E6 (2 Valve) Valve Cover Oil Leaking Issue

bstclee

I had issues with my truck last fall with a leaking valve cover. I had both of them redone in November and did'nt run it that much until a month ago. It is leaking again with a vengence. About a gallon + in a eight hour day. What a mess. I am getting my radiator recored this week so I have some time to fix the leaking oil problem.

I had issues with my truck last fall with a leaking valve cover. I had both of them redone in November and did'nt run it that much until a month ago. It is leaking again with a vengence. About a gallon + in a eight hour day. What a mess. I am getting my radiator recored this week so I have some time to fix the leaking oil problem.

Ensure the sealing flange of the rocker cover is perfectly flat and not deformed in any fashion. Also use the black neoprene gaskets, and a bit of gasket cinch to keep it from moving. I've not had good luck with silicone in a high vibration environment.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ensure the sealing flange of the rocker cover is perfectly flat and not deformed in any fashion. Also use the black neoprene gaskets, and a bit of gasket cinch to keep it from moving. I've not had good luck with silicone in a high vibration environment.

Rob

As stated gasketsinch, I have found this method to work well ,apply Two coats to the lid two coats to the gasket let it dri between coats stick the gasket to the lid after a 10-15 minute dri time assemble to a clean oil free surface.silicone is an absolute no no.

Silicone is like a lub and will let the gasket squirt out the side when clamped down plus the silicone some times will get off inside of the egine in glubs and get into the oil pump screen or if used on coolant seals then it will get into the oil cooler or rad.

glenn akers

Silicone is like a lub and will let the gasket squirt out the side when clamped down plus the silicone some times will get off inside of the egine in glubs and get into the oil pump screen or if used on coolant seals then it will get into the oil cooler or rad.

I had a tranny fail once,the back end of a quad box,the reason was a small piece of blue silicone went in the shaft and plugged the oil hole under one of the gears.

I've got a 1693TA in my 78 R model Mack with a fresh "inframe" and I need to pull it due to massive oil leakage. This thing is loaded with red silicone and it is squeezed out of every nook and crannie the I've found and the engine is a mess.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.