Where'd Double L Run Off To:

Rob

Did one of you guys stomp his dick in the dirt or something to run him off? Not really like him to go days and not check in. Maybe he's on a rescue mission of a stranded Pete?

The world wonders........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did one of you guys stomp his dick in the dirt or something to run him off? Not really like him to go days and not check in. Maybe he's on a rescue mission of a stranded Pete?

The world wonders........

Rob

I have not seen him- but then I haven't been broke down for about 3 weeks now. He'd probably come rescue me if I needed rescuing though.

And speaking of missing- hadn't heard from Nocluejoe for a while. He used to call or send a picture once or twice a week, then just stopped. I called him a couple of times and left messages but still never heard anything. I thought maybe he was shunning me, but I found out that he's still alive and well, he called me just now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm still alive, just been getting ready for school to start back up Tuesday. I got my God grandfather helping me get my CDL (Be learning pulling a flatbed) and then once I do that I may be driving for someone out of KC pulling a flatbed in the state of Illinois.

I'm still alive, just been getting ready for school to start back up Tuesday. I got my God grandfather helping me get my CDL (Be learning pulling a flatbed) and then once I do that I may be driving for someone out of KC pulling a flatbed in the state of Illinois.

I've pulled a flatbed over 30 years now...hard to believe, but true.

I was lucky enough to get to learn with my dad's old R-model with the 2-stick 6sp...with 40' hopper trailer.

Funny story...the DMV guy who gave me the road test was about 400lbs and on an r-model the passenger door opens about 2/3 as far as the drivers door does. When he opened the door and saw how far it went, you could see the look of disappointment on his face...

Needless to say, the test was a quick one.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Honestly I feel spending $3500 to learn to get a CDL in 4 weeks is a waste of time and money. The only companies who hire from them trucking schools is the large companies. These small companies don't give a rats behind if you didn't go to trucking school or not. They want someone who is experience and won't tear up their equipment. The only reason these big companies require you to go to school or go back if you haven't driven in awhile is to collect money off you and get the Govt subsidy. Besides that new driver's who don't know a lick about trucking fall for it every time and it's no surprise why they don't last 6 months, they are promised such and such but when they get into their own truck they see that they were lied to. It's just that plain and simple!

Honestly I feel spending $3500 to learn to get a CDL in 4 weeks is a waste of time and money. The only companies who hire from them trucking schools is the large companies. These small companies don't give a rats behind if you didn't go to trucking school or not. They want someone who is experience and won't tear up their equipment. The only reason these big companies require you to go to school or go back if you haven't driven in awhile is to collect money off you and get the Govt subsidy. Besides that new driver's who don't know a lick about trucking fall for it every time and it's no surprise why they don't last 6 months, they are promised such and such but when they get into their own truck they see that they were lied to. It's just that plain and simple!

I think $3500 is a pretty low estimate for that too. I know a couple people who are/were waiting in line for the program at the college here...I told 'em I'd teach them for $3000. No luck yet though...

I was lucky enough to get to learn with my dad's old R-model with the 2-stick 6sp...with 40' hopper trailer.

Funny story...the DMV guy who gave me the road test was about 400lbs and on an r-model the passenger door opens about 2/3 as far as the drivers door does. When he opened the door and saw how far it went, you could see the look of disappointment on his face...

Needless to say, the test was a quick one.

Yup...I found that out the hard way, too....and no heat shield on the derned exhaust, either :blink:

l_aef78cef8400440789dc0e84b0766864.jpg

Getting in, the mirror bracket hit the intake and the door quit opening...I was already climbing up the steps, so when the door stopped & bounced back, it knocked me into the stack :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

My God grandfather is gonna teach me. I told him I'd off him fuel money and at least I won't be rushed through ya know. One benefit is I'll be learning pulling a 48ft spread axle flatbed. :thumb:

I pull a 48' spread axle...am I your idol? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think that's the best way to learn. You're fortunate to have someone who's "been there and done that" to teach you everything and show you things rather than just telling you something and that's the end of it. There's nothing like hands on experience that you can learn by hearing someone tell you about it or reading about it. That's what pisses me off about the guys coming out of school- they've been on the road for a year or two and know it all and i'm a fool-"well that ain't how they taught us to do it, my trainer (who probably has 2 and a half years experience) said to do this and do that and you're all wrong..." But you have a good attitude and I feel sure you'll be successful.

He has been driving for about 20 years now. I'll be learning in a Freightliner FLD120 with I believe a Super 10. I feel a Freightliner is the best thing to learn on. One thing I really love about the Freightliner's is your not straining your leg with the clutch as compared to an International where it sits up so dang high and then goes all the way to the floor. Doesn't work well with short folks like myself. Them Peterbilt clutches are not so bad my only gripe was my knees rubbing the steering column if I had air in the seat but if I didn't have air in the seat I could barely see over the dash, those KW clutches look like the same as an International clutch sit so high.

Yes sir Tom you are my idol. :thumb:

He has been driving for about 20 years now. I'll be learning in a Freightliner FLD120 with I believe a Super 10. I feel a Freightliner is the best thing to learn on. One thing I really love about the Freightliner's is your not straining your leg with the clutch as compared to an International where it sits up so dang high and then goes all the way to the floor. Doesn't work well with short folks like myself. Them Peterbilt clutches are not so bad my only gripe was my knees rubbing the steering column if I had air in the seat but if I didn't have air in the seat I could barely see over the dash, those KW clutches look like the same as an International clutch sit so high.

Yes sir Tom you are my idol. :thumb:

It's hell being short ain't it? I'm a whoppin 5'9. I can't ride with no air in the seat so I have just enough in it...but you can't beat the feeling when the air-ride seat bottoms out. :wacko:

The Peterbilt style clutch is hard to get used to. Whenever I hop in my brother's truck I'm always afraid my foot is going to slip off...only I'm in it usually to move it in or out of the shed.

Yup...I found that out the hard way, too....and no heat shield on the derned exhaust, either :blink:

l_aef78cef8400440789dc0e84b0766864.jpg

Getting in, the mirror bracket hit the intake and the door quit opening...I was already climbing up the steps, so when the door stopped & bounced back, it knocked me into the stack :pat:

I looked at that picture and said "WTF?!! What body part is THAT?" Jo said "that's his ass cheeks". I said "no way!". Then we figured out it was an elbow...but when you first look at it- man, I could have a field day with this picture-but i'm not gonna do it...i'm trying to quit. :rolleyes:

...my trainer (who probably has 2 and a half years experience)...

You're being awful generous. Most of them companies want to make you a trainer after 90 days...

...so 90 days out of school, some punk kid becomes a trainer...

...90 days later, the punk kid trained by the punk kid can start training...

...and ya wonder why the industry is filled with a bunch of know-it-all screw-ups?

Yeah, I went to school to get my CDL...but I had already been driving for a while. I've been getting paid to drive one size vehicle or another since my 18th birthday when I got a job delivering flowers (my birthday is 2 days before Hallmark day...I figured SOMEONE was making money off of all the pathetic saps who were expected to pay big bucks for weeds that would be dead in a week...may as well get my hands on some of it). Taught people how to ride motorcycles while in college, then started running wreckers once I got out of college. That job was fun, and I was being trained into the heavy duty stuff when the company got bought out & the new owners brought in their own employees. That's when I went to CDL school to get what I was working towards in the wreckers. I guess I got lucky, because my trainer was old-school. He had been with the company for over 12 years at the time, and had owned his own truck in the years before that...he had been around for a while.

I've had my CDL for 8 years now...been paid to drive for almost 13. It ain't getting funner, that's for sure. New regs...new technology...new mandates...stricter enforcement...

...and now THIS! Yup, just like carriers have had their safestat score, now individual drivers will also have a score.

I find this rather amusing, though....

http://www.csa2010.com/articles/CSA2010_Driver_Introduction.htm

scroll down to the bottom of the page....

What can I do?

AVOID ROADSIDE INSPECTIONS!

I avoid 'em whenever possible. If I know they are somewhere waiting for me, I take a different route. Even if I'm EMPTY, I don't run across their scales if I can avoid it. If I hear they are out with the portables...or just sitting somewhere waiting to harass big trucks, I take a different route.

I've been running that way since I hauled logs...and it carried over to every truck I've driven since....I really don't see any reason to change that now. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

It's hell being short ain't it? I'm a whoppin 5'9. I can't ride with no air in the seat so I have just enough in it...but you can't beat the feeling when the air-ride seat bottoms out. :wacko:

The Peterbilt style clutch is hard to get used to. Whenever I hop in my brother's truck I'm always afraid my foot is going to slip off...only I'm in it usually to move it in or out of the shed.

That is a problem. I like the suspended clutch pedal too, but i'm kinda used to the Peterbilt now. Your foot can slip off the pedal really easily, especially when your shoes are wet or muddy. Had to get used to no air in the seat too and I don't like it.(OK Freightrain, have at it!) With a usable air ride seat you barely even feel a bump, but if I put any air in the seat at all I could only see about 7 feet in front of me.

I looked at that picture and said "WTF?!! What body part is THAT?" Jo said "that's his ass cheeks". I said "no way!". Then we figured out it was an elbow...but when you first look at it- man, I could have a field day with this picture-but i'm not gonna do it...i'm trying to quit. :rolleyes:

That's the forearm...just below the elbow on my left arm. Kinda hard to take good pics of your own arm :pat:

...and my ass cheeks ain't that tanned...they ain't seen the sun is at LEAST 3 decades. My arms, on the other hand...I don't wear sleeves memorial day - labor day....and that left arm spends a LOT of time hanging out the window with the sun shining down on it....'specially since I only got 2-70 air in the Mack. I usually have a real good tan on THAT arm by the end of the summer:thumb:

LOL...do it! My kid came runnin over to me and asked me what I was laughin so hard at...

I thought I was the only one who had to look at and figure out what extremity it was.

I've been getting paid to drive one size vehicle or another since my 18th birthday when I got a job delivering flowers (my birthday is 2 days before Hallmark day...I figured SOMEONE was making money off of all the pathetic saps who were expected to pay big bucks for weeds that would be dead in a week...may as well get my hands on some of it).

"Night at the Roxbury" comes to mind. Did you ever jam out to "what is love..." ?

Also with CSA 2010 driver's have to lose weight if they are considered overweight or obese according to the BMI chart. So yeah CSA 2010 is bring about some changes. I see it being good and bad.

Gambi I'm 5'4 and all this time you thought you was short. :pat:

Also with CSA 2010 driver's have to lose weight if they are considered overweight or obese according to the BMI chart. So yeah CSA 2010 is bring about some changes. I see it being good and bad.

Gambi I'm 5'4 and all this time you thought you was short. :pat:

Well, my better half is 5'1...so I feel a bit better. But our kids will never be basketball players.