2008 Pinnacle

For my first post, I thought I'd show some photos of my Employers 2008 Pinnacles. After the 2004 Visions went down in flames, I thought I'd never see another Mack in the fleet. There are about 160 2008's and an order of 175 2009's to follow.

post-3857-1243216228_thumb.jpg

post-3857-1243216834_thumb.jpg

Glad to see ABF keeping the faith. Now if NEMF would stop buying Volvo and stick with Mack, I will be happy. I love seeing those NEMF CH's with Dayton wheels pulling outside ribbed van trailers with dayton wheels as well.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I WORK FOR ONE OF THE MAJOR NEMF SHOP FACILITIES AND YOU WONT SEE THE OLD CH'S GOING ANYWHERE ANY TIME SOON WITH ALL THE CAB WARRANTY GOING ON TILL 2010. THE VOLVOS JUST BOUGHT WERE A REAL GOOD DEAL AND MUST OF BEEN HARD TO PASS UP. I ALSO LIKE SEEING OUR OLD TRUCKS STILL IN SERVICE

Well I dont blame Mack niether for being bought out by Volvo if u know that Mack would of been gone if Volvo did not buy Mack.. Mack trucks are very very lucky to be around still then. But as I look back what Mack did to Brockway and put brockway out of bussiness and poeple with out jobs in Cortland NY area and think that was bad for Mack to do that to Brockway and I think Mack got there Karma and maybe in time to come down the road Mack wont will be then thing in the past. Becuase I really liked Brockway and I still do and I wished Brockway was still in business but Mack put them out of business. They have to keep all the mack guys happy:) But I am wrong in saying that There is no Engine biult by mack? I thought Volvo Builds all the engines for Mack name plate trucks. Please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe Barry can chime in on this and correct me. Dont get me wrong I like Mack and I hope Volvo dont put them out of business like Mack did too Brokway. We had very good luck with our Macks but sold out and I still see Our x 1988 Superliner Dump Truck and 1982 R600 Tractor still on the road every week. Since my brother in Long Island Bought out a business, he runs four Kenworths W900L long hood and two CL700's . He wants to buy another two Macks to replace the two CL700's with the New Titans but the price on them compared to a Kenworth is way out of line so he is possibly going with two new Kenworth W900L's. He is hoping that Mack will drop the price on the Titan in time to come. But I had to chime back in and remind u guys what Mack did to Brockway and some other thing that needed to be siad.:)

Have a nice day,'

Terry E Davis of Johnson City N.Y.// Holbrook L.I. N.Y.

Well I dont blame Mack niether for being bought out by Volvo if u know that Mack would of been gone if Volvo did not buy Mack.. Mack trucks are very very lucky to be around still then. But as I look back what Mack did to Brockway and put brockway out of bussiness and poeple with out jobs in Cortland NY area and think that was bad for Mack to do that to Brockway and I think Mack got there Karma and maybe in time to come down the road Mack wont will be then thing in the past. Becuase I really liked Brockway and I still do and I wished Brockway was still in business but Mack put them out of business. They have to keep all the mack guys happy:) But I am wrong in saying that There is no Engine biult by mack? I thought Volvo Builds all the engines for Mack name plate trucks. Please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe Barry can chime in on this and correct me. Dont get me wrong I like Mack and I hope Volvo dont put them out of business like Mack did too Brokway. We had very good luck with our Macks but sold out and I still see Our x 1988 Superliner Dump Truck and 1982 R600 Tractor still on the road every week. Since my brother in Long Island Bought out a business, he runs four Kenworths W900L long hood and two CL700's . He wants to buy another two Macks to replace the two CL700's with the New Titans but the price on them compared to a Kenworth is way out of line so he is possibly going with two new Kenworth W900L's. He is hoping that Mack will drop the price on the Titan in time to come. But I had to chime back in and remind u guys what Mack did to Brockway and some other thing that needed to be siad. :)

Have a nice day,'

Volvo has replaced the Mack engine with their own engine, the MP engine series is all Volvo. The last real Mack engine was the ASET. Mack has been wholly owned by Renault since 1982. Renault used Mack engines including the E9 in their trucks. Volvo bought out Mack and Renault so even the new Renault DXi engine is a Volvo engine.

Karma? Maybe.

-Thad

I WORK FOR ONE OF THE MAJOR NEMF SHOP FACILITIES AND YOU WONT SEE THE OLD CH'S GOING ANYWHERE ANY TIME SOON WITH ALL THE CAB WARRANTY GOING ON TILL 2010. THE VOLVOS JUST BOUGHT WERE A REAL GOOD DEAL AND MUST OF BEEN HARD TO PASS UP. I ALSO LIKE SEEING OUR OLD TRUCKS STILL IN SERVICE

I like how Volvo offers their trucks at a huge discount when compared to Mack. Why undercut your own brand? It always seems like Volvo is trying to cut Mack out of the highway business like LTL, Regional and Long haul. They probably want to push Mack into the Vocational market and leave the highway stuff to their VN's and VT's. I bet you anything they want to cut the Vision and CH from the Mack roster and leave them with the MR, LE Titan and Granite series. Just like how they canned half of the Australian products.

Cab warranty until 2010? That's next year. I bet once the Macks become too much to service and they look for new trucks Volvo will be happy to sell them a bunch of VN's on the cheap.

If you think about it Volvo does sell allot of VN's and drivers do like them allot. It makes sense to sell what makes the most money and cut out the less profitable models. Lets hope that Volvo tries to push the CH/Vision (The pinnacle name is lame) into fleets. If its a Mack fleet give them a deal on Mack's and keep them happy. No sense in destroying your own brand name and alienating that brands customers at the same time. If I were running a Mack fleet and Volvo tried to push their crap on me I would tell them give me a deal on the Macks or I take my money to Westernstar or Kenworth. Threaten them and it might work.

-Thad

Well I dont blame Mack niether for being bought out by Volvo if u know that Mack would of been gone if Volvo did not buy Mack.. Mack trucks are very very lucky to be around still then. But as I look back what Mack did to Brockway and put brockway out of bussiness and poeple with out jobs in Cortland NY area and think that was bad for Mack to do that to Brockway and I think Mack got there Karma and maybe in time to come down the road Mack wont will be then thing in the past. Becuase I really liked Brockway and I still do and I wished Brockway was still in business but Mack put them out of business. They have to keep all the mack guys

As a current Mack employee I don't see how karma affects me. I was not even born when the last Brockway was built. It comes down to the guy up stairs or across the ocean making a decision to move or get rid of jobs. The average engineer, tech, or secretary is in no control of what some executive decides. A few people a responsible for decisions that effect thousands.

The last Brockway employee that I know of is retiring at the end of June.

I like how Volvo offers their trucks at a huge discount when compared to Mack. Why undercut your own brand? It always seems like Volvo is trying to cut Mack out of the highway business like LTL, Regional and Long haul. They probably want to push Mack into the Vocational market and leave the highway stuff to their VN's and VT's. I bet you anything they want to cut the Vision and CH from the Mack roster and leave them with the MR, LE Titan and Granite series. Just like how they canned half of the Australian products.

Cab warranty until 2010? That's next year. I bet once the Macks become too much to service and they look for new trucks Volvo will be happy to sell them a bunch of VN's on the cheap.

If you think about it Volvo does sell allot of VN's and drivers do like them allot. It makes sense to sell what makes the most money and cut out the less profitable models. Lets hope that Volvo tries to push the CH/Vision (The pinnacle name is lame) into fleets. If its a Mack fleet give them a deal on Mack's and keep them happy. No sense in destroying your own brand name and alienating that brands customers at the same time. If I were running a Mack fleet and Volvo tried to push their crap on me I would tell them give me a deal on the Macks or I take my money to Westernstar or Kenworth. Threaten them and it might work.

th_IMG_0831.jpg

Got a photo of one that we used in the city today.

In 2001 ABF bought about 500 Volvos with Series 60 Detroits, they were road tractors for three years, about 500,000, then they went in the city, everybody loved them and some still talk about them. 2002 they went back to Mack CH's supposedly because they could not get Volvos with the Detroits. 2003 to Sterlings with Mercedes power and '04 to the Visions. '05, '06 & '07 was all Sterling. Probably if Volvos were cheaper, we would not be seeing 2008 or 2009 Macks.

Well I dont blame Mack niether for being bought out by Volvo if u know that Mack would of been gone if Volvo did not buy Mack.. Mack trucks are very very lucky to be around still then. But as I look back what Mack did to Brockway and put brockway out of bussiness and poeple with out jobs in Cortland NY area and think that was bad for Mack to do that to Brockway and I think Mack got there Karma and maybe in time to come down the road Mack wont will be then thing in the past. Becuase I really liked Brockway and I still do and I wished Brockway was still in business but Mack put them out of business. They have to keep all the mack guys happy:) But I am wrong in saying that There is no Engine biult by mack? I thought Volvo Builds all the engines for Mack name plate trucks. Please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe Barry can chime in on this and correct me. Dont get me wrong I like Mack and I hope Volvo dont put them out of business like Mack did too Brokway. We had very good luck with our Macks but sold out and I still see Our x 1988 Superliner Dump Truck and 1982 R600 Tractor still on the road every week. Since my brother in Long Island Bought out a business, he runs four Kenworths W900L long hood and two CL700's . He wants to buy another two Macks to replace the two CL700's with the New Titans but the price on them compared to a Kenworth is way out of line so he is possibly going with two new Kenworth W900L's. He is hoping that Mack will drop the price on the Titan in time to come. But I had to chime back in and remind u guys what Mack did to Brockway and some other thing that needed to be siad.:)

Have a nice day,'

You can thank the unions for Brockway being shut down. Just like the US auto companies of today.

Well I stand corrected! Sorry I mis spoke:) Maybe I should not post something that I have no idea about. Sorry guys. I just assumed. So if u say the Unions are the cuase for Brockway going out u must be right and I was wroong to what I said. Then I can say this is why Unoins dont work and there should be no Unoins. The Unions like to destroy bussiness's and that is not good. My father is dealing with a Union as we speak now for the last 6 months and if the voters vote to dissolve the bussiness then those Unoin poeple are all out of work. All becuase of a 41 percent raise which they never should of recieved. They should get a raise but not 41%. So we will see in 3 moths from now if those 45 Union Poeple that recieved a 41% raised that the unoin asked for are out of a Job by the voters. And I am one vote here myself. And so I will vote yes not to disolve the business beuase I want poeple to have Jobs but the union has to renogianate the deal which i am hoping they will. If not them we will lay off. My father allready layed off 7 Poeple and now the Union is taking it to court. So again this is why Unions are not good.

Terry

You can thank the unions for Brockway being shut down. Just like the US auto companies of today.

You beat me to it, David. Mack shut them down when the union at Brockway wouldn't deal.

Let's not forget Volvo is keeping jobs in Hagerstown by building both brand engines at MACK's powertrain plant.

• 2 weeks later...