Mack Ctp713 With Mp7 & A Couple Cl700's With Cummins

We just got our first CPT713 in with the new MP7 Engine! Looks pretty good, but I am glad I don't have to work on these engines!

Click on the images for larger pics...

post-2-1154773742_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154773757_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154773794_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154773809_thumb.jpg

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

We also got these in!

The last couple CL700's in the free world! Both have Cummins engines and both are already sold! (There is also a Cherry Black Rawhide day cab hiding in there, but the batteries died on my camera...

post-2-1154774579_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154774601_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154774630_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154774650_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154774672_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154774699_thumb.jpg

bmodel_logo.png

We also got these in!

The last couple CL700's in the free world! Both have Cummins engines and both are already sold! (There is also a Cherry Black Rawhide day cab hiding in there, but the batteries died on my camera...

Hey barry what are they replacing the CL with again? Have any pictures of it? Are they going to do away with the CH anytime soon?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Mack had better come out with a replacement soon... South Dakota has eliminated their GCW limit, and trucks there only need comply with bridge "Formula B". They allow doubles up to 81 1/2 feet long including drawbar with no limit on tractor length. A 4 axle tractor pulling a 4 axle trailer, 3 axle dolly, and 4 axle trailer could thusly legally gross over 150,000 pounds. You need more than a 405 horse MP7 engine to move that kind of weight. Just to have a barely acceptable 6 horsepower/ton you'd need 450 horses, and you'd need 600 horses to meet the Euro standard of 8 hp./ton with one of these South Dakota road trains.

Mack should have saved the E9 V8 for markets like South Dakota, Michigan, etc.. It's too late to brig back the V8, but Mack had better get the Volvo 16 litre engine in a Mack NOW. Sure, a South Dakota trucker could get those 16 litres and 600 horsepower in a Volvo highway tractor- but most of the South Dakota market is for construction trucks and they need a Mack chassis. The same is true of U.P. loggers- a Volvo isn't going to last long on logging roads.

Hey barry what are they replacing the CL with again? Have any pictures of it? Are they going to do away with the CH anytime soon?

The CH is going to live on as the CHU with the '07 engine. There will be a replacement for the CL in the future.

The CH is going to live on as the CHU with the '07 engine. There will be a replacement for the CL in the future.

Thank God for that. I was getting worried that they were going to do away with the CH.

-Thad

Barry...Can you get some better pics of that Blue CL bucket? I'd like to see the whole truck, I'd appreciate it!

Were doin a "photo shoot" later today as long as the rain holds off...pics to follow! :thumb:

bmodel_logo.png

Ok, here are a couple quick shots before the rains come (again)

I wanted to take it 'on location' to our photo grounds so it would have a better background...but this should be ok for now.

post-2-1154980038_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154980056_thumb.jpg

post-2-1154980075_thumb.jpg

bmodel_logo.png

Ok, here are a couple quick shots before the rains come (again)

I wanted to take it 'on location' to our photo grounds so it would have a better background...but this should be ok for now.

Is that a Super City bed? That things almost too pretty to get dirty!

• 2 weeks later...
:mack1: last march when we visit mcungie there was the prototype of the new cl hood by the paintshop the man told us that next year there is coming a new cl out or a new truck that replace the cl it has a little bit the same model as the new granite hood only longer rene

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the CL's are discontinued, are the CH's also going to be discontinued?

This was posted above by 3P:

"The CH is going to live on as the CHU with the '07 engine. There will be a replacement for the CL in the future."

-Thad

• 2 months later...