Where'd Double L Run Off To:

Rob

This is more my style Rowdy. B)

:pat: pickin' on ya ain't as much fun when the joke goes over your head & ya don't get it.

Look at the driver of the car in the pic...peering through the steering wheel 'cuz you're too short and ya can't see over it :rolleyes:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:pat: pickin' on ya ain't as much fun when the joke goes over your head & ya don't get it.

Look at the driver of the car in the pic...peering through the steering wheel 'cuz you're too short and ya can't see over it :rolleyes:

Oh I got it alright. :thumb: I just had to throw in there something more to my likin'. B)

Dammit that's funny!

Go for a ride with me sometime Double L... there are times where I've had to go backwards over a mile. High range in reverse with a 23 foot trailer down a curvy road. Those guys with 40+ foot trailers ain't got nothin. :SMOKIE-RT:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Just remember, you ain't driving a truck PULLING a trailer...you are driving the trailer, and the truck is just the steering mechanism. :thumb:

What an awesome way of putting... I remember when my Dad tried to teach me how to back up when I was a kid.

He gave me a wheel barrow and said all you have to do is chase it into the spot you want to put it. You are the tractor, wheel barrow is the trailer.

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

Dammit that's funny!

Go for a ride with me sometime Double L... there are times where I've had to go backwards over a mile. High range in reverse with a 23 foot trailer down a curvy road. Those guys with 40+ foot trailers ain't got nothin. :SMOKIE-RT:

I can't even get back under a 39' trailer if it gets past about 45 or 50 degrees...my truck is long & don't like to turn. I could back up until the trailer is jack knifed so bad its only 2" from my stacks, cut the steer tires towards the trailer as sharp as they'll go, and the trailer will start straightening out. I could drive around in circles with the wheel cut as far as it'll go and I'm LUCKY if the trailer will get to the point of pivoting on it's axles.

Gimme a mile, I'll turn this rig around :pat:

I wouldn't want a 28' trailer unless I could chop about 3 feet off the wheel base of my truck. :blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I learned with a lawn mower and a trailer...graduated to a tractor and whatever was behind it. The best is when you're backing up something with 4 wheels with a steerable tongue/front wheels.

Rowdy...my truck is 187" wheelbase. Works quite nicely for what I do.

I learned with a lawn mower and a trailer...graduated to a tractor and whatever was behind it. The best is when you're backing up something with 4 wheels with a steerable tongue/front wheels.

Rowdy...my truck is 187" wheelbase. Works quite nicely for what I do.

Your truck is 4 1/2 FEET shorter than mine. :blink:

l_64d13afcd23d221c377936c8ae53d176.jpg

yeah, that's a 36" box on the side :banana:

When I was hauling logs, the knuckle boom truck had a full trailer. I used to back it up without locking the front axle all the time. When loaded, it was actually easier to do it that way, because it wouldn't want to turn if ya had it locked. :thumb:

Your truck is 4 1/2 FEET shorter than mine. :blink:

l_64d13afcd23d221c377936c8ae53d176.jpg

yeah, that's a 36" box on the side :banana:

When I was hauling logs, the knuckle boom truck had a full trailer. I used to back it up without locking the front axle all the time. When loaded, it was actually easier to do it that way, because it wouldn't want to turn if ya had it locked. :thumb:

Look at that guy with PETERBILT wheels on his MACK!!!!! :blink::pat::lol:

Heck even if they WERE Pete wheels we ALL know that a Pete spends so much time in the shop it surely won't need them anyway(owner probably sold them to pay for fixing the truck...again)..... :chili:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Heck even if they WERE Pete wheels we ALL know that a Pete spends so much time in the shop it surely won't need them anyway(owner probably sold them to pay for fixing the truck...again)..... :chili:

Well...the truck is at a shop of some sort, with the hood up.... I hope he shoved a wooden stake through one of the wheels to kill the demons.

Well...the truck is at a shop of some sort, with the hood up.... I hope he shoved a wooden stake through one of the wheels to kill the demons.

That pic was when I was buyin' it...they was swappin' some stuff around so I could get right to work with it when I got it home. :thumb:

Pete spends so much time in the shop

Wrong! The Pete fleet I was working for none of them were in the shop except for a service. All of them even had C15 ACERT Cats in them. Besides that the mechanic was/is a strickler/perfectionist in everything he does. They were always on the road working.