Scenic Views In Illinois

other dog

:rolleyes:

l_60dfd1b78e764c29a8ef3490e5ec4058.jpg

There's more to Illinois than cornfields :thumb:

Indeed there is-this is a beautiful country we live in. And those are nice cornfields too. I was talking to my Ma on the phone and told her I was in Illinois going by a corn field about 6 miles long, and she told me to "take lots of pictures", so I did. You don't see corn like that around here!

By the way, where was the picture with Dozer taken?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Indeed there is-this is a beautiful country we live in. And those are nice cornfields too. I was talking to my Ma on the phone and told her I was in Illinois going by a corn field about 6 miles long, and she told me to "take lots of pictures", so I did. You don't see corn like that around here!

By the way, where was the picture with Dozer taken?

That's taken next to my driveway...the view to the back of the house. You can see the edge of the wildflower patch next to Dozer....the truck parks between that and the house. The white spec you see on the hill top in the background just right of center is the Bald Knob Cross in Alto Pass.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

That's taken next to my driveway...the view to the back of the house. You can see the edge of the wildflower patch next to Dozer....the truck parks between that and the house. The white spec you see on the hill top in the background just right of center is the Bald Knob Cross in Alto Pass.

I was trying to get a rise out of you-know-who with the cornfields, but he's ignoring me.

I must say, I learned something today. I was looking at Alto Pass on Google Earth and I never knew there was that kind of area in Illinois. There's a Skyline Drive through the mountains of Virginia too. I could probably see where you live but didn't have enough info to pinpoint the location.

I was trying to get a rise out of you-know-who with the cornfields, but he's ignoring me.

FWIW, that's a bean field behind Dozer this year...fixin' ta be harvested soon, too. Last year it was corn...prolly will be corn again next year too....butcha can't tell from the picture 'cuz it's winter time and there's snow on the ground. B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

FWIW, that's a bean field behind Dozer this year...fixin' ta be harvested soon, too. Last year it was corn...prolly will be corn again next year too....butcha can't tell from the picture 'cuz it's winter time and there's snow on the ground. B)

No, I couldn't tell-in fact I thought it was a frozen lake until I saw a few plants of some sort sticking through the snow.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at a couple of scenic view areas in Illinois on my recent trip to North Dakota, just wanted to share the pictures since I know there are members here from Illinois...enjoy!

Were those pictures taken near LeRoy on either I-74 or U.S. 150?

I don't like that f*&^%$g town...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Were those pictures taken near LeRoy on either I-74 or U.S. 150?

I don't like that f*&^%$g town...

Them assholes love trucks; And not like we do.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Them assholes love trucks; And not like we do.

Rob

The assbag "police quief" (this guy was a real phucker) of LeRoy gave me and a co-worker a disobeying a traffic control device ticket for making a left turn on a no left turn for trucks sign because we were lost (and hungry)...turning around via a McDonalds parking lot.

A couple years later, on the way home from the indoor tractor pull at Gordyville, I stopped at the Shell in LeRoy to gas up...15 minutes later, going from I-74/55 to 39, my pickup died on me...fuel pump quit and I went home on the hook.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Dozer is saying.....I wish Rowdy would cruise on up and pick up Tom, Larry, and we would head out and pay Rob a visit and get some of that Road Kill Stew instead of my usual crap that he feeds me. Tom's tomatoes looked good also.

mike

Sad thing is, Dozer eats better than I do :pat: