I'm A Newbee, I Restore Tractors, Have A B-42

IndustrialDeere

I go by the name IndustrialDeere cause I restore John Deere Industrial tractors for a hobby. I have been hauling my tractors around with a B-42 camelback. Trouble is the B-42 is slow--too slow to take on the highway. My tractors weigh up to 20,000 pounds. I was thinking of a B-61, but I would like to get one that is either in great original shape or restored. I would like to be able to go to tractor/truck shows in a 500 mile radius. I look forward to your feedback. Steve

Welcom to BMT! Nice looking truck you have there!

Lots of great folks and tons of knowledge here...I am sure all your questions will be addressed!

Enjoy the forums...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

:D Nice truck you have there, I bet you get a lot of thumbs up when hauling your tractors with it. :chili:

I'll pass along your complement to the old girl. She has hauled tractors for many years. On her visor is the combined height of the deck and the JD 450 and JD 350 that she hauled around for a construction company.

I do get a lot of looks when I pull up with her. Last time the deck caught fire from a leak in the muffler. I couldn't see the trail of smoke and flames behind me. But when I slowed down to pull into the show I got my share of attention.

It took a few days to start her up again but she's no worse for wear.

I hope she can make it through the season.

I carry an extra fire extinguisher now.

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve

I'll pass along your complement to the old girl. She has hauled tractors for many years. On her visor is the combined height of the deck and the JD 450 and JD 350 that she hauled around for a construction company.

I do get a lot of looks when I pull up with her. Last time the deck caught fire from a leak in the muffler. I couldn't see the trail of smoke and flames behind me. But when I slowed down to pull into the show I got my share of attention.

It took a few days to start her up again but she's no worse for wear.

I hope she can make it through the season.

I carry an extra fire extinguisher now.

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve

Steve, looks like a great combination. I had a 1960 JD 440 dozer I had for years and was in exellent condition but got to small for my business. Welcome, Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve, That is one fine looking "B" you have there and what's even better is that you still work it. As far as being too slow, I wonder how many other venicles that raced by your "B" since it was new have been crushed and melted into new Toyotas. B61's aren't all that much faster unless you get into some serious engine-trans-rear replacement and even when you get it to go 80 MPH uphill there will be some fool right behind you trying to pass to get to the junkyard first (or graveyard). So enjoy driving a classic as I'm sure you do and screw them hotrods, just let 'em pass, and know that there's a lot of guys here that know you've got a great truck. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

I go by the name IndustrialDeere cause I restore John Deere Industrial tractors for a hobby. I have been hauling my tractors around with a B-42 camelback. Trouble is the B-42 is slow--too slow to take on the highway. My tractors weigh up to 20,000 pounds. I was thinking of a B-61, but I would like to get one that is either in great original shape or restored. I would like to be able to go to tractor/truck shows in a 500 mile radius. I look forward to your feedback. Steve

Hey Steve,

Welcome aboard. That is a nice looking rig. And it is even better that you have it hauling old tractors.

Y'all, I spoke to Steve an hour or so on the phone, seems like a very nice fellow with a great attitude. It allways seems like fine people are associated with old trucks and tractors.

George

Hey Steve,

Welcome aboard. That is a nice looking rig. And it is even better that you have it hauling old tractors.

Y'all, I spoke to Steve an hour or so on the phone, seems like a very nice fellow with a great attitude. It allways seems like fine people are associated with old trucks and tractors.

George

You guys are gonna make me blush.