Missing?

other dog

I believe ROB is playing with SCIENCE......remember the song back in the 80's. I believe he used the word PROPOGATION.

I play with big words daily; reflection, refraction, inversion, reversion, convection, convolusion, and a bunch of others not normally used in everyday conversations.

Don't quite know what none of em mean, but , oh well....

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I play with big words daily; reflection, refraction, inversion, reversion, convection, convolusion, and a bunch of others not normally used in everyday conversations.

Rob

Thats ok Rob....I don't know how to spell Bollwevell yet. Did all of you guys get the Tower up and going again?

mike

Also on that note where is James aka (Boweavel)?

mike

Dammit Boy I have had the motherboard and power supply out of this mother, and have just got it back together. My taste's still turn toward older Iron, and tried and true southern recipes, with the exception of Rob's Road Kill Cafe. I still check out the site daily. I just haven't seen a lot that I cared to comment on. I will be here if you need me.

Dammit Boy I have had the motherboard and power supply out of this mother, and have just got it back together. My taste's still turn toward older Iron, and tried and true southern recipes, with the exception of Rob's Road Kill Cafe. I still check out the site daily. I just haven't seen a lot that I cared to comment on. I will be here if you need me.

James,....what's wrong with commenting on the 87 FreightLiner?....and the word for tha day is PROPOGATION. Now what could be wrong with that? They are all ENGLISH words, came from jollie ole chap England.....I know us old Ireland boys jist luv ta fight with the jollies. I'm jist an ole REB myself. It'll be allright someday. Ya have to be a bit crazy to git by these days.

Good to hear ya back!

mike

oh well...I didn't even know I had a motherboard. I wouldn't comment on this stupid crap I post either...like this little gem! :pat:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

James,....what's wrong with commenting on the 87 FreightLiner?....and the word for tha day is PROPOGATION. Now what could be wrong with that? They are all ENGLISH words, came from jollie ole chap England.....I know us old Ireland boys jist luv ta fight with the jollies. I'm jist an ole REB myself. It'll be allright someday. Ya have to be a bit crazy to git by these days.

Good to hear ya back!

mike

I put a lot of miles on an 87 Freightliner conventional. It did an excellent job, and in a hurry as well. As for as PROPAGATION is concerned, just as in trucking, there is as much or more of it still going on. Just a younger crowd doing it. The best I can say about that is Dammit.

I put a lot of miles on an 87 Freightliner conventional. It did an excellent job, and in a hurry as well. As for as PROPAGATION is concerned, just as in trucking, there is as much or more of it still going on. Just a younger crowd doing it. The best I can say about that is Dammit.

I agree, want to try something funny?,ask your average 20-something "trucker" to define the following terms and see what the answers are....EMERYVILLE, CRACKERBOX, 2 STORY FALCON, JAPANESE FREIGHTLINER, etc. its always good for a few laughs! greybeard trucking is getting to be a more exclusive club everyday, there are so many younger drivers that have done more than me,faster, better, and with time to spare it makes me think i have done something wrong the last 30 years!...mark PROPAGATION strikes again!

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I agree, want to try something funny?,ask your average 20-something "trucker" to define the following terms and see what the answers are....EMERYVILLE, CRACKERBOX, 2 STORY FALCON, JAPANESE FREIGHTLINER, etc. its always good for a few laughs! greybeard trucking is getting to be a more exclusive club everyday, there are so many younger drivers that have done more than me,faster, better, and with time to spare it makes me think i have done something wrong the last 30 years!...mark PROPAGATION strikes again!

OK,found all these. Searched everywhere and could not find a picture of a Propagation.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Rob

Rob,.....are you dealing with weather radar since you mentioned inversion, convection etc.?

mike

Rob,.....are you dealing with weather radar since you mentioned inversion, convection etc.?

mike

Six level weather processing is part of some of it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

OK,found all these. Searched everywhere and could not find a picture of a Propagation.

AAHHH! the golden years of trucking! doans pills,preparation H..........lol! A+ on the 2 story falcon btw!

Thats great!! Japanese Freightliner never heard that one before, just pissssed my pants and fell off my chair. BULLHUSK Oh ya how about west coast turn a rounds I asked my dad what that were when i was a kid he told me it was a ticket all truckers had to get on the west coast to get back to the east coast.Do you still need to get those tickets before coming back east ?

At least this almost 20 year old loves the old iron and old school way of trucking.

I did say "average" did'nt mean to lunp anybody into a catagory, i know there are guys who do know about the old school ways of trucking, and i am proud to associate with those guys...did'nt mean any offense.......mark

I did say "average" did'nt mean to lunp anybody into a catagory, i know there are guys who do know about the old school ways of trucking, and i am proud to associate with those guys...did'nt mean any offense.......mark

If anyone is that "thin skinned" to be offended, they surely don't need to be here.

Rob

I agree, i know i'm still a "FNG" on here, just dont want to step on anyones toes......mark

I wouldn't worry much about that. Just post whore your way to 'Pedigreed Bulldog' status like some of us have...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I wouldn't worry much about that. Just post whore your way to 'Pedigreed Bulldog' status like some of us have...

AW hell, i'm having fun doin' what i'm doin' ya' know? seems to be a lot of like minded people on here, thats what i was looking for someone to talk macks and shoot the @hit with i'm having fun!...mark

I never knew I had so many concerned friends. It's touching.

Before this absolutely meaningless forum gets any further - Allow me to put you back on track.

Someone famous once said "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated". The rumors of James and I running off together are even more exaggerated!! Even if we were so inclined - I'm way too old to run anywhere. Not sure about James' running ability either.

I have been a little sidetracked lately. The building business has been a little challenge, busy and time consuming. At least it's busy. And seems to be getting better, finally.

We're really trying to get Gray Hamilton's B-67 finished up and ready for delivery to Florida by the end of April. (Pictures soon) It's a really nice little truck, if I do say so myself.

The Fishers Truck Company is holding its' own. We have about two years of work ahead of us in the shop right now. The next projects are an H-63 Mack and a long hood Kenworth W-900-A with its' original Cummins KT-525 engine. Both trucks are sold and get full restorations with updates. (The H-63 will get a remanufactured Mack power upgrade to 300 hp and a Mack six speed transmission, Maxi brakes and new tubeless radial rubber; along with a complete disassembly, sandblasting, epoxy painting, rewiring, replumbing and detailing)

I am enjoying these trucks way more than I ever enjoyed working on automobile projects. It's very relaxing to just go in the shop and go to work. No phone, no radio, no interruptions. And the people that are helping us out have been fantastic. The trucks seem to generate a great deal of interest on the part of our vendors, and everybody gets excited. It really is fun.

As soon as there is some time, I will get a website with photos of the inventory and projects documented, but for now a few posts will have to do.

A special thanks to Other Dog for caring enough to call. Even if he was trying to scam me with something, and got caught in the act!

Paul Van Scott