Lost And Found

other dog

I put the hood back on the mixer yesterday. When I took it off a while back to have it painted I left all the nuts, bolts, and screws inside the cab right beside the driver's seat. I put it together and got a couple of the guys in the shop to help me set it on. Then I couldn't find the little clamp that goes over the center strip on the front. I looked all over the cab, where it should have been, and all over the ground around it. I knew I didn't bring it home...or did I? I was going back today and roll the wheeled magnet around in case it was on the ground hidden in the grass, and if I couldn't find it i'd have to make one.

When I got home sure enough it wasn't where i'd had all the emblems. Might be time to panic. When I went out to look at the garden, where creatures are nibbling on the cabbage plants already, I picked up the little metal tool box in the shed with the quarter inch socket set and a few wrenches in it and opened it-and there it was. I'd taken those tools with me when I took it off, and dropped the clamp in the box.

Now i'll go over and put it on today, and try to pick up some chicken wire to fence in the crops.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I put the hood back on the mixer yesterday. When I took it off a while back to have it painted I left all the nuts, bolts, and screws inside the cab right beside the driver's seat. I put it together and got a couple of the guys in the shop to help me set it on. Then I couldn't find the little clamp that goes over the center strip on the front. I looked all over the cab, where it should have been, and all over the ground around it. I knew I didn't bring it home...or did I? I was going back today and roll the wheeled magnet around in case it was on the ground hidden in the grass, and if I couldn't find it i'd have to make one.

When I got home sure enough it wasn't where i'd had all the emblems. Might be time to panic. When I went out to look at the garden, where creatures are nibbling on the cabbage plants already, I picked up the little metal tool box in the shed with the quarter inch socket set and a few wrenches in it and opened it-and there it was. I'd taken those tools with me when I took it off, and dropped the clamp in the box.

Now i'll go over and put it on today, and try to pick up some chicken wire to fence in the crops.

That's good; Me and Joe will be after it later in the week. The new owner insisted on a shiney hood so we had to forestall delivery till you could get it reinstalled.

Gonna use Pauls' trailer and we're gonna double team to ensure timely delivery. Christmas is getting close you know.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That's good; Me and Joe will be after it later in the week. The new owner insisted on a shiney hood so we had to forestall delivery till you could get it reinstalled.

Gonna use Pauls' trailer and we're gonna double team to ensure timely delivery. Christmas is getting close you know.

Rob

OK, it started right up Saturday and it's almost full of fuel. Bad part is the man on the driver side holding the hood let it get against the radiator shell and it scratched it up pretty good. Gotta get some touch up paint now.

OK,it started right up Saturday and it's almost full of fuel.

The starting up part is good. I won't need my come-a-long as the trailer has no winch. I'll bring a siphon pump cause the new owner is not paying enough to warrant that much "free fuel". I'll use it in another truck.

By the way, how old are the batteries; I could use a new set in my truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The starting up part is good. I won't need my come-a-long as the trailer has no winch. I'll bring a siphon pump cause the new owner is not paying enough to warrant that much "free fuel". I'll use it in another truck.

By the way, how old are the batteries; I could use a new set in my truck.

Rob

They were installed new when I got the truck, so they're 4 or 5 years old. They're heavy duty NAPA's and I shut them off when i'm not using it, so they should have a little more life in 'em.

It doesn't hold a lot of fuel, 40 or 50 gallons- I don't remember, but it'll get you out of the driveway! :lol:

OK, it started right up Saturday and it's almost full of fuel. Bad part is the man on the driver side holding the hood let it get against the radiator shell and it scratched it up pretty good. Gotta get some touch up paint now.

I've always "ragged" the depression for the grille shell because that is easy to do. If it got down to the metal don't just put paint on it, get a small can of epoxy primer from the hardware store as paint is not "direct to metal".

Did you "whack his nuts off", or is that pleasure reserved for me?

Rob

Well hell Rob now we're gonna have to go down a few bucks on the price....These damn setbacks are gonna make us look bad

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Otherdog I had the same thing happen to me when I got a friend to help me install a toolbox on my brother's Ford Ranger. While my brother was on leave (U.S. NAVY, ONBOARD U.S.S. ENTERPRISE) and was down in Jacksonville, Fl. visiting some friends he was rear ended and the bed was totaled. He was o.k. but the truck was in a bad way. I told him to bring it to me and I would get it squared away. Well after the insurace money ran out I put an extra grand with it and after they finished it brought it home. I asked our local Village Idiot to help(bad move on my part) put the tool box on. Well we set the box on the bed and before I could stop the guy he opens the lid and scratches that very expensive paint job on the back of the cab. So I hauled off and kicked the guy in the shin with my very heavy steel toed boots. Good luck with the hood, now go kick the hell out of the jerk. :o

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Well hell Rob now we're gonna have to go down a few bucks on the price....These damn setbacks are gonna make us look bad

Hey Joe, he ought to be gone now fer a spell. I'll swing by and pick ya up and we'll go get us a mixer. I think we can get it delivered before the former owner gets back.

Rob

Hey Joe, he ought to be gone now fer a spell. I'll swing by and pick ya up and we'll go get us a mixer. I think we can get it delivered before the former owner gets back.

Rob

Are ya' gonna swing through Ohio and get the floor jack? :huh:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Are ya' gonna swing through Ohio and get the floor jack? :huh:

I'm gonna swing through OH and get a lot of things!! Hopefully next week. Gotta get some folks together and hopefully one won't be pissed at me for selling a mixer.

Rob

I'm gonna swing through OH and get a lot of things!! Hopefully next week. Gotta get some folks together and hopefully one won't be pissed at me for selling a mixer.

That jack would sure make life easier.

Rob

y'all need to get a move on- the premiums for the extra theft insurance I took out are about to break me!