Your Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge might kill you before you get the memo

grayhair

My mom has a new grand Cherokee diesel. The motor and tranny are excellent. The electronics are total shit. That damn shifter is the most over engineered, over thought piece of junk. If you've never drove one, you should. I said when she first bought this two years ago there will be a big recall on them. It's total asinine. It's typical Chrysler cool for two years,

then it's dated. 

41 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

My mom has a new grand Cherokee diesel. The motor and tranny are excellent. The electronics are total shit. That damn shifter is the most over engineered, over thought piece of junk. If you've never drove one, you should. I said when she first bought this two years ago there will be a big recall on them. It's total asinine. It's typical Chrysler cool for two years,

then it's dated. 

Never saw one, what is it a tiny electronic thingie?

F.A.G. seems to have adopted the old GM idea, design it, build it  and either perfect it with recalls or drop it.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cool for two years?  You mean like fishbowl instrument clusters and square steering wheels?  

I know there are a lot of Mopar fans on this site but my experience with several Dodges has been bad.   Repainted one of them 3 times under warranty.  3/4 ton power steering box replaced 3 times under warranty.  AC dryer with defective O-ring design repeatedly lost the refrigerant, warranty issue.  Cured me, I gave up on them years ago.  

I like the Cummins in a pickup and a lot of the pickup's are good. But I kept trading for new dodge pickups because Chevy and Ford wouldn't give anything on trade for a Dodge. The Fever I had finally broke and I bought different. I just couldn't put up with the issues any more. My one kept burning out the little actuator for 4wd, dodges answer.......don't use auto 4wd and when you go to switch it into 4wd make sure the wipers are off, the blower fan isn't on high and make sure  you're not using any power ports. It's a body control module issue and warranty doesn't cover it. But we'll help you out and do it for $800. That was the end. 

7 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Besides the troublesome 9HP 9-speed transmission it supplies to many automakers, I do not like ZF's shifter that it supplies to FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles).

Seems fine if you can put the smart phone/ipad down

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Jeezus............rub your belly and tap your head and PRESTO it is in Reverse.  WTH????  Why do they make it SOOOOOOOOOOOO freak'n complicated.  Does Rube Goldberg work there?

02055a5.jpg

Their fix:
Dealers will be able to load the software into the vehicles, and it will automatically shift the cars into park if the driver's door opens while the engine is running.

Have you EVER had to hold a door open to aide in parking or backing up to something?  Guess that is out of the question now.  Thanks.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"