Old Dm's Never Die!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Im extremely biased here...but that thing is an absolute work of art!!! You guys are looking at the toughest truck to ever roll off an assembly line....PERIOD!!! My 76 Model still hauls every day. The coalfields are still full of these beasts hauling their 45-50 tons a trip everyday. I have gotta ask if the cab was pretty solid before starting or if you replaced it? Thats about the only thing mine needs and I do plan on restoring it at some point. Only thing the one pictured needs is a nice big chrome double bumper and brush guard.

Your friend could probably name his price for that thing down in this area. Im in love!! LOL I just wish i could go buy a new DM800....lots of folks do. Bascially the only way you could hurt one is if you are just trying to (and even then its tough) or to wreck it...lol. I have roade my ol 800 out of the poorhouse on more than one occasion.

Beast is a relitave term, I love old trucks Macks especially. This is a little off of this topic, but my buddy has a 73' DM. The oldtimer driving it told everyone " this truck will push down trees". No one belived him. Well he put the old girl in first gear, LO, butted the bumper up against a tree and let the clutch out. The old Mack dug in and pushed the oak tree damn near all the way over. This is a 36 year old truck that works everyday hauling 20 ton of asphault, fill, and anything else it needs to. The old saying" A Mack will wear out 5 drivers" is true. I want to buy the old girl off of him when he is done with it, it has a 300 Mack engine, 5 speed tranny, 2 speed box, and 58k rears.

Well he put the old girl in first gear, LO, butted the bumper up against a tree and let the clutch out. The old Mack dug in and pushed the oak tree damn near all the way over.

Sure is a good thing he wasn't driving for me or he'd have been looking for a new job.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Ok. This is not a DM but it sure is a Beast.

I agree, Dave

The B81 is one of my favorites.

BTW, my cousin Bill's B83 is now painted in the same color scheme as that one, just his is a tractor not a dump truck.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"