Pogo Sticks

Can anyone recall when the pogo stick was introduced for the gladhands with airhoses to hangon to? My B Model has 3 screws on the roof that will either be taken off and sealed or i'll have to fabricate a plate to hang the lines. I would rather have the pogo stick because I dislike having holes in the roof for possible leaks. Would like your feedback.

Thanks

mike

Here's mine:

SDC10563.jpg

Does yours have the clips out by the stacks?

I've seen some of the B's with a stainless bar across the top of the window with a long spring to support the air lines. Mine already had a pogo stick, though it was beat, so I got a new one.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Here's mine:

SDC10563.jpg

Does yours have the clips out by the stacks?

I've seen some of the B's with a stainless bar across the top of the window with a long spring to support the air lines. Mine already had a pogo stick, though it was beat, so I got a new one.

Hi Larry,

My gladhands are now mounted as yours. I was reluctant to scare the paint on the brackets, but I did alittle in order to twist them on the bracket but, not noticable until you dismount the hands. I cannot remember when the pogo stick was first introduced way back when. I want to go with that set-up if it is authentic for the 60's.

They were mounted laying on the deck plate wrapped up in a bungee cord fastened to the plate. Didn't care for that method totally. I do like your light set-up for rear trailer hookup etc. Hey I bet I would get clostrophobic in your garage :lol: cause most of the 1980's I was doing most of my work in a single garage, 100 sq.ft. I know a guy has to do what he has to do. How's the new rear suspension project going?

mike

I like pogo sticks instead of the roof mount. Less chance the lines will rub on the cab. I also like the rear of tractor/under the trailer air line conections as it leaves the deck plate clean.

I agree, It has a good look to that set-up. I'll probably use that type of mount. I wish that I could remember when the pogo stick was first used on trucks.

mike :pat:

Mike I started a post on the frame job.

Yes, only very skinny people can work on my truck(while inside) LOL!! The garage is large, but with the extra interior wall next to the truck it gets pretty tight.

Larry

• 2 years later...

Hello!

Sorry for resurecting this old thread - but I'm just building a pogo stick for my model of the Mack Superliner in 1:24 - and I don't really have the idea how the Pogo stick is mounted to the frame. Could anybody post pictures like that here? Can be any Mack model, I just need some examples to work on, I've never seen it in 1:1. Thanks in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

Typical pogo stick has a threaded rod sticking out the bottom. Stick it through a hole and bolt it down. I'm familiar with the typical model version, like posted above that comes with bracket to cross the frame. The stick you buy for real, doesn't come with that. They just bolt to whatever you want. Not sure the real factory location of a Superliner. Have to ask Superdog. Likely just an "L" bracket off a crossmember.

Larry

I like pogo sticks instead of the roof mount. Less chance the lines will rub on the cab. I also like the rear of tractor/under the trailer air line conections as it leaves the deck plate clean.

I remember seeing those rear mounted lines Trent, on an outfit call "Handy Enterprises" out of Montana,I think.That looks like a clean set up,I just wonder how many drivers have hit their noggin,while hooking the lines up? All for eliminating any holes in the roof,also!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

most of the older pogo sticks have holes drilled in the stick in two spots, one low and one higher to bolt the ''dummy couplers'' as they are called. some guys bolted them to the back of the cab on the two bolts or you could bolt it to the stick. mine i put the dummy couplers bolted back on the cab and put another set on the stick. i just coiled the lines and wrap them around the stick a few times and hook them up., couldnt find it in me to 'scar' the fresh paint on the couplers on the back of the cab lol

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg