Making A Little Progress

As usual, I haven't got as much done this winter as I had planned. Mother nature likes to laugh at any planning I may do, as I am at her mercy working on the trucks outdoors. My CX of course takes priority as it generates the revenue, but I have managed to get a few things done on my F-model. At this point I'm not too worried about how she looks, I've been doing a lot of "behind the scenes" repairs and updates so I will be ready to drive to a few shows this summer. First one is Macungie, PA. in a couple weeks (June 20) and I have no doubts about making the 40 mile trip.

The most visible changes I have made are the roof and interior. I had new headliner panels made as well as the sunvisor and helper seat reupholstered. Before installing the new panels, I wanted to finish any work on the roof, including installing new horns and antennas, and restoring the original clearance lamps. Might as well paint the roof and be done with it! In photos of old trucks, I always liked the look of a white roof, but it also serves the practical purpose of keeping the interior cooler. I plan to keep the red on the rest of the cab; hopefully the rest of the paintwork will get done this summer.

post-2694-1244427820_thumb.jpg post-2694-1244427881_thumb.jpg post-2694-1244427986_thumb.jpg

That is a good looking "F" model there Underdog. You are correct in that the white roof will reflect the heat a lot greater than a red one which actually does absorb a lot os solar radiation, (hence the early fading experienced in the pigment).

If you want to commute to my place and work your ass off to repaint it over a weekend and a couple of days I'll help you. Would save you quite a few bucks as I work pretty cheap when the owner is providing most of the manual labor.

I've got a real nice gallon of Pink paint that we were going to use on Other Dogs' mixer cab but he needs to wait until next year to paint the truck. I don't want the paint going stale, so we could use it on your truck. I know what you're thinking: "What a guy"!!

I'm serious about the repaint.

I could have the guy come by and stencil "Miss Polly Purebread" on when finished!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I could have the guy come by and stencil "Miss Polly Purebread" on when finished!!

Rob

Thanks for the offer, Rob. Daughter Maggie(age 8) has indicated somehow that this would be "Mom's" truck, though Sweet Polly has expressed the desire for auto trans and power steering.

If we could be assured that the Road Kill Cafe would be open during our visit, it may well be worth driving a pink truck for several years to come.

Seriously, though. In my years of working out back under the shade tree, laying paint is one thing I have never done, and I am determined to accomplish this task on my own just to gain the experience. I have always been the hard-headed sort in that regard. I'll keep you all posted with any results, good or bad.

Thanks for the offer, Rob. Daughter Maggie(age 8) has indicated somehow that this would be "Mom's" truck, though Sweet Polly has expressed the desire for auto trans and power steering.

If we could be assured that the Road Kill Cafe would be open during our visit, it may well be worth driving a pink truck for several years to come.

Seriously, though. In my years of working out back under the shade tree, laying paint is one thing I have never done, and I am determined to accomplish this task on my own just to gain the experience. I have always been the hard-headed sort in that regard. I'll keep you all posted with any results, good or bad.

That is the basis of the offer. I would actually do very little but just enough to ensure that you did things right. I can be a pretty good teacher when it comes to auto body shop work.

The pink paint is reserved for Other Dogs' mixer as "Miss Becky" would be pretty in pink.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That is the basis of the offer. I would actually do very little but just enough to ensure that you did things right. I can be a pretty good teacher when it comes to auto body shop work.

The pink paint is reserved for Other Dogs' mixer as "Miss Becky" would be pretty in pink.

Rob

I can see that would look purfect. :D And Rob can use some lace around the fenders, doors, maybe hang some off the ole dog. I can see it now. Rob, when can we get started on this project? I'll even stop all of my projects just to help you on this one. :lol:

mike B)