Double Clutch Magazine

Does anybody know what happened to the "Double Clutch" magazine? I have a two- year subscription and have not had an issue since April/ May.

There are a couple of topics on the ATCA bulletin board about the magazine, but no answers that made any sense to me- Is the magazine is still in business?

Thanks.

Does anybody know what happened to the "Double Clutch" magazine? I have a two- year subscription and have not had an issue since April/ May.

There are a couple of topics on the ATCA bulletin board about the magazine, but no answers that made any sense to me- Is the magazine is still in business?

Thanks.

I got my copy in triplicate yesterday.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

There was a delay in the printing due to a lack of material suitable for printing. The ATCA is a club run by its members, if members do not submit stories for the Double Clutch then there is no sense in publishing a 10 page magazine. This time it was held back until some info came in. There are some good stories in the June-July issue, it is a good issue. Take the time to write down some info about a truck or event you share withe others in person, it would look good in print.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

There was a delay in the printing due to a lack of material suitable for printing. The ATCA is a club run by its members, if members do not submit stories for the Double Clutch then there is no sense in publishing a 10 page magazine. This time it was held back until some info came in. There are some good stories in the June-July issue, it is a good issue. Take the time to write down some info about a truck or event you share withe others in person, it would look good in print.

I tried three, (yes three) times to initiate the start of a chapter with the ATCA. I even renewed my membership as that was cited for the lack of movement. They didn't seem to care for any growth potential and this troubled me so I ceased progression. Hell, I couldn't even get a phone call back from them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know they exist somewhat because they processed my membership (took my money) but I haven't gotten a magazine either. It's been over three months, nearly four. I called them and they told me it only came out bi-monthly, hell I should be getting two issues then. Figured I'd just mark it up as one of those times where you join something, realize it's nothing like you expected and don't renew it next year.

I know they exist somewhat because they processed my membership (took my money) but I haven't gotten a magazine either. It's been over three months, nearly four. I called them and they told me it only came out bi-monthly, hell I should be getting two issues then. Figured I'd just mark it up as one of those times where you join something, realize it's nothing like you expected and don't renew it next year.

That was my experience a few years ago with them. No hard feelings, I'm sure they are a very good group of people who mean well. Seemed like a very east coast group, not much incentive for a midwesterner like me or Rob. I do wish them well nonetheless. Hope my experience was the exception to the rule.

That was my experience a few years ago with them. No hard feelings, I'm sure they are a very good group of people who mean well. Seemed like a very east coast group, not much incentive for a midwesterner like me or Rob. I do wish them well nonetheless. Hope my experience was the exception to the rule.

I understand from speaking with others there was a "shakeup" in the leadership of the club. Hopefully this will straighten and align to make the club more appealing for the younger set that is out there.

I have a pile of their magazines from the last year or so and haven't looked, or opened the envelopes/pages of a single one. I was thinking of giving it a year and then pursuing again to see if anything has changed.

Regardless, I too wish them well and harbor no ill will.

Rob

I tried three, (yes three) times to initiate the start of a chapter with the ATCA. I even renewed my membership as that was cited for the lack of movement. They didn't seem to care for any growth potential and this troubled me so I ceased progression. Hell, I couldn't even get a phone call back from them.

Rob

I was asked to start a chapter and did , they [he] said he will come to our first meeting to help set things up. That was it! never heard from them [him] again! even went to the dinners they had at the show and watched other new chapters get there charters, Me I got shit! then I joined the Connectcut yankees and been happy ever since! former pres. Sound shore chapter P.S. maybe someone will give me a call now!

Edited by MADDOG93

I've been getting "Double Clutch" regularly, but I could ask the same question of "Shifting Gears" magazine. I subscribed to that a couple of years ago and only got a couple of magazines. That's the one the Bighorn Dodge was on the cover of.

Still get "Wheels of Time" and "Old Time Trucks", which is the best antique truck magazine. They will talk to you on the phone like regular folks. I've sent truck show pictures to the ATHS site and they put them online at their site but they don't give the sender any credit for the pictures. No big deal, I guess they're too big for that.

http://www.oldtimetrucks.org/ott_magazine.htm

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've spoken recently with an officer of the club and our concerns are being heard. They will be trying to address the problems/issues within the club and it is recognized there is room for improvement within.

I'm still interested in forming a chapter as few around here share my hobby as there is no representation local I'm aware of.

I'll keep everybody posted on progression.

Rob

I've spoken recently with an officer of the club and our concerns are being heard. They will be trying to address the problems/issues within the club and it is recognized there is room for improvement within.

I'm still interested in forming a chapter as few around here share my hobby as there is no representation local I'm aware of.

I'll keep everybody posted on progression.

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Doug, I just finished editing a nice story about the history of Watt's Truck Center and the B-Model Store...is this something Double Clutch would e interested in and if so, do you know where I should send it?

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

The wait continues for my first issue, maybe by Xmas I'll get one...

I got three of the last issue, (no shit). I'll send you one but need your address. Suppose I should go ahead and read one of em????

Rob

Barry,

We are certainly interested in the story on your show. Please forwarded it to the Office address. If you have it on e-mail format, e-mail it to me and I will see that it gets to the proper place.

Rob,

Yes you get three (3) issues so you can share them with people in your area in order to get enough locals interested enough to support your effort to start a chapter. From what I recall about your chapter starting efforts, you did not have enough people to meet the requirements for a chapter. I amd sure with time you can stir enough interest or the ATCA can work with you on this requirement. I am and was not part of the chapter development committee, but I remember overhearing the discussions. Thanks for your effort and bear with the ATCA as we all undergo these interesting times.

Since you have joined, I think it was in May, there has only been one issue mailed. It was the June-July issue and it was delayed due to lack of material. Please message me with your info so I can double check your membership and make sure you get up to date. Due to the postal service your June-July issue may still arrive anytime.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Barry,

We are certainly interested in the story on your show. Please forwarded it to the Office address. If you have it on e-mail format, e-mail it to me and I will see that it gets to the proper place.

Rob,

Yes you get three (3) issues so you can share them with people in your area in order to get enough locals interested enough to support your effort to start a chapter. From what I recall about your chapter starting efforts, you did not have enough people to meet the requirements for a chapter. I amd sure with time you can stir enough interest or the ATCA can work with you on this requirement. I am and was not part of the chapter development committee, but I remember overhearing the discussions. Thanks for your effort and bear with the ATCA as we all undergo these interesting times.

Since you have joined, I think it was in May, there has only been one issue mailed. It was the June-July issue and it was delayed due to lack of material. Please message me with your info so I can double check your membership and make sure you get up to date. Due to the postal service your June-July issue may still arrive anytime.

Doug

Hi Doug, this is kind of a strange phenomenom as the last mailing of the three issues of the magazine arrived prior to the starting of this thread with no explanation of any type as to the origin, or purpose of the mailing(s). I last renewed my subscription a year ago in January, so it really is quite overdue on an annual basis. I have difficulty understanding after the subject lies dormant for nearly 18 months, there is renewed interest "out of the blue" in this subject matter. If not for the start of this thread, I see it as entirely possible no change would be contemplated, if realized. It is difficult to fix a problem you don't know, or refuse to see exists. For myself, it is very hard to comprehend and understand how someone remote could ascertain the lack of willing membership participation, or interest in my local area? I was not given a chance and as mentioned earlier, wasn't even paid the courtesy of a return telephone call.

I have a pile of "Double Clutch" magazines still in their respective mailing envelopes that have not been opened. What I mean here is that the subscription was renewed as this lapse was cited as the reason my chapter development was halted in the first place two plus years prior, (2005-2006). Had there been good communication from the start, this lapse would have not taken place. The magazine subscriptions in the shop were never for my own use, but rather for my customer's enjoyment while they waited for their automobiles.

One thing I am not very good at is making a silk purse from a sow's ear. There are problems in the leadership of ATCA, and they need evaluated and fixed for the benefit of all concerned. I trust this is being looked into strongly. I do not expect overnight results, but am eagerly awaiting the changes that are coming.

I would like to be a part of that change if, and when, it does happen.

Rob

Hey guys, it looks as if there is serious interest brewing to get this mess "straightened out". This very thread was the beginning of the path of progression bringing a few things to the forefront, and as we all know, "you can't fix what you don't know is broke". I appreciate the efforts expended to right the path that has been taken. I don't think anything was intentional and certainly not malicious but it appears to be found the membership has not been served as needed. I know I was quite surprised to learn others were having problems.

I've spoken with a couple officers of the club personally with ideas and solutions being actively engaged. My belief is everyone involved envisions the club prospering and growing with better involvement and interaction with the membership. This can, and will happen in the near future I'm quite certain.

If I proceed further down the path to forming a chapter in the midwest I will be solicting for membership of this new chapter. I have yet to receive the by-laws and such for development, but if you have an interest, pm me on this site for now. We will take it slow in the beginning stages.

As most of you know I have ample real estate available to hold meetings, shows etc., and there is room for growth.

Rob

Hey guys, it looks as if there is serious interest brewing to get this mess "straightened out". This very thread was the beginning of the path of progression bringing a few things to the forefront, and as we all know, "you can't fix what you don't know is broke". I appreciate the efforts expended to right the path that has been taken. I don't think anything was intentional and certainly not malicious but it appears to be found the membership has not been served as needed. I know I was quite surprised to learn others were having problems.

I've spoken with a couple officers of the club personally with ideas and solutions being actively engaged. My belief is everyone involved envisions the club prospering and growing with better involvement and interaction with the membership. This can, and will happen in the near future I'm quite certain.

If I proceed further down the path to forming a chapter in the midwest I will be solicting for membership of this new chapter. I have yet to receive the by-laws and such for development, but if you have an interest, pm me on this site for now. We will take it slow in the beginning stages.

As most of you know I have ample real estate available to hold meetings, shows etc., and there is room for growth.

Rob

I'll try to contact DoubleL immediately.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.