Let It Snow

Ironman

That isn't a 454. The middle exhaust ports are a dead giveaway, its a small block. I have seen these monsters before. Some guy even made his own caterpillar tracks instead of tires.

I for one would like to see one of those Detroit 6V53's used to power a snow blower.

It hasn't snowed in the city yet (well it did dut for 15 min and it turned to sleet). But the blower is gassed up and ready to go when it does.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

HaHaHa You can put me down for one also LOL The lit'l guy is doing GREAT and so are the new parents. Thanks for asking Mike.

Now I just have to get my wife to leave the happy couple allown.

I completely agree with ya Thad.. I knew it wouldn't take long for somebody to notice it wasn't a 454 :thumb:

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

Small block Chevrolet engines do not have the threaded core plugs in the ends of the heads. Mark IV engines do.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't own a snow blower. I don't even own a snow shovel. If I need to shovel to get out, it's time to get a bigger truck. Ain't happened yet. 5 years ago, we got 18" and even that wasn't enough to snow me in. :thumb:

I thought all you 'southerners' way down in IL only got the occassional ice storm...?

My brother and I were driving down to central Kentucky to get his truck in early spring '08 right after a pretty good ice storm...I couldn't believe how many trucks were strewn about...twisted up like pretzels.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

here is a 327, 350 , 383 , and 400 Small Block Chevy's, the engine on the blower has to be a Big Block of some kind. . .

The valve covers are to wide :thumb:

Mike

post-4885-12612109360397.png

post-4885-12612109588795_thumb.jpg

post-4885-12612109978411_thumb.jpg

post-4885-12612110147238_thumb.jpg

1953 Studebaker M275. Reo 331 I-6, Spicer 5spd-DD, 6.72 Gears, 11.00R20H tires.

1959 Mack B61T. Mack END+T 711 I-6, 2 stick 15spd-OD, 6.38 Gears, 12.00-24J tires.

1962 GMC K4500. GMC 379M-V6, SM420-4spd-DD, 5.13 Gears, 8-19.5G tires.

1969 AMC AMX. AMC 390 Crossram, borgwarner T-10 4spd, 4.44 Gears, G60-14s Front N50-15s Rear.

1975 Mack DM600. 300 Mack 6spd 4.17 gears 445/65R22.5 front n 12.00R20 rear.

1976 Arctic Cat Jag2000. 275cc twin, belt drive, steal grips.

1977 Ford F350. 351M V-8, 4spd-DD, 4.56 Gears, 245/70R19.5G tires.

1988 AMC Jeep MJ. 2.5L I-4, 4spd-DD, 4.10 Gears 215/70R15 front 225/70R15 rear.

1992 Trans AM GTA. 406SBC TBI, 4L60E, 3.73 Gears, 245/50R16 front 295/50R16 Rear.

1995 GMC K2500 6.5-T, 4L80E, 4.10 gears 7.50-16D tires. 4.56 Gears coming soon.

2007 Honda Rubicon 500cc Single, 5spd fluid drive trans, 27x10-12 Front 27x12-12 Rear.

Still in search of M52 5 ton tractor, M123A1C 10 ton tractor

I thought all you 'southerners' way down in IL only got the occassional ice storm...?

My brother and I were driving down to central Kentucky to get his truck in early spring '08 right after a pretty good ice storm...I couldn't believe how many trucks were strewn about...twisted up like pretzels.

We rarely have more than a couple inches of snow...because when it DOES snow, it usually starts out as rain...then transitions to freezing rain...and after a while it turns into sleet...and IF there's any moisture left in the air, it MIGHT start snowing after we've got a good layer of ice & sleet on the ground. That 18" of snow was actually about 1/2" of ice, 3 to 4" of sleet, and then 14" or so of snow on top of it all. It ain't like it is up there where there are dry roads with decent traction once they push the snow off it...all they do 'round here is uncover the ice.

I remember last December I was in town for the Toys for Tots ride in Chicago...ice storm rolled through up there Friday night, and watching the traffic report on the morning news you'd think the world was ending. :wacko:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

We rarely have more than a couple inches of snow...because when it DOES snow, it usually starts out as rain...then transitions to freezing rain...and after a while it turns into sleet...and IF there's any moisture left in the air, it MIGHT start snowing after we've got a good layer of ice & sleet on the ground. That 18" of snow was actually about 1/2" of ice, 3 to 4" of sleet, and then 14" or so of snow on top of it all. It ain't like it is up there where there are dry roads with decent traction once they push the snow off it...all they do 'round here is uncover the ice.

I remember last December I was in town for the Toys for Tots ride in Chicago...ice storm rolled through up there Friday night, and watching the traffic report on the morning news you'd think the world was ending. :wacko:

December '08 was pure crap around here. "Unfortunately" I was in Florida for 8 days then...darnit. I missed the worst of it while relaxing poolside, beer in hand and enjoying the 85 degrees and sun. The best part was coming home and it being 5 below zero and knee deep snow. :angry:

Yeah we got it tough down here.

Actually today its cold (51) might reach 65

Monday am about 40. Plugging the truck in tonitepost-4436-12613261726425_thumb.jpg

Gotta figger out a seat heater for up top

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Now Rowdy you got to take into account Illinois weather changes hourly but you are right about the rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. It's not the snow we worry bout down here in ole Southern Illinois (Want to ruffle some feathers) it's the rain, freezing rain, and sleet we worry about it. Folks here in IL drive like crap regardless of the weather and add some ice to the mix then it's total chaos. :blink::wacko:

Did y'all hear about the cop that pulled out a gun because his beloved Hummer got hit with a snowball? :rolleyes:

Now Rowdy you got to take into account Illinois weather changes hourly but you are right about the rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. It's not the snow we worry bout down here in ole Southern Illinois (Want to ruffle some feathers) it's the rain, freezing rain, and sleet we worry about it. Folks here in IL drive like crap regardless of the weather and add some ice to the mix then it's total chaos. :blink::wacko:

Did y'all hear about the cop that pulled out a gun because his beloved Hummer got hit with a snowball? :rolleyes:

Too bad people didn't pummel him with snowballs. Deadbeat wannabe Billy Badass cops.

How far south in IL are you guys..?? I always hate looking in the paper and at times your high temps are 30+ degrees warmer than ours.

Too bad people didn't pummel him with snowballs. Deadbeat wannabe Billy Badass cops.

How far south in IL are you guys..?? I always hate looking in the paper and at times your high temps are 30+ degrees warmer than ours.

I can't go more than 32 miles South without leaving the state. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

December '08 was pure crap around here. "Unfortunately" I was in Florida for 8 days then...darnit. I missed the worst of it while relaxing poolside, beer in hand and enjoying the 85 degrees and sun. The best part was coming home and it being 5 below zero and knee deep snow. :angry:

The ice storm around Paducah, Kentucky last year was terrible. We used to go from Roxana to Calvert City to load and they were clearing trees for months afterward. Had knuckleboom trucks all along the highways loading up brush and debris...it was so bad they might still be cleaning all that mess up.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The ice storm around Paducah, Kentucky last year was terrible. We used to go from Roxana to Calvert City to load and they were clearing trees for months afterward. Had knuckleboom trucks all along the highways loading up brush and debris...it was so bad they might still be cleaning all that mess up.

Yup. Day after the storm last year I ran a load to Calvert City...looked like a friggin war zone. Power lines down, trees laying across the road, power out, phones out...even cell phone service was non-existent unless you had Verizon (they have generators at most of their cell towers).

To top that all off, I blew out a tire on the rear axle (outside tire) of the trailer maybe 4 miles from where I was going. Try finding a tire shop when there is no electricity, no phones, and everyone is off work taking care of their homes and families. :pat: I was about 2 minutes away from pulling the outside tire off the front axle to mount on the rear outside rim so I could dump off and get out of there when the company called me back to say they found a guy in Paducah that was on his way with a tire. I already had the blown tire off the rim... :wacko: