Job Interview

Double L

I got a job interview with Gully Transportation based out of Quincy, IL Monday. I'm going to the St. Louis terminal for the first interview and then I got to Quincy to meet up with the Vice President. I was hinted I would be working in the brokerage department.

hopefuly you will get what you want from the co or at least be in position to. joe

I want to drive but since I'm not 21 I'll do something else in the company until then while I also get my degree in management. I'm so use to working in the shop that working in the office will be a change of pace especially in the brokerage department.

Broker makes us broker.

Either way we've got what...2 years till you're on the road??? Remind me to not go to southern IL after that!! :lol:

No one more year and I'm a better driver than most of these new breed of steering wheel holders.

We'll have Rowdy stick an RFID tag on your truck so we can have a www.wheresdoublel.com for realtime updates on your location and collision avoidance.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Mike Gully has a pretty sound company,you could do alot worse than working for him,even if they don't run any Macks.

Yeah I could be working for Swift, JB Hunt and the like or I could be shoveling shit for Obama personally. :lol:

Mike Gully has a pretty sound company,you could do alot worse than working for him,even if they don't run any Macks.

I don't know anything about the company but he likes old trucks, is an ATHS member, and has several restored trucks of his own- so I like him!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

:lol: ...now that's funny right there :lol:

I've heard that he's "old school".

He doesn't buy any new trucks, he buys glider kits and builds them with classic mechanical motors, just like the good old days.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Thank you and thankfully I would be working in Missouri instead of Illinois!

Ever worked in Misery before? Ya may rethink that statement come tax time when ya gotta fill out state tax forms for BOTH states. The "credit" you get for tax paid to Missouri will be more than you would have owed in Illinois...but that money is lost. Paid to Missouri, without getting a dime back from Illinois. If you overpaid to Missouri, you'll get a refund from Missouri...but Illinois income taxes are lower. Unless, of course you LIVE in Missouri...and in that case, you can deduct a few more things which get you back into the same ballpark as the Illinois taxes...but if you live in Illinois and work in Missouri, ya pay more. :pat:

....not to mention you get to commute, fighting your way thro0ugh traffic to cross the river in St. Louis like thousands of other commuters.... :wacko:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I've heard that he's "old school".

He doesn't buy any new trucks, he buys glider kits and builds them with classic mechanical motors, just like the good old days.

I know he was highly upset when Freightliner discontinued the model he was running. I remember seeing an ad to that affect somewhere, either in a magazine or maybe on Hank's Truck Pictures.

Here's the story-

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/df_gully.htm

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Freightliner stopped offering the FLD glider kits this year or this past year. He also has one Classic short hood glider kit with a 84" condo sleeper. All the FLD's have N14 Cummins in them with either 9 or 10 speed in them. There is about 25 FLD's with the ISX Cummins. He bought a few Pete 386's but he told me he made the mistake of getting the Eaton Ultra shift, the wheelbases are a bit too long, and he should have got a 63" raised sleeper instead of the 48" flat top. But I'm sure the 48" flat tops will be used for the Ohio turnpike doubles they run.