Superliner Question

MACK MAN

Can anyone help me,I am restoring a 88 Superliner I am going from a single exhaust to a duel exhaust,the exhaust is not cab mounted,it is mounted to the steel uprights,air-ride cab.I am needing a VIN number from a daycab Superliner or at least the last 6 digits so I can order the exhaust elbows,my dealer says they can't help me unless I have a vin from a twin stack day cab air-ride cab.Any help would be great.

AL

RW613-001243,That's for the '85 my Dad bought new.Ordered as a non-sleeper,we put the sleeper on later.

Hope this helps,

Mike

RW613-001365 That was mine, also 85 day cab and the dealer when it was new they stretched it (sloppy job) and put a sleeper on it.but it was a Magnum

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

My RW, RWL, & RWS Collison repair book shows:

Vertical Exhaust Elbow(RWL/RWS)

4ME 29318P22 (std)

4ME 29318P23 (chrome)

Dual Vertical Exhaust Rear Pipe (RW)

4ME 4775M RH (painted)

4ME 4775M2 RH (bright finish)

4ME 32927M LH (painted)

4ME 32927M2 RH (bright finish)

Don't ya just love these new generation parts guys that can't find anything without the VIN? I ask our local guy for a R model clutch cable (that hasn't changed in 40 years) and he had to have the VIN. I made up "R686ST12345" and left with my cable 10 minutes later.

My RW, RWL, & RWS Collison repair book shows:

Vertical Exhaust Elbow(RWL/RWS)

4ME 29318P22 (std)

4ME 29318P23 (chrome)

Dual Vertical Exhaust Rear Pipe (RW)

4ME 4775M RH (painted)

4ME 4775M2 RH (bright finish)

4ME 32927M LH (painted)

4ME 32927M2 RH (bright finish)

Don't ya just love these new generation parts guys that can't find anything without the VIN? I ask our local guy for a R model clutch cable (that hasn't changed in 40 years) and he had to have the VIN. I made up "R686ST12345" and left with my cable 10 minutes later.

Yeh i know what ya mean, I went to a Mack agent/authourised dealer, I wanted an early type 'J' valve they call it, or a kit for the air start. I had part # plus old valve, he brought out a 'Tractor Protection Valve',... then he was dumbfounded, I said forget it. I wandered what would I do,it made me think, all these guys are 'Volvo' guys for a start. They were new faces, this was about 3/4 years ago.. Jeffro

Can anyone help me,I am restoring a 88 Superliner I am going from a single exhaust to a duel exhaust,the exhaust is not cab mounted,it is mounted to the steel uprights,air-ride cab.I am needing a VIN number from a daycab Superliner or at least the last 6 digits so I can order the exhaust elbows,my dealer says they can't help me unless I have a vin from a twin stack day cab air-ride cab.Any help would be great.

AL

AL ARE YOU GOING WITH 4 INCH OR 5 INCH EXHAUST

AL ARE YOU GOING WITH 4 INCH OR 5 INCH EXHAUST

what do these mounts look like? I dont want to mount the exhaust on the cab when its built.

and we had this descussion a while ago when i was chaseing cab panels! he wanted a vin for that! my response was look at the microfish, they dont make cabs specific to vins! there all the same! funny thing was tho he didnt know what a microfish was either!

Grant

mine is made up of a second RHS mount bolted to the chassis, then my original muffler got dealt to with the band saw and is now 1 ft long , I mount this alongside the gearbox and created a new twin system from standard auto exhaust components and up beside the fuel tnaks, then went stainless steel up the RH posts then added Chrome 4fts with mitred ends, the original heat shield off the single verticle muffler got cut in half length ways and rerolled to suit the new vertical 5 inch pipes,

I then made new attach nents for them and bobs your uncle, No heavy dual mufflers waving around in the air.

Nigel

what do these mounts look like? I dont want to mount the exhaust on the cab when its built.

and we had this descussion a while ago when i was chaseing cab panels! he wanted a vin for that! my response was look at the microfish, they dont make cabs specific to vins! there all the same! funny thing was tho he didnt know what a microfish was either!

Grant

HERE IS THE VIN FOR MINE 1040 THAT SHOULD GET YOU WHAT YOU NEED