Happy 4th. Of July

other dog

I hope everybody has a safe and healthy 4th. of July holiday weekend. I called my son this morning, a friend, and my daughter, to see if they wanted to come over for some barbecued chicken and ribs. My son Morgan called back and said he couln't make it-didn't hear from anyone else...wish I lived closer to Rob and Joe and James and Larry, and Darrell, and Daryl, they'd probably come over for chicken & ribs.

Damn, I cook so bad I can't give it away...crap!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I hope everybody has a safe and healthy 4th. of July holiday weekend. I called my son this morning, a friend, and my daughter, to see if they wanted to come over for some barbecued chicken and ribs. Nobody even called back...wish I lived closer to Rob and Joe and James and Larry, and Darrell, and Daryl, they'd probably come over for chicken & ribs.

Damn, I cook so bad I can't give it away...crap!

I've sat around so much the past couple of years, that it just doesn't take much to wear me out. I would gladly eat your cooking, I am sick of mine. Having to keep up with planning and preparing three meals a day along with everything else that it takes to make a house a home, is a sure enough chore. My hat is off to the real homemakers, wherever you are. A special salute to those, past and present, who have with their Lives and their Sacred Honer given meaning to this day. In the vernacular of the southern boy FREEDOM AIN'T FREE. God Bless those who have so unselfishly put themselves in harms way. Thank You. HAPPY 4th TO EVERYONE.

Well said James - I echo the same sentiment - FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!!

And I didn't get any call from Tom - did you? What's he think we are, chopped liver?

He's probably just about 7 or 8 hours north for you, and 7 or 8 hours south for me -

just a nice early day ride. We could be there for dinner easy.

But - he didn't even think of us.

Happy 4th!

Paul VS

Happy Fourth to all. Thank you to all the vets and their families. I spoke to my step-son tonight, he's a Marine, I did my time now it's his turn. Lynn and I are staying home and enjoying the night together.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Well said James - I echo the same sentiment - FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!!

And I didn't get any call from Tom - did you? What's he think we are, chopped liver?

He's probably just about 7 or 8 hours north for you, and 7 or 8 hours south for me -

just a nice early day ride. We could be there for dinner easy.

But - he didn't even think of us.

Happy 4th!

Paul VS

You stole my thunder! I was gonna say "well said James!". Would you believe I tried to call both of you, but I lost my signal...tried again, but an ostrich ran by and snatched my phone outa my hand.

I been listening to them firecrackers goin' off in the neighborhood all day....

...then they stopped...

...and a short while later, sirens...

...fire truck and an ambulance...

...kinda funny, since fireworks (much like everything else "fun") are illegal here. :angry:

Luckily the state line ain't too far away :D I got me a pretty good stash of stuff...ain't shot none off this year though...savin' 'em for later B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I been listening to them firecrackers goin' off in the neighborhood all day....

...then they stopped...

...and a short while later, sirens...

...fire truck and an ambulance...

...kinda funny, since fireworks (much like everything else "fun") are illegal here. :angry:

Luckily the state line ain't too far away :D I got me a pretty good stash of stuff...ain't shot none off this year though...savin' 'em for later B)

I used to stop in S.C. and Tn. and get some every year.I lived by a big field in Appomattox, now i've got woods all around and it's gotten pretty dry too-wouldn't wanna set the woods on fire!

I used to stop in S.C. and Tn. and get some every year.I lived by a big field in Appomattox, now i've got woods all around and it's gotten pretty dry too-wouldn't wanna set the woods on fire!

Just make sure ya gots the marshmellows handy B)

Heck, I was gonna grease my truck yesterday....but it was raining on & off most of the day. So, I figured I'd do it today before I went up to the yard to drop & hook trailers and drop off last week's paperwork, but it's still wet & threatening rain...maybe it'll clear up in a bit... :angry:

I got a big'ol stack of wood from tree limbs that have been blown down by storms this past winter...gonna get around ta burnin' it one of these days, too. I think there's a family of bunny's living in there now, though...dog spends a lot of time sniffin' at it an' peein' on it. If I time it right, I might get dinner too :D

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Hope everybody had a safe enjoyable holiday as did I. We really didn't even watch any fireworks or set any off. Just sat around the campfire without fanfare until it started to rain. We then moved to the porch.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i had one of the best holidays ever- a friend of mine invited me to come out to colorado and spend the weekend. we rode 4-wheelers on friday and rafted the colorado river on saturday. that is such beautiful country out there. then we got back home to ohio before we wore out our welcome. :rolleyes:

Yeah Other Dog, we had BBQ and it rained most of the day, my fiance made me ride some rides at the carnival and it made me sick (too old for carnivals) and ate chicken with sweet tea and watched the fireworks. Not sure when you mentioned Larry if you was referring to me or Freighttrain.