Time To Drill:

Rob

Bought a magnetic drill a couple of months ago so finally broke down and spent the money for the bits. These are all "Jancy" brand, (USA) and 2" depth of cut. Should last a good long time. I wanted to go with the "Rotobroach" series from Hougen but the cost for the same set was a couple hundred dollars more and no better in quality, (my opinion).

The drill is a 505 series "Hougen". It has coolant feed available through the spindle via an external pressure bottle. That should help the bits to stay sharp a good long time.

Now I need to get the special "body bound bolts" for locating the air ride suspension under my daughters truck as my excuses for putting the truck off are running thin.......

Rob

post-78-12514234400553_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I debated heavily between this one and the Milwaukee brand I was looking at as per Thads' suggestion. This drill is considerably lighter in weight, and is two speed. I really like the option of hooking a bug sprayer up to it to use coolant when drilling in the horizontal position.

The next purchase for this thing is to be a reversable tapping head. Good friend of mine is a tool and cutter grinder and will make me the correct size broaches for any size hole I will need.

I'll tell you it literally "walks" through mild steel.

Thanks,

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a drill exactly like that except mine's is a quadruplex instead of a Powerglide. I get my bits at Dollar General.

Thanks for posting that. I now have a better understanding of how to use this tool and properly match the speed to the effective hardness of the baseplate material in which I am attempting to bore a hole into. It should serve to extend the service life of the multipoint tool in current use.

Rob