Here's Something

I found this website yesterday. They have blueprints of various trucks available for viewing.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/

That is a pretty neat site! be really good for guys that make scale model trucks,i looked at the MACK section,just wondered why they have so many variants of the MR-model posted,pretty obscure truck anymore....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That is a pretty neat site! be really good for guys that make scale model trucks,i looked at the MACK section,just wondered why they have so many variants of the MR-model posted,pretty obscure truck anymore....Mark

There are still alot of them used for concrete pumpers and for refuse roll off container trucks. Haven't seen any new compactor MR chassis' lately though.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

There are still alot of them used for concrete pumpers and for refuse roll off container trucks. Haven't seen any new compactor MR chassis' lately though.

I still see one ocaisionally with USPS,they had a TON of them at one time,most of the ones i see are twin screws (tandems) kind of a rarity,always wondered if they were true tandems,or lift axles,never been close enough to one to have a look at it.........Mark

We have lots of 08+ MRU's running around here. Very few LEU though. I think I have a MRU to work on in the morning as we speak!

NYC still has quite a few and some of the USPS depots too. A better part of our local sanitation companies use (d) the MR / MF Macks. They are now mostly replacing them with Pete 320's. Still an interesting site for us modelers.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

NYC still has quite a few and some of the USPS depots too. A better part of our local sanitation companies use (d) the MR / MF Macks. They are now mostly replacing them with Pete 320's. Still an interesting site for us modelers.

Thats what i was thinking,not all that many MACKS available in kit form anymore,the ones that are out there are EXPENSIVE!.....I know all about the NYC trash trucks,many is the time i've almost run over them doing 35mph on the turnpike! heading down to the trash to steam plant in the meadowlands! LOL!......Mark

I still see one ocaisionally with USPS,they had a TON of them at one time,most of the ones i see are twin screws (tandems) kind of a rarity,always wondered if they were true tandems,or lift axles,never been close enough to one to have a look at it.........Mark

The last USPS purchase in 2006 was about 90% Vision conventionals. But there were a few MR tractors in the order. AFAIK, all the tandem tractors in the current USPS fleet are Eaton twin screws. The Eaton power dividers reliably fail at around 350,000 to 400,000 miles.