1962 B61S Tandem Dump Ebay

well i guess no one realy wants a dry western b61s but im going to try it again hate to scrap it to get what i want for it its ebay # 390154956946

I honestly wish i could come up with the money cause that is a very nice truck, here in new york nothing looks like that for long.. i have two brockways tractors and a trojan loader that has a bad motor if interested at all...lol nice truck

Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

well i guess no one realy wants a dry western b61s but im going to try it again hate to scrap it to get what i want for it its ebay # 390154956946

I'd hate to see it scrapped too but I don't think you would realize $180.00 ton in today's marketplace. Just last week the commodities market was going at about 1/2 that.

The truck would be nice for my ongoing collection also, but I'm afraid Momma would chop out my hemorhoids with a meat cleaver if I brought it home.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have a reason and place for it but other bills to pay

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Willys57,

I had a 1957 Willys 4wd pickup that we completely restored recently. Neat old truck. (It sold on E-bay, by the way)

Anyway - back on topic....

I agree with Trenton on the recategorization of your truck to get more hits on E-Bay. Also consider getting rid of the $4200 "Buy-it-Now" price and set a minimum bid of $1500 or 1800, or whatever is the least amount of money you will take for the truck. Let the bidding go from there. It will sell - just be patient. We are in the worst economy most of us have ever seen. And, like you, many of us are buried in snow up to our ears right now.

And - for those of you who don't recognize it - this truck is a really good buy; it would be a good buy even if it didn't run! There are very few rust-free examples of any 40+ year old trucks anywhere in the US. Rust-free trucks that run, stop and drive are extremely rare, and getting more rare every day. A total cab restoration of an average condition East coast B model Mack runs in the order of $5,000.00 to $10,000.00, almost all of the money being used to correct rust related problems. Starting out rust-free is better - a lot better.

Just to help - I have a B Mack somewhere out in the Wyoming wilderness that I have committed to purchase from Packer. It will need to come East to upstate New York sometime this spring. If somebody was serious, I would share our trailer with them and get the dump truck back this way also. The cost of shipping would be cut in half. And I wouldn't have to try to convince Packer that Ohio wasn't a bad word!!

Paul Van Scott

Willys57,

I had a 1957 Willys 4wd pickup that we completely restored recently. Neat old truck. (It sold on E-bay, by the way)

Anyway - back on topic....

I agree with Trenton on the recategorization of your truck to get more hits on E-Bay. Also consider getting rid of the $4200 "Buy-it-Now" price and set a minimum bid of $1500 or 1800, or whatever is the least amount of money you will take for the truck. Let the bidding go from there. It will sell - just be patient. We are in the worst economy most of us have ever seen. And, like you, many of us are buried in snow up to our ears right now.

And - for those of you who don't recognize it - this truck is a really good buy; it would be a good buy even if it didn't run! There are very few rust-free examples of any 40+ year old trucks anywhere in the US. Rust-free trucks that run, stop and drive are extremely rare, and getting more rare every day. A total cab restoration of an average condition East coast B model Mack runs in the order of $5,000.00 to $10,000.00, almost all of the money being used to correct rust related problems. Starting out rust-free is better - a lot better.

Just to help - I have a B Mack somewhere out in the Wyoming wilderness that I have committed to purchase from Packer. It will need to come East to upstate New York sometime this spring. If somebody was serious, I would share our trailer with them and get the dump truck back this way also. The cost of shipping would be cut in half. And I wouldn't have to try to convince Packer that Ohio wasn't a bad word!!

Paul Van Scott

PA is a different story though, at least on trailer wheel bearings!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well i dont know about the rest of you but i get tired of the ''someone buy it before i scrap it'' bull*&%#. As we've all seen prerfectly good sheetmetal and trucks not just Macks being scraped over the past few years just because it doesnt sell or because someone doesnt wanna wait the time to sell it. I seen a whole junkyard here in upstate ny go to albany 2 years ago with some rare b models and other trucks in it. Only problem was the guy wouldnt sell you anything, he was waiting for the long dollar. well he got ripped cuz he sold everything off to this buig scrapper for like $80 a ton then the following year the scrap prices went up. not only that up here they might say its worth 1500 for scrap but you end up getting about half that when they take their share out of it.As for the rest of you, id love to have that truck or some of the sheetmetal here at my house cause everything up here if it isnt junk, it will be in the winter if you run it with the liquid battery acid New York State Dot seems to feel the need to put on the road so they are bare, always. Thats my rant for today, dont scrap it, hang onto it or part it out. youd prolly make more on parts anyways, then scrap the junk parts. ~Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg