Finally Got One Of My Own.

heartattack01

Well I found a beautiful 1959 B-83ST at a family friends yard. I've been drooling over this thing for quite some time and it's in great shape. It has a 220 Cummins with a quad box that's all original and it ran like a top when it was parked a couple years ago. I just found out today that if I can fix it up and get it back on the road, it's mine. NICE!!! I grew up in a Mack, watching my father driving and telling myself that one day that would be me. This is amazing, I'm only 24 years old and I'm being handed the keys to something I've always wanted.

post-4258-1248311172.jpg

WOW what a deal! Although the if you can get it home part can be a real clinker at times. If you don't live too far you could either flat tow it or if the brakes are good and work properly you could drive it home.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Well I could drive it if I want, he jumped up in it today and it started and he moved it for me. I don't have the room for it at my house so he's keeping it there. He has everything I could possibly need to work on it, including an old empty aircraft hangar I can put it in while I'm working on it. He only lives about 10 minutes away. Also I wandered around the yard some more and I found an even older mack that looks like it had a box mounted that's in even better condition. Also there was a C-600 dump truck, I'm not sure of the year and a 1972 R-400 in really nice shape. He's also got a bunch of old Reo's, an old Brockway and a nice Ford super duty tractor. This place is an absolute treasure trove.

• 1 month later...
Nice looking complete truck, good luck with it.

Welcome, just make sure that you do not tell where this treasure chest is, because we have someone that is trying to save all the macks for himself. And make sure that you get the truck of your dreams down on paper for him to sign. Back in 2002 I joined in with other Memphis Belle WW2 B-17 people for a donation to restore the aircraft. Only to find that the Air Force still owned it. After all the money we socked into her privately, the aircraft finally was sent to the Smithsonian Institute in D. C. and this will be it's final destination. It will never be flown again which is a good thing.

Welcome to the site

Regards

mike

Indeed, that's a great looking truck. That's not one you see everyday either. 220 Cummins-sound great! Congratulations on a great find and a tremendous deal, good luck with it. More pictures would be nice too,maybe pics of the other trucks too? Sounds a lot like the place NoClueJoe and I went to a while back and looked at some old trucks- like finding a gold mine,except he didn't give us one. (in my gallery,"Old Trucks in Cumberland")

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 9 months later...

Well I found a beautiful 1959 B-83ST at a family friends yard. I've been drooling over this thing for quite some time and it's in great shape. It has a 220 Cummins with a quad box that's all original and it ran like a top when it was parked a couple years ago. I just found out today that if I can fix it up and get it back on the road, it's mine. NICE!!! I grew up in a Mack, watching my father driving and telling myself that one day that would be me. This is amazing, I'm only 24 years old and I'm being handed the keys to something I've always wanted.

post-4258-1248311172.jpg

Thats a good deal! this is the poster child for big mack trucks!....good luck with the project,take LOTS of pictures!.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.