9 and likes them. He runs his truck in the high RPM's anyway. He has a 2180 trans. and if it gets down to 1800 he splits a gear and pumps it back up. An E9 is a high rpm engine by nature(big bore, short stroke) and should not be lugged down, that's what breaks head bolts and blows head gaskets. Mike and I have talked about the headers but they are expensive. He recommends that I just try to improve on the manifold. Make something that flows out of the exhaust port rather than something that comes out and hits a brick wall.

I was more curious about price i guess.. I had to make my own flange for the Holset H5ca turbo. But your right that stock manifold is like hitting a brick wall. I thought about trying to make my own but if the price is reasonable to me I'd just buy them. And if I remember right that H5ca doesn't have the diverter in the exhaust side either..

I was more curious about price i guess.. I had to make my own flange for the Holset H5ca turbo. But your right that stock manifold is like hitting a brick wall. I thought about trying to make my own but if the price is reasonable to me I'd just buy them. And if I remember right that H5ca doesn't have the diverter in the exhaust side either..

I don't know the exact price of the Dale Francise headers but I have heard they are between 3K and 4K.