How Many People Here Make A Living With Trucks?

Im just wondering how many people here either drive trucks for a living or are mechanics on trucks? Im 15 and I work for a diesel mechanic and thats what I plan to do when i get out of high school. What do all of you do for a living? I love being around trucks. Any time spent workin on or being under a truck is time well spent for me. One of our big customers has mostly macks which is nice. The oldest being a 96 RD and the newest being a brand new western star that didnt get delivered yet. You dont realise how well built macks are until you work on something else.

Chris

The trucking industry is a good field to be in...there will ALWAYS be trucks! I make a living selling parts for HD trucks...new and old. So seriously, stick with it, you can't go wrong.

If you bought it...a truck brought it!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Im just wondering how many people here either drive trucks for a living or are mechanics on trucks? Im 15 and I work for a diesel mechanic and thats what I plan to do when i get out of high school. What do all of you do for a living? I love being around trucks. Any time spent workin on or being under a truck is time well spent for me. One of our big customers has mostly macks which is nice. The oldest being a 96 RD and the newest being a brand new western star that didnt get delivered yet. You dont realise how well built macks are until you work on something else.

Chris

I started driving in 1959 ,bought first truck in 1961,started my last business in 1977,sold in 2006,semi retired ,I drive part time for a friend who started his business same time I did.

If you can keep that interest going you will do well.My last truck was an all Mack 1996 CH613,427,18 speed.

Pete

Chris,

At age 13 I went to work washing trucks, learned to "lot" drive at 14 (tough learning to drive a car after two years of big trucks, the cars were all missing one pedal!). At 16 went into the office as a billing clerk, and went on thru all of the office positions up to and including operations manager. during same time also drove locally when needed (which was often). Got out of the office and went OTR at 25 for a while, then back into operations, and back to OTR, and back to Ops, then into sales, then bought a heavy duty towing operation, then got out of towing (full time, still do it part time for a few friends) and I am currently running local T/L. It's nice to be home every night, no weekends, and not married to my phone anymore. I can still remember being 14 or 15 ('bout 100 lbs) trying to dismount and remount truck tires (both tube and tubeless)! Man what a lot of work.

T.

I'm 20 and i'm driving Mack since i got my liscence. also went to a diesel mecanic school before. so i do both now for the concrete business of my father. lots of hours, lots of works but can't imagine doing something else. the dog bite me! a Mack never die, he find a new owner before so you'll always have Mack to repair :SMOKIE-RT:

Thanks for all the replys. I was just wondering how many people here just have trucks as a hobby and how many people drive/work on the them for a living. I plan on going to school in Lima, Ohio at northwestern ohio tech. So if theres anyone in the area I'll be out there in 2 years.

Thanks

Chris