Crazy Women Drivers...

Gambi80

Stopped at Casey's in town the other day for a pack of smokes before work and stumbled upon this. I didn't stick around for the 'Wrecked' tv show style 2 rotator trucks pick 'em outta the ditch scene...but it happens every couple months there. Story goes it was a husband/wife team, husband was asleep in the bunk while she tried to get 80' of truck through 20' of driveway... Wonder if they teach that in truck driver skool...???

post-1977-035808200 1283303292_thumb.jpg

post-1977-016478100 1283303304_thumb.jpg

post-1977-059264000 1283303316_thumb.jpg

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

That is a priceless shot. We have that problem on a road up this way. They miss the get on ramp for I-90, and try to do a U-turn on a county blacktop. I have often wondered about how much money a "big" fleet spends in one day on "mishaps" -Brad

I've often wondered that too. This one is only a drop in the bucket here. There are 2 dead-end frontage roads and one township road here pretty close to the on-ramps...countless have tried a 3-point turn around and have failed...others back up for upwards of a mile. I guess they need G.O.A.L. stickers on the windshields too...

Man,i see something like this just about everyday!pure frikkin' stipidity! i've always wondered about the cost of all these daily "accidents" too, i know of one great big carrier (swift) that has a "junkyard" just south of phoenix,AZ there must be (no kidding) 5 or 600 wrecked trucks and trailers in there! trailers with the roofs peeled back,broke in half,burnt-up,turned over you name it! i read a statistic from the safety director of JB HUNT a few years back,that said with a carrier the size of JB HUNT something like 3 to 400 reportable accidents is an "acceptable' number holy shit! 3/500 accidents A DAY is acceptable? not in my mind it aint! but then again,i'm just one guy with one truck,what the hell do i know!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Man,i see something like this just about everyday!pure frikkin' stipidity! i've always wondered about the cost of all these daily "accidents" too, i know of one great big carrier (swift) that has a "junkyard" just south of phoenix,AZ there must be (no kidding) 5 or 600 wrecked trucks and trailers in there! trailers with the roofs peeled back,broke in half,burnt-up,turned over you name it! i read a statistic from the safety director of JB HUNT a few years back,that said with a carrier the size of JB HUNT something like 3 to 400 reportable accidents is an "acceptable' number holy shit! 3/500 accidents A DAY is acceptable? not in my mind it aint! but then again,i'm just one guy with one truck,what the hell do i know!..................Mark

I saw 3 of those driveway mishaps just last week. Stevens had 1 and Swift had the other 2. On the same trip I saw a Pam Trans in Little Rock back over a newer KW huge car at the Pilot and another Pam had backed over a fuel pump at the J in Texarkana. I'm no male chauvinist but I couldn't help noticing 4 of the drivers were lardass wimmin from the Obama tribe.

Stopped at Casey's in town the other day for a pack of smokes before work and stumbled upon this. I didn't stick around for the 'Wrecked' tv show style 2 rotator trucks pick 'em outta the ditch scene...but it happens every couple months there. Story goes it was a husband/wife team, husband was asleep in the bunk while she tried to get 80' of truck through 20' of driveway... Wonder if they teach that in truck driver skool...???

Sure doesn't take much to scotch a van trailer- they get on the tires and you're done. I got stuck in a mud puddle like that once in Butler, Pa. pulling into a dirt lot at a store to get a cold drink. Another truck had to give me a little tug, I couldn't move.

I could pull a flatbed in there and tear up the grass and cut some ruts for 'em without getting hung up, if I could get over that big ass curb!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Sure doesn't take much to scotch a van trailer- they get on the tires and you're done. I got stuck in a mud puddle like that once in Butler, Pa. pulling into a dirt lot at a store to get a cold drink. Another truck had to give me a little tug, I couldn't move.

I could pull a flatbed in there and tear up the grass and cut some ruts for 'em without getting hung up, if I could get over that big ass curb!

I was thinkin if she had the posi-lockers on that truck she could walk it backwards right out of the ditch...but I digress, how many over the roader trucks are spec'd with full locks...?

I was thinkin if she had the posi-lockers on that truck she could walk it backwards right out of the ditch...but I digress, how many over the roader trucks are spec'd with full locks...?

The auto transmission wouldn't be able to handle it.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

A guy I know tried the trucking scene out. He hauled cans of recycled cardboard to the local ports. Anyways, he bought a used International 9400i sleeper tractor which was specked with diff locks and power divider locks.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

A guy I know tried the trucking scene out. He hauled cans of recycled cardboard to the local ports. Anyways, he bought a used International 9400i sleeper tractor which was specked with diff locks and power divider locks.

Full lockers rock. Can't turn for $#!t with 'em locked in, but you can bulldoze your way though quite a bit if ya got decent tires. The freightshaker company truck had full lockers on 2 switches....one for the power divider, one for the diff locks. That was a great set-up....if you just needed a little extra traction or had to be able to steer, you could just use the power divider. If it got ugly, you could lock 'em all in and try to get out. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!