Does anyone know if they made an 865 ,866 with a luberfiner , or without spin ons. Spin ons will not fit in my b755 ,

I've got a 1970 ENDT865 from an "F" model with a luberfiner full flow filter. It does not have spin on filters.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I assume the B755 was re powered with the 865/866. Otherwise its an 864. They are easy to spot, they had a rotary injection pump and usually no turbo. The turbo models were twin turbos with each bank of 4 cylinders feeding its own turbo with exhaust and both turbos feeding the intake manifold. I have a bunch of pictures of an 864 in an R715.

The 864 I doubt had spin on oil filters, a Luberfiner would have been the norm. I could be wrong though.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The 864 used the Mack "Duplex Clarifier", that big canister type filter that was used on the 673 - 711 back in the 60's.

It looks similar to a Luberfiner, but the Duplex Clarifier was a combination full flow and bypass type filter whereas the Luberfiner is just a bypass type.

I remember seeing a few DM800's with the 864 engine which had the filter remotely mounted on the outside of the frame behind the cab.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

The 864 used the Mack "Duplex Clarifier", that big canister type filter that was used on the 673 - 711 back in the 60's.

It looks similar to a Luberfiner, but the Duplex Clarifier was a combination full flow and bypass type filter whereas the Luberfiner is just a bypass type.

I remember seeing a few DM800's with the 864 engine which had the filter remotely mounted on the outside of the frame behind the cab.

I never knew what the thing was actually called. I assume that LuberFiner manufactured it as that is where I've always obtained filters from.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think the canister on the macks was WGB brand, they were on the early Maxidyne & C motor aswell. They stopped using them around 72 although it may have only been on 6 cyl engines at first. Mack called it ESI, extended service interval. jeffro

i just pulled that off mine, big messy thing! thats it to the left.

Grant

post-2194-1240073658_thumb.jpg

I assume the B755 was re powered with the 865/866. Otherwise its an 864. They are easy to spot, they had a rotary injection pump and usually no turbo. The turbo models were twin turbos with each bank of 4 cylinders feeding its own turbo with exhaust and both turbos feeding the intake manifold. I have a bunch of pictures of an 864 in an R715.

The 864 I doubt had spin on oil filters, a Luberfiner would have been the norm. I could be wrong though.

Well I am restoring my B755 and it has an 864t in it. But I am puting the 866 in it for more ponies. The spin on filters will not fit because of the steering box. My other b755 I will restore will get the 864 turboed , witch made 300hp. But if anyone has an 866 oilcooler with big mack filter hook up I would be willing to buy or trade someone for the spin on type.

Well I am restoring my B755 and it has an 864t in it. But I am puting the 866 in it for more ponies. The spin on filters will not fit because of the steering box. My other b755 I will restore will get the 864 turboed , witch made 300hp. But if anyone has an 866 oilcooler with big mack filter hook up I would be willing to buy or trade someone for the spin on type.

The oil cooler that I have has the front busted out from impact with the front crossmember. It is different than the spin on type because of the hose connections but if I remember correctly, only the back housing is different. I will look tomorrow to see if it is usable. I know the hoses are scrap on this engine.

Rob

Pretty right mate I reckon, in AUS I think the part number for the old cannister is an LF667, whereas the Luberfiner is an LF750. Both fleetguard numbers. The bypass valve sits on top of the filter itself