[New BMT Blog Entry] other dog's Blog - At Least The Garden's Growing

WattsMack

Not much good to report. Been at home since Tuesday, but just got a load going to Orchard Park, N.Y.

And how about the ticks this year? More around here than i've ever seen. Can't get Diazanon any more, but I tried some other kind of poison and it doesn't seem to have any affect.

But everything i've planted so far came up, and the garden is growing like crazy.

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-1374-1242394154_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

Not much good to report. Been at home since Tuesday, but just got a load going to Orchard Park, N.Y.

And how about the ticks this year? More around here than i've ever seen. Can't get Diazanon any more, but I tried some other kind of poison and it doesn't seem to have any affect.

But everything i've planted so far came up, and the garden is growing like crazy.

Attached thumbnail(s)

Tom,

Have you thought of urine for a bug spray? Just save it everytime you, you know. It gets rid of ever varmit that comes near the garden. How do you think the settlers got by.

mike

blogentry-1374-1242394154_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

I'd have to drink a lot of beer to pee all over the back yard, then it would be time to start over.

Haven't had any trouble with bugs in the garden yet, just lots of ticks-everytime I go outside I get A tick or 2 crawling on me. We used that diazanon before and it got rid of 'em-sprinkle that on the ground and wet it and you couldn't find a tick! Works great- I guess that's why you can't get it anymore.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom,

We used kerosene around our cuffs when we would work in tall grasses, we did not smoke or drink but we had no ticks or chiggers on us. We also used kerosene on our hands to clean the grease off after we worked on a vehicle. If you got cut, it was more gentle on the open wound.

mike

Tom,

We used kerosene around our cuffs when we would work in tall grasses, we did not smoke or drink but we had no ticks or chiggers on us. We also used kerosene on our hands to clean the grease off after we worked on a vehicle. If you got cut, it was more gentle on the open wound.

mike

I use deep woods "Off", but this is ridiculous-I've mowed the grass the last 3 weekends in a row, and there's still lots of ticks-not in the weeds or bushes, but I mean just walking around in the back yard. Caught 2 just now crawling up my arm. If it ain't one thing it's something else. Think i'd rather battle the rabbits-hate ticks!

I'm just wondering if your tick problem stems from too much moisture in the ground? We here are getting way too much rain. I'm afraid that when the rain is over, it will be so HOT that we'll jump right into summer HUMIDITY big time.

By the way, that garden looks like a piece of art, saying a good job. I'd like to have one but with the garage project going on I have little time for it now. The inspector was out yesterday morning while I was at work. He called me and said a few tree roots needed to be cut out, other than that it was ready for pouring the footing. Today's project while it's raining will be to fix the bathroom tub. It's stopped up and won't drain fast. By looking at the pipes undr the tub, looks like someone put four traps in and it does not need but one good trap with a cleanout. To get to the pipes, i'll have to take down a 4x8 sheet of sheetrock from the basement ceiling to get to the pipes.

Havin Too Much Fun

mike

I'm just wondering if your tick problem stems from too much moisture in the ground? We here are getting way too much rain. I'm afraid that when the rain is over, it will be so HOT that we'll jump right into summer HUMIDITY big time.

By the way, that garden looks like a piece of art, saying a good job. I'd like to have one but with the garage project going on I have little time for it now. The inspector was out yesterday morning while I was at work. He called me and said a few tree roots needed to be cut out, other than that it was ready for pouring the footing. Today's project while it's raining will be to fix the bathroom tub. It's stopped up and won't drain fast. By looking at the pipes undr the tub, looks like someone put four traps in and it does not need but one good trap with a cleanout. To get to the pipes, i'll have to take down a 4x8 sheet of sheetrock from the basement ceiling to get to the pipes.

Havin Too Much Fun

mike

Thanks Mike, I don't know, but I got 2 more off me today. Went to Wal-Mart and got a bag of Ortho lawn treatment stuff that's supposed to kill ticks and spread that a little while ago, so we'll see.

And for the garden- I must say, it's one of the best looking ones i've ever had...so far anyway.

Tom,

mike

When i was a kid kerosene was good for ever thing. A spoon full of it and sugar or just straight kerosene was the order for the kids and dogs and even the chickens.

glenn akers

When i was a kid kerosene was good for ever thing. A spoon full of it and sugar or just straight kerosene was the order for the kids and dogs and even the chickens.

So thats why the chicken tastes different since the Colonial died......KFC that is for the young'uns......I believe Taco Bell is using Castor Oil in the Mexican food they are fixing......LOL

mike :lol:

Tom,

I'll be checking out in this Cessna 177 RG this evening. Airspeed in cruise is 153 mph.

mike

What kind of NavCom?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

It has a Garmin 530 with WAAS. The cruise I gave is economy. Normal is 162 and Maximum is 169 True at 7,500. I'm going out to see how everything works and to see if I like it well enough to make the sacrifice. I love my low wing but this plane has more features. Also I will be able to fly into smaller airstrips at a slower decend speed. I'll keep you posted as to what I do.

Oh yes, Climb is 115 at 25'' MP , Prop at 2500, Mixture 13 GPH, best of all I can cruise at 7 GPH leaning her back. Set back and watch for traffic although i'll be with Flight Following.

mike :)

:mack1:

Well Rob,

Checked out the Cardinal last night and was not very impressed with the paint outside, the interior needs replacing and needed some panel repair. The nose gear felt a little loose on taxi, but the front tire looked a little low, pumping up the tire to recommended 31lbs may help the problem. Did stalls at 3,000 msl and it feels just like a 172 SkyHawk, and I have flown a many of them. The flaps are like barn doors which is a good thing for short fields and or an Emergency situation, flaps have bearings instead of piano wire and bolts as hinges. The doors are like a 2 door car, big and long and if the wind gets behind them they will be history.

The performance of the plane shows a bit worn with 2385.7 Hobbs time, Tach time was 3850.2......it is a 1977 model I forgot to add that in yesterday's post. The 530 Garmin was the only thing that made me feel good about the plane. It has a bigger screen than the 430 but I believe I can live with what I have. The Cardinal glides through the air at 87 mph or 74 IAS and Max. T.O. Weight of 2800 lbs.......I did not get to go on any trip with the plane so I don't know how good a fuel mileage it will get with this much age on it.

I think my Arrow is looking a bit better at this time.

mike

Rob,

It has a Garmin 530 with WAAS. The cruise I gave is economy. Normal is 162 and Maximum is 169 True at 7,500. I'm going out to see how everything works and to see if I like it well enough to make the sacrifice. I love my low wing but this plane has more features. Also I will be able to fly into smaller airstrips at a slower decend speed. I'll keep you posted as to what I do.

Oh yes, Climb is 115 at 25'' MP , Prop at 2500, Mixture 13 GPH, best of all I can cruise at 7 GPH leaning her back. Set back and watch for traffic although i'll be with Flight Following.

mike :)

:mack1:

i'm with you, i like the low wings. my brother and i owned an archer for a few years. we dont have a plane right now though. if we could ever get more free time we would probably consider it again. it would go good with the airstrip in my front yard.

Aj,

You can still use the airstrip without having a plane. You can use it for testing the Mack. Start at one end and see how fast you can shift through the gears before you get to the other end. Might want a buddy to check you with a stop watch and use a checkered flag. I can see the adrinalin flowing right now. That natural HIGH!

Man.....wish I could be there to see it. :blink:

mike :D