Egr Again

if you had an 07 with a completely new emission system on it would you try jerryb's egr fix?

thanks in advance.

If you are jeopardizing any warrenty, then no, I would not. Otherwise, sure. Never cared for EGR in the first place and it seems to be unneeded, and troublesome.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

every thing is fine so far. im just a little scared to start monkeying with it. (blocking egr)

I'm still working on a EGR system removal kit. Got the Mass Flow ECM plug with attached resistors to fool the ECM. The ECM will think that the EGR temp and flow are correct. Got the resistors from Radio Shack . Just been super busy around here. Boss man said I could try it out on one of the 04's when I get ready.

• Like 1

I'm still working on a EGR system removal kit. Got the Mass Flow ECM plug with attached resistors to fool the ECM. The ECM will think that the EGR temp and flow are correct. Got the resistors from Radio Shack . Just been super busy around here. Boss man said I could try it out on one of the 04's when I get ready.

Jerry B said he wasn't throwing codes!Why go to the extra effort?

Awhile back

You should put the driver on your truck !Then you can blame him for everything,smile.gif It will make ya feel better.

Off subject!

No falt codes with the egr plug Jerry correct ?

That's correct fjh there's no code present. lol I've thought about putting Jim on the new truck but I don't have anything against the man.

i got a feeling that when mackpro gets this perfected and marketed he will be retiring on his own island.

i got a feeling that when mackpro gets this perfected and marketed he will be retiring on his own island.

This would be "for testing purposes only" not to be left on the engine WINK WINK. Thats my EPA disclaimer! I wanted to totally remove the EGR valve and oil lines to and from EGR valve, remove EGR cooler and mass flow sensor pipe, block off EGR valve and intake manifold connection. The only thing left would be the mass flow ECM behind the engine ECM with my plug-in with resistors. This would lighten up truck 40 lbs

This would be "for testing purposes only" not to be left on the engine WINK WINK. Thats my EPA disclaimer! I wanted to totally remove the EGR valve and oil lines to and from EGR valve, remove EGR cooler and mass flow sensor pipe, block off EGR valve and intake manifold connection. The only thing left would be the mass flow ECM behind the engine ECM with my plug-in with resistors. This would lighten up truck 40 lbs

Increased pay load!yeeha Now were talking!Not only are we gaining fuel milage but payload!I predict you'll be a rich man 68!rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifbanana.gifclap.gif

If it aint broke, dont fix it! But, I would stay on top of the fix or bypass for future reference. What year did they start using this?

your a lucky man to have puchased a pre emission truck. pay close attention to anything to do with egr or pfd or uria injection, because one of these day's you will want to trade if you go 03 or newer do plenty of research, and then dont do it, keep rebuilding your 98 till you retire

just remember 03,04,05, are not worth the rubber they are rolling on!

you know there bad when a dealer is willing to donate an 04 for testing

you know there bad when a dealer is willing to donate an 04 for testing

We have an 04 on the lot that I have been eyeballing to experiment with but it might be gone soon. We sell lots of used trucks, we got in 4 used "Flying J" trucks on Monday and 3 are already sold and we sold another plain white CX this week too. 98% of what we sell are non-sleeper tractors to farmers and a few dump trucks and garbage trucks. Seems like every farmer in a hundred of here has 1 or more Mack's. We try to buy up used fleet trucks in the 2003 pre emission years, sometimes we buy as many as 25 or more at time. If we do get in a sleeper truck in on trade our body shop takes the sleeper off and our frame guy shortens the wheelbase and sell it as a daycab. It's been a good year for us in the used truck dept. My friend's 2 new GU's just got built and ready for dump beds. His 2 trucks might be the only new trucks we will sell this year.

your a lucky man to have puchased a pre emission truck. pay close attention to anything to do with egr or pfd or uria injection, because one of these day's you will want to trade if you go 03 or newer do plenty of research, and then dont do it, keep rebuilding your 98 till you retire

just remember 03,04,05, are not worth the rubber they are rolling on!

Thats the plan man! I'm a very conservative operator, but I don't like to let things go either. When its time I plan on doing a complete rebuild on my CH. I do find the EGR business very interesting, especially with global warming and all.......HA!

I would be close to being done with this EGR removal project but I keep getting MRU's and LEU's in the shop with DPF issues, 6 days a week for the last 6 weeks, thats all I have been doing.

Well your not the only one.Shop here stays full of Macks with DPF problems.We have one keeps getting recall letters.I was there Friday and a man called about a bill that was close to $900.Wrecker bill $450 the rest was labor plus $8.50 part.Connection was corroded and all they did was clean it.Truck was in warranty but not this.They told him it was a maintenance item.How many truck owners unplug and clean all connections?Not counting the battery.

I had a wheel bearing installed in my 2007.Bad one was factory and made in China.Dang Mack is getting worse than Wal Mart.

Well your not the only one.Shop here stays full of Macks with DPF problems.We have one keeps getting recall letters.I was there Friday and a man called about a bill that was close to $900.Wrecker bill $450 the rest was labor plus $8.50 part.Connection was corroded and all they did was clean it.Truck was in warranty but not this.They told him it was a maintenance item.How many truck owners unplug and clean all connections?Not counting the battery.

I had a wheel bearing installed in my 2007.Bad one was factory and made in China.Dang Mack is getting worse than Wal Mart.

All our DPF issues are with the ENCOM style that are on the MRU's and LEU's. The DPF's on the CXC, CHU and GU are totally different and usually dont cause problems. I do all the warranty claims here at our dealer and I would think the warranty would cover that or I would try to get our DSM to cover it if the customer bought the truck from us and was a long time customer. Not that many parts on a Mack are made in China, I know the cast turbo outlet pipe on the 07 emission MP engine is made there and like you said some bearings come from there also.

mackpro68 do you think im pretty close on that estamate,out of warranty?

i think it would be pretty easy to spend $15,000 in 400,000 miles?

That might be alittle high, I figure at worst you would need a turbo ( plus a wrecker call for a popped turbo), EGR cooler, Mass Flow sensor/tube, exhaust manifold gaskets and a couple EUP pumps every 300-400K miles . However I have seen most trucks go longer with less problems. We have a local fleet (20 trucks) with 2005-06 CXN's and they bought the factory extended warranty and it really paid off down the road. I see EUP's as the most common problem.