I Forgot About This All Mack Fleet

Double L

There are not many all Mack fleets out there. I know Polman Transfer out of Minnesota is an all Mack fleet and so is Sharkey Transportation out of Quincy, IL. I think Sharkey is in cohorts with Quincy Mack in some way since they seem to have ran Mack for years and the newest Mack they got is like an 02-03 from what I seen in their fleet, hell they still run some older CH's I believe. I wish DM Bowman was still an all Mack fleet, sell outs! Anyway there is a 3rd all Mack fleet, Harrisonburg Motor Express out of Harrisburg, VA I'm not sure if they are still in business or not though Harrisonburg Motor Express and there is a 4th all Mack fleet I forgot about it. They are Burns Motor Freight out of Marlington, WV and I think they have a few Freightliner's in the fleet. I'm sure Other Dog has heard of them and seen their trucks. Burns Motor Freight Mack Pinnacle

There are not many all Mack fleets out there. I know Polman Transfer out of Minnesota is an all Mack fleet and so is Sharkey Transportation out of Quincy, IL. I think Sharkey is in cohorts with Quincy Mack in some way since they seem to have ran Mack for years and the newest Mack they got is like an 02-03 from what I seen in their fleet, hell they still run some older CH's I believe. I wish DM Bowman was still an all Mack fleet, sell outs! Anyway there is a 3rd all Mack fleet, Harrisonburg Motor Express out of Harrisburg, VA I'm not sure if they are still in business or not though Harrisonburg Motor Express and there is a 4th all Mack fleet I forgot about it. They are Burns Motor Freight out of Marlington, WV and I think they have a few Freightliner's in the fleet. I'm sure Other Dog has heard of them and seen their trucks. Burns Motor Freight Mack Pinnacle

Oh yeah, I see Burns trucks all the time. They've been hauling chips and pulpwood to Westvaco in Covington for years and years, and you might see them hauling lumber on any pig path in West Virginia.

I don't know about HMX either, haven't seen any for a while but that doesn't mean they're not still in business. I was just looking at them on Hanks truck pictures yesterday.

One of Todd's trucks is on Hank's too. It's an old picture, Todd traded this truck for another Coronado a couple years ago.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

There are not many all Mack fleets out there. I know Polman Transfer out of Minnesota is an all Mack fleet and so is Sharkey Transportation out of Quincy, IL. I think Sharkey is in cohorts with Quincy Mack in some way since they seem to have ran Mack for years and the newest Mack they got is like an 02-03 from what I seen in their fleet, hell they still run some older CH's I believe. I wish DM Bowman was still an all Mack fleet, sell outs! Anyway there is a 3rd all Mack fleet, Harrisonburg Motor Express out of Harrisburg, VA I'm not sure if they are still in business or not though Harrisonburg Motor Express and there is a 4th all Mack fleet I forgot about it. They are Burns Motor Freight out of Marlington, WV and I think they have a few Freightliner's in the fleet. I'm sure Other Dog has heard of them and seen their trucks. Burns Motor Freight Mack Pinnacle What is that company that has the green & yellow Macks i think it maybe(SXT)Mack is all i have seen.

I seen a Burn's truck all the way out here a few times myself. I wish there were more all Mack fleets out there but in this day and age most companies are worried about their bottom line instead of brand loyalty.

No doubt, they get around. Might see one most anywhere. There was a good story in "Wheels of Time" about Burns a year or two ago. Jeff and Todd know Mr. Burns. They were the first trucking co. around here to use Quaalcom that I know of. They'd come into the mill in Covington in a brand new Mack on a hot summer day and get in the chip line and sit under the trailer in the shade because they weren't allowed to idle the trucks to run the air conditioner-and this was 25 or 30 years ago. Very few of H.H.'s trucks even had a working AC at the time.

Standard Forwarding is another one that was exclusively Mack and they may still be. I've never seen anything else in their fleet.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

B61Mack, the fleet with the green and yellow Mack's are Sharkey/Sisbro Transportation.

Other Dog, I remember reading something about them being the first to use qualcomm as well and it may have been crazy to not idle the truck back then but they were trying to save money and I don't blame them but then again diesel was cheaper back then. You got to remember your dealing with country folks they live without ac and heat, now if they were city people they would be screaming bloody murder. Funny thing is I can live without ac but I got to have heat. Speaking of Burn's they are one of the few test fleets who were testing out the new emission Mack Pinnacle's with the DEF.

B61Mack, the fleet with the green and yellow Mack's are Sharkey/Sisbro Transportation.

Other Dog, I remember reading something about them being the first to use qualcomm as well and it may have been crazy to not idle the truck back then but they were trying to save money and I don't blame them but then again diesel was cheaper back then. You got to remember your dealing with country folks they live without ac and heat, now if they were city people they would be screaming bloody murder. Funny thing is I can live without ac but I got to have heat. Speaking of Burn's they are one of the few test fleets who were testing out the new emission Mack Pinnacle's with the DEF.

This appears to be an all Mack fleet. Took this on rt. 422 in Pa. somewhere between Kittaning and Ebensburg. Sign says Appalachian...something or other. Look to be oilfield exploration trucks?

Good point there Gambi! I forgot F.L.M ran Coronado's, I know they had a whole lot of Columbia's in the fleet. I think they advertised a couple of them in truck paper that they were selling.

That's "A" Coronado. Only got the one and Todd owns it himself. I drove it back to the shop from Carter Cat once, when I was dropping mine off at Cat.

That's "A" Coronado. Only got the one and Todd owns it himself. I drove it back to the shop from Carter Cat once, when I was dropping mine off at Cat.

Oh ok, I thought he ran a couple Coronado's. No wait I'm thinking of the Columbia's he got with the dual side mounted stacks which I like that look on the Columbia for some reason.

:mack1::thumb: does somewhan now if HMX has the superliner still in there fleet looks like a great truck nice paint job nice colors and striping greetings Rene :mack1: forever :thumb:

Does anybody remember the days when Roadway had a blue and orange Rmodels running down the highways they went to CH's for a while heck Roadway ran almost all Mack back in the early days there are plenty of pics of old Mack coe's and B models I think I remember seeing some LJ's too Ryan

post-5240-12624607869992_thumb.jpg

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I remember Roadway running those old Ford COE's even seen them still working a few years ago before they merged with Yellow. Speaking of Roadway I wouldn't be surprised they become the next LTL union carrier to go out of business. I can't believe they are still hanging in there.

I seen a Burn's truck all the way out here a few times myself. I wish there were more all Mack fleets out there but in this day and age most companies are worried about their bottom line instead of brand loyalty.

Brand loyalty doesn't pay the bills...bottom line does. The way most of these companies operate these days, they only hang onto trucks for 3 years and sell 'em. That way, they are constantly getting maximum tax deductions on the depreciation, their trucks are always under warranty for major repairs, and they have an advantage recruiting/retaining the steering wheel holders of today with "new" equipment. They spec their trucks cheap & light...just enough to do the job they need 'em to do, no more....which is another reason they don't want to hang onto 'em past the end of the warranty period. A company with that sort of business model won't look to Mack to provide 'em with trucks, and even when they do, they don't spec it as a Mack...they get the Eaton transmission and Eaton rears...lighter & cheaper.

A company which hangs onto their equipment and runs 'em til the wheels fall off 'em, needing the trucks to take a beating and keep on working reliably day after day...those are the companies that turn to Mack.

The bottom line is that businesses are in business to make a profit. If they aren't seeing a profit, they won't be in business very long.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Does anybody remember the days when Roadway had a blue and orange Rmodels running down the highways they went to CH's for a while heck Roadway ran almost all Mack back in the early days there are plenty of pics of old Mack coe's and B models I think I remember seeing some LJ's too Ryan

I remember them very well, especially the R-models with Detroit Diesels in them.

Old "Big R" joke- why does Roadway paint the fenders on their trucks blue?..so the drivers know which end goes under the trailer.

I remember them very well, especially the R-models with Detroit Diesels in them.

Old "Big R" joke- why does Roadway paint the fenders on their trucks blue?..so the drivers know which end goes under the trailer.

I never knew what they had for a drivetrain but that pic looks like a long hood R model could it be an RS700L or RS600L with a 6V71 Detroit? Ryan

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I never knew what they had for a drivetrain but that pic looks like a long hood R model could it be an RS700L or RS600L with a 6V71 Detroit? Ryan

I've only seen a single Roadway Mack tractor and it had an 8V-71 engine. Don't know if they were all that way or not.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't get the joke Other Dog. :unsure:

Years ago Roadway (called big R) was the butt of all the jokes, then it was J.B.Hunt, then Swift...

just insinuating that they didn't have enough sense to know which end of the truck was which unless it was painted a different color...I know, it's not funny.

hope this explanation helps.

my favorite- why'd the big R driver leave his wife? He came home and found her sitting on a trashcan eating a cornflake with a pie in each hand...now that's funny!