Simple Project....... Right?

Lmackattack

Project: Remove old door glass and replace with new glass... simple 1hr job,right?

Here is how mine went.

Day one...

remove door panel. remove/ replace glass.

See rust at bottom inside of door

sand and coat door inside with epoxy

cover door with dynamat

remove vent window

replace vent window

replace door seals

replace window wipers

day 2....

touch up paint around window

cant install door panel as paint is drying

check floor boards for rust

rust found

remove gear lever x 2

remove floor boards

snap of 2 foot valve bolts

order foot valve

sand and coat floor boards with rubber paint

put dynamat on floor boards

cant complet dynamat on floors

order more dynamat to finish floors

fix shifter cover boots

remove heater box from fire wall

remove fuse panel from fire wall

remove old fire wall insulation (to be replace with dynamat)

coat fire wall with rubber paint

wait for rain to stop

install vent window

insall window panel

day 2 ends with half the cab interior still on the deck plate

Hmmmmm!! Sounds like You were working at my house lol. I know how ya feel, I started sat mornin, by fixing one headlight, 100.00 later, two new headlights, new stainless hardware, new wiring and terminal blocks inside fenders. Finally I just said thats enough, if I kept going I know I would have had her down to the rails, then thought now what lol!!!!

I do believe this is called the "snowball effect" LOL! anyone who's ever worked on an "older" truck has some expeience with this!........mark

Truck doesn't have to be all that old for that crap to get out of hand PDQ...!

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I do believe this is called the "snowball effect" LOL! anyone who's ever worked on an "older" truck has some expeience with this!........mark

New vehicles really aren't any better, just not as dirty.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thats what i got myself into today while working on a D8K dozer last year we changed the eng oil cooler put( dawn dish detergent in rad and filled with water to remove oil) then it turned cold and we drained water (so we thought). for the winter sence we didnt have any work. we didnt put in any anti freeze we didnt have any. so we just left the hoses off. well today we got some work for it and we were going to get it fired up and ready for the job. except the new oil coolers didnt drain and froze and busted the bonnet(housing at the rear) easy fix right. we start the engine and it starts spraying oil out of the cracked bonnet. so we take the cooler assembily off the engine and both the coolers are now junk. that was a 3500.00 stupid mistake at the min. i just hope nothing else is hurt in the engine. this mistake is going to cost us 4 days of down time if nothing else is wrong.

It is very comforting to me to know that im not the only one all that happens to,,,all these years i been thinking it was just me and my screwball ways,,,I feel so much better now,,thanks,,,Randy

It is very comforting to me to know that im not the only one all that happens to,,,all these years i been thinking it was just me and my screwball ways,,,I feel so much better now,,thanks,,,Randy

Nah,you're not the only one! and rob's right "new" trucks are just not as dirty,but nonetheless frustrating! ask me about CX coolant tank replacement sometime!.....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

here are the updates on this project

new glass installed on the doors. Rubberized paint, dynamat on both sides of door/floor/firewall along with a 1" thick insulation pad on the underside of floor boards. 1/2" Carpet mat on floor and soon to be on firewall. I really hope all this insulation cuts down sound and keeps it cool inside.

post-17-087581200 1276312937_thumb.jpg

post-17-017335900 1276312968_thumb.jpg

post-17-059869300 1276313009_thumb.jpg

post-17-039339100 1276313061_thumb.jpg

post-17-070338500 1276313203_thumb.jpg

post-17-060013600 1276313230_thumb.jpg

You could start working on your B' if those guys in Marengo would get you cut off ready for you. I put some asphalt based sound damping stuff on the engine side of the firewall and the inside(interior) of the cab floor. It is a noticeable difference, but not nearly as quiet as one of our Granites. I must be aging before my time, because I really dislike the noise. Brad

here are the updates on this project

new glass installed on the doors. Rubberized paint, dynamat on both sides of door/floor/firewall along with a 1" thick insulation pad on the underside of floor boards. 1/2" Carpet mat on floor and soon to be on firewall. I really hope all this insulation cuts down sound and keeps it cool inside.

I'm going to do the same basically with my trucks as the fiberglass sandwiched foil that is glued under the bottom of the cab is falling apart.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You could start working on your B' if those guys in Marengo would get you cut off ready for you. I put some asphalt based sound damping stuff on the engine side of the firewall and the inside(interior) of the cab floor. It is a noticeable difference, but not nearly as quiet as one of our Granites. I must be aging before my time, because I really dislike the noise. Brad

Real nice!

Im halfway into the cab on my other truck and those Marengo guys have a sudden sence of ergency to get that air ride cut ready for me. wait what was the intrest rate on my down payment? I figure $100 x 10 years x $.250 a day carry the 1 yada yada yada... oh look in 10 short years you will owe me for your cut off..... Priceless!!!. take your time Brad no rush now LOL!

did a little more today.

got the foot valve bolted in and trimed up the carpet. But now it will be coming back out so I can have a Mack Logo sowed into the carpet, and some other little ideas I have .

I added it all up and the floor has 2 layers of dynamat, 1" of insulation. 1/4 sound dead mat, 1/4 carpet.

the fire wall has 2 layers of dynamat and a 1/8 sound dead mat. I will now be making some fire wall panels that can be removed easy for access.

took the truck for a quick spin and it did quiet the truck down pretty good. one more trick I may do is to put a 45" x 45" square of 1" insulation and bolt it to the under side of the hood. And then glue some 12" tall sections to the hood sides.

the truck has factory insulation on the out side of the firewall but its all ratty. I will likely replace that as well. My goal is to just get the vibrations out so that the truck is more comfortable to drive. Air ride cab will be next as that will also save my back. this truck just rides hard and is not fun without a trailer!