Air Tanks

Mike

I've been searching for a couple of air tanks for my B and every place I have called has gone brain dead on me. Have called Mack and they do not return calls. I went to an International truck dealer and no luck with them. I'd buy new tanks if people knew what an air tank was. I found a scrap yard for trucks and they want 75.00 a piece for them. Does this sound about right for used air tanks?

THX

mike

I've been searching for a couple of air tanks for my B and every place I have called has gone brain dead on me. Have called Mack and they do not return calls. I went to an International truck dealer and no luck with them. I'd buy new tanks if people knew what an air tank was. I found a scrap yard for trucks and they want 75.00 a piece for them. Does this sound about right for used air tanks?

THX

mike

1-800-304-6225, ask for Barry.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Rob :thumb:

mike

Rob,

I went ahead and found a truck parts yard close to downtown Nashville that I inquired about some newer tanks off of an International straight truck mounted together and bought both tanks and they threw in the hangers so i'll mount them down the frame rails.

mike

Rob,

I went ahead and found a truck parts yard close to downtown Nashville that I inquired about some newer tanks off of an International straight truck mounted together and bought both tanks and they threw in the hangers so i'll mount them down the frame rails.

mike

I hope you realize that once you transplant those International tanks, your truck will need to be on "anti rejection" medication for the rest of it's life.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I hope you realize that once you transplant those International tanks, your truck will need to be on "anti rejection" medication for the rest of it's life.

Mornin Herb,

Ha Ha I know what ya mean. I figure since we've gone INTERNATIONAL in this country on just about everything the ole B would forgive me eventually. Lately i've been treating it to some new bolts and nuts plus the g/f and I gave it a good bath and wax job. It's in its new garage with a bigger smile on its face this morning. :D

mike

coulda been worse-at least he didn't use Volvo air tanks. I'd have went with used Peterbilt tanks myself, and sent Rob a picture. :lol:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'd have went with used Peterbilt tanks myself, and sent Rob a picture. laugh.gif

I can only assume you either like walking, or need the exercise!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think that air tanks are generic as far as who got what. I bought a "bad" tank for $9.00, that was the scap price. It had weld goober in the fittings. Ran a pipe tap in, painted it, and presto, new tank.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?