E7 To E6 Comparison

Rob

I got a call from a friend that has a mechanical E7-400 I can have cheap, (his term). Came out of a CH model one of his drivers upset with a dump trailer. It is said to run but the truck was too old to repair so it was junked. Will this fit into a B model or is it much larger physically? Never seen one out of a truck myself, and it's been awhile since I've seen one at all.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

C'mon Rob, with all the tinkering you do.

Cut a little here, add some there, push that back, raise this up.

WE CAN MAKE IT FIT

Should be able to make it happen.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I dont know Rob i know i used a endt 675 or 6 in my B61. I used the front damper and hub on the crank and the water pump from the B engine to get it to go in.In a few days i am going to pull the hub and damper from my E6 and try to put on my E 7 and also the water pump and housing to install in my supperliner.The block is same size.The travel on the fuel pumps will be reversed in the B model.The E7 is all metric.The E7 will need to be air/air cooled for the intake air.The E7 will need a pull clutch. glenn

glenn akers

I dont know Rob i know i used a endt 675 or 6 in my B61. I used the front damper and hub on the crank and the water pump from the B engine to get it to go in.In a few days i am going to pull the hub and damper from my E6 and try to put on my E 7 and also the water pump and housing to install in my supperliner.The block is same size.The travel on the fuel pumps will be reversed in the B model.The E7 is all metric.The E7 will need to be air/air cooled for the intake air.The E7 will need a pull clutch. glenn

Hi Glenn(s), the engine has a 13 speed Mack trans still attached to the rear that I could get but he really wanted to keep it as a spare. He still has a couple of Mack tractors in use, but not much longer as he has moved to Kenworth, (I don't know why). I know the engine runs well because it was driven to my shop after being righted, and then driven back after being deemed not cost effective to repair. It did however run well and I don't know if it ran while on it's side.

I've split a B-61 grille shell to add a few inches of forward protrusion that will provide clearance for a charge air cooler and a/c condensor, yet retain non functioning shutters on my B-61. The radiator will also move forward within a carrier that will bolt/weld to the original. I am doing this for an E6-350 I have, and still plan to. I think if the E7 series engine is similar in size, I may go that way and use the E6 in my daughter's truck, (not the B67). With the exception of the extended nose, I am looking to maintain a factory built look from the outside.

I have so many plans and so little time...........

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Grab it Rob! Don't let it get away!

I had a mechanical E7 400 and T2130 13 speed in an RB dump truck and it was an animal!

It would pull away from 4&1/4 Cats like they were up on jack stands.

728 C.I.D. vs 672 C.I.D.of the E6.

Other than the air to air out front, I don't think it would be a tough swap, Block is pretty much the same dimensions as an E6.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I had a mechanical E7 400 and T2130 13 speed in an RB dump truck and it was an animal!

It would pull away from 4&1/4 Cats like they were up on jack stands.

Other than the air to air out front, I don't think it would be a tough swap, Block is pretty much the same dimensions as an E6.

Looks like I can't say no.

I'll keep you guys posted.

How fast will the truck run on 11RX22.5 rubber with the 5.05 rear ratio?

Thanks in advance for the calculation.

Rob

Rob i just came from the shop and did pull the front crank hub from the E6 and E7 because i will be using the hub from my E6 to go on the E7 and the pulleys so i will have enough room up front. The ID of the hubs are same the OD are the same as well as the width of the crank key way.So i have to find out if the hub from the water pumps will enterchange also.This E7came from a mixer so it may have been a RD but the pulleys fan and dampener are sticking out more than the supperliner is.So what i am saying is the hub size on the E6 is same as a 237 and a 237 or a ENDT675 is same as the old end673 B model engine. You can do it. glenn

glenn akers

Rob i just came from the shop and did pull the front crank hub from the E6 and E7 because i will be using the hub from my E6 to go on the E7 and the pulleys so i will have enough room up front. The ID of the hubs are same the OD are the same as well as the width of the crank key way.So i have to find out if the hub from the water pumps will enterchange also.This E7came from a mixer so it may have been a RD but the pulleys fan and dampener are sticking out more than the supperliner is.So what i am saying is the hub size on the E6 is same as a 237 and a 237 or a ENDT675 is same as the old end673 B model engine. You can do it. glenn

Thanks Glenn, sounds like I'm going to have to make this happen.

Rob

Mack added 1/2" of stroke to get the cubes the block should be very close E7 Manual hands down