Any Body A Detroit Deisel Guru

Not sure of the 4 strokers

But for the screemin 2 stokers

diesel can enter the oil mainly from cracked injector pipe or loose nut on tube under the roker cover

May B if U remove the roker cover n start er up have a looksee n give it a few revs n look for diesel

washing the oil away

Caution oil can B thrown round a bit with out roker cover

Jist my 2 cents worth from the udder side of the world

LOL

cya

§wishy

Here is the reply I got:

I think I have a 8.2 injector around here to verify that although they have a control rack and look somewhat like but smaller than a 2 stroke injector,they don't have the fuel jumper lines between the head and injector . So they have O rings on the body like the Cummins used [from the 250 on up ] . With the failure of the upper O ring the fuel would come up over the top and dilute the oil .

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

i have what i believe is a 8v92 not sure, but when i get around to it im gona need a lot of help, she is smokin like hell and slobberin also.

i dont really know where to start, it fires rite up and screems like she is pissed off, but it was setting for a couple years.

post-4852-127380791641_thumb.jpg

Yup, Dan's the man.

she is smokin like hell and slobberin also.

Sounds like it's running PERFECT.......................LMAO!!!!!!

I'm sure more then one of us can help you get it fixed up. I'm no DD expert, but everyone talks about the drain tubes and if it gets plugged will pump oil big time and smoke. Something to start with.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yup, Dan's the man.

Sounds like it's running PERFECT.......................LMAO!!!!!!

I'm sure more then one of us can help you get it fixed up. I'm no DD expert, but Rob might be. However, next time I stay at a Holiday Inn Express i'll get back to you...that's something to start with.

Wow, nice Marmon! pretty rare aminals.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 weeks later...

The 8.2 does not have a air box so it dont have the drain tubes like he was speaking of. To find the fuel in the oil you need to put dye in the fuel and run then pull valve covers and use black light. Other wise it is in most cases hard to find. Look at it this way a drop of fuel ever 5 min is not bad enough to see dripping but bad enough in a day of running to delute the oil and do damage to the brgs.Another common place for the fuel to get in the oil is the fuel pump seal. When some one uses a hand pump to build pressure from the primary filter to get fuel to the pump this can happen if too much pressure is applied.I have seen it many times.I saw it happen two times in one day to the same truck.All so the injectors can leak from inside plus the o/rings on the injector to the head.

glenn akers