Boo-boo Bus Had A Boo-boo!

Greg Rider

gallery_984_708_102691.jpg

gallery_984_708_111443.jpg

gallery_984_708_79172.jpg

This was my day Wednesday. I tried to fix it to match the passenger mirror but the boss didn't like it. Management people have no sense of humor. The mirror has been broken long enough that other crews started signing it like a cast! :lol::loldude::dwave:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

I know somebody that might be able to fix it in about three weeks if they were asked really nice.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Windshield was replaced on Thursday. Glass guy came to the shop. Corporate sent a mirror assembly from Toledo off of a donor. Took me about an hour to switch the mirror. Hardest part was putting them thar nutts throo dem little holes in da door wiffout loosn em fur good! B) She all gooder now. PS; this rig is the only 4x4 ambulance that I've seen in our area!

#1 on A-model registry

Windshield was replaced on Thursday. Glass guy came to the shop. Corporate sent a mirror assembly from Toledo off of a donor. Took me about an hour to switch the mirror. Hardest part was putting them thar nutts throo dem little holes in da door wiffout loosn em fur good! B) She all gooder now. PS; this rig is the only 4x4 ambulance that I've seen in our area!

Why you're not talking about the three 11mm hex head nuts with a 19mm sems washer affixed that has to reach almost 12mm into a 21mm hole in the inner structure to reach the 6mm thread pitch studs that protrude 21mm from the mounting bosses of the mirror are you? Why that operation seems vaguely familiar for some strange reason.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Why you're not talking about the three 11mm hex head nuts with a 19mm sems washer affixed that has to reach almost 12mm into a 21mm hole in the inner structure to reach the 6mm thread pitch studs that protrude 21mm from the mounting bosses of the mirror are you? Why that operation seems vaguely familiar for some strange reason.

Rob

Translation:

It's a super pain in the ass!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Translation:

It's a super pain in the ass!

It can be but magnetic socket inserts make short work of it.

Rob

Rob

You forgot about the four black oxide washer head phillips drive screws that are holding the door panel on which has to come off because ONE of the mirror nuts is behind it. :icon_bs:

#1 on A-model registry

You forgot about the four black oxide washer head phillips drive screws that are holding the door panel on which has to come off because ONE of the mirror nuts is behind it. :icon_bs:

Actually I didn't. They don't typically present problems. I only hit on those retention screws cause everybody that doesn't normally work with them has the same problems you did. If you drop them, "you're are going diggin" to get them back! Don't know how many doors on both the F-series, and Econoline series I've changed, repaired, skinned, sectioned, etc. through the years. Not near as difficult to work with as some of the units from the 80's when manufacturers were trying to lessen their expense through design and repair persons were paying for it.

Rob

I had enough ( barely ) foresight to eliminate the hunting expedition into the dark abyss of a door cavity. I went slow and carefull and came at the mounting stud from below and an upward angle to use the weight of the nut/washer to keep it in the socket.

#1 on A-model registry