Another Dumb Question

SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE. do you think the vision has enough radiator for it?

Is the Vision radiator that much smaller than the CH or is it more the design of the hood that isn't conducive to carrying the heat away...?

I'd still like to find a '98-'02 E-Tech motor for my 97 CH...I don't know if I'm that brave though.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Is the Vision radiator that much smaller than the CH or is it more the design of the hood that isn't conducive to carrying the heat away...?

I'd still like to find a '98-'02 E-Tech motor for my 97 CH...I don't know if I'm that brave though.

i wish i would have measured my vision before i got rid of it but the ch radiator looks biger, the grill opening is 37 1/2 wide by 27 1/4 tall.

I don't know the CH dimensions but the Vision is 29 X 32 and the hood design traps the heat. I have a 97 CH w/350 and about 850,000 almost painless miles on it that still makes a Houston to Chicago every week rain or shine. The EGR 460 hasn't been that consistent ever.

Yeah I thought about that too bigen and I don't know. How's your new ride doing?

I'm hoping with the ECM still with the pullout motor all there is swapping places but I don't know.

im scared to brag, don't want to jinx myself, i made a trip out to kansas and back had to tighten up a couple loose clamps is all, but i came back through a snow storm. i like the short legs, but havent fueled yet, i mite not like them so well after i fuel.

I chunked the factory alum. and plastic radiator for a all metal one in my Vision, and I have no overheating issues no matter how hot it is outside but I do not have a egr either

me too. The top plastic to metal seam separated on my factory radiator so I installed the all metal from Detroit Radiator. It does great.

Okay gents I've found a pre-EGR low mile 427 pullout at a good price and wonder if I use the wiring harness and ECM from the pullout what other heartaches I might have doing the swap into my 04 Vision with the EGR type 460?

It has been done, I have seen it more that once. One of our best parts customers is a rebuilder. he only does Macks. He buys wrecks and anything Mack (mostly newer 1999 ETECH and up). I have seen him build a 07 CV713 with a 2V head 300 engine before, what ever the customer wants he builds it. He has sent me a few 04 and up CX's, CHN and CXN's with 1999 ETECH's in them. My job was the program the ECMs to talk to the all electronic dash. I dont know the details but I saw it and it looked like it came from the factory that way.

It has been done, I have seen it more that once. One of our best parts customers is a rebuilder. he only does Macks. He buys wrecks and anything Mack (mostly newer 1999 ETECH and up). I have seen him build a 07 CV713 with a 2V head 300 engine before, what ever the customer wants he builds it. He has sent me a few 04 and up CX's, CHN and CXN's with 1999 ETECH's in them. My job was the program the ECMs to talk to the all electronic dash. I dont know the details but I saw it and it looked like it came from the factory that way.

like I said not a week end project!

if mackpro completes his test kit wont that turn an egr aset engine into a etech

nope onthe same results?

nope on the change heads?

nope charlie your a posting whore stay out of things you don't know about???

Lol...

I wonder...on a Cat 'bridge' motor you can swap ECM's and maybe a turbo with an older version and bypass/whatever the emissions crap. Is that possible with an ASET motor and an ETECH? Swap turbo's, plug off the EGR and reprogram/swap the ECM and get similar results? I suppose if a guy had a laptop with unlimited access to ECM's he could do anything.

Lol...

I wonder...on a Cat 'bridge' motor you can swap ECM's and maybe a turbo with an older version and bypass/whatever the emissions crap. Is that possible with an ASET motor and an ETECH? Swap turbo's, plug off the EGR and reprogram/swap the ECM and get similar results? I suppose if a guy had a laptop with unlimited access to ECM's he could do anything.

I have seen things like this done on a ASET engine and then brought to me to program, it can be done, but how much HP lost in the process I dont know. I have seen an ASET AC block/heads/cam/intake manifold and injectors with a 2002 CCRS exhaust manifold/turbo/EUP's/ wiring harness and engine ECM. It ran and ran smooth, I programed it to 460HP but did it put out 460 HP. I dont know, probably not.

I have seen things like this done on a ASET engine and then brought to me to program, it can be done, but how much HP lost in the process I dont know. I have seen an ASET AC block/heads/cam/intake manifold and injectors with a 2002 CCRS exhaust manifold/turbo/EUP's/ wiring harness and engine ECM. It ran and ran smooth, I programed it to 460HP but did it put out 460 HP. I dont know, probably not.

Gotta somehow convince the dealer near me to hire you out of where you work. lol

Guys here either act like they don't know shit or really don't...service manager is a tool-something that I think is more detrimental to a shop than anything. The good ones seem to get run out for some reason.