1998 Cl613

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2241052

Talked to owner this morning. This is wht he told me. This was a Mack show truck that debuted Mack motor, Mack transmission and Merritor rearends. This truck got lost in corporate bs. He found it about six months ago in NC. It had 10,000 miles on it then. He said he is having driver issues now and wants get rid of a couple of trucks.

What kind of problems do you forsee with a truck sitting this long? Thanks in advance.

http://www.truckpape...px?OHID=2241052

Talked to owner this morning. This is wht he told me. This was a Mack show truck that debuted Mack motor, Mack transmission and Merritor rearends. This truck got lost in corporate bs. He found it about six months ago in NC. It had 10,000 miles on it then. He said he is having driver issues now and wants get rid of a couple of trucks.

What kind of problems do you forsee with a truck sitting this long? Thanks in advance.

I beleive its a ch 613.Nice unit!

Skunky fuel is about all I can think of! Looks like they bit using it so that would be a non issue.

you need to trade???

Sounds like the same story that one guy on here had finding that truck sitting in Memphis(?)...

Make sure the mice didn't eat all the wiring (maybe that's only me on the farm having that problem)...seals going bad maybe?

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

did some checking around, nobody wants their freight on a 12 yr. old truck regaurdless of miles.

i knew it was to good to be true.

That is the same thing I was told in 1980 when I purchased a 1970 IH 4000 with a 250 Cummins and 24ft. "Anthony" dump trailer from the original owner. This truck had only 36,000 miles, (actual) and I couldn't get any work because of the age except what wouldn't pay the incurred costs. Times haven't changed that much.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

did some checking around, nobody wants their freight on a 12 yr. old truck regaurdless of miles.

i knew it was to good to be true.

dammit...a '98 ain't all that much older than my '01 :blink: ...and I sure as hell ain't gonna get rid of IT just because its "old". :angry: As long as it runs strong and does what I need it to, it'll stick around. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

dammit...a '98 ain't all that much older than my '01 :blink: ...and I sure as hell ain't gonna get rid of IT just because its "old". :angry: As long as it runs strong and does what I need it to, it'll stick around. :thumb:

Age don't mean nothing to a good carrier. I'd rather have an old piece of equiptment that's well maintained than a new one that isn't maintained. The guy seems pretty high on the price of that truck though.

i thought the price was high,but it is pre emission with 30,000 miles guess its worth what ever some one will give. if it werent for the rejections for being to old i would give that for it, or if i had a dedicated run that made the age a non issue

i can't find much on that thing, but what I did find showed it as only being put into service Sept. 2009. If that is legit, there may be factory warranty on that thing. Check it out.

Dave

did some checking no warranty. mabe the guy who bought it forfited warranty for better price? dont know for sure. kinda worried 20,000 miles later its for sale maybe problems?