• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats one nice R00 Mr Oz, like the green.

I'm not normally a green person, but I really like the thought and talent that went into putting that unit together.

You have every right to be proud.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thats one nice R00 Mr Oz, like the green.

Monty. That green, The top 2 pics must be the sun or the photo it came off it don't look quite right.

The colour is supposed to be 62 or 64 B model green I got the colour number out of a realy old

Dulux paint code book. Checked it on a few old Macks and it's pretty close. Mark

Hey Mark Have you painted the inside? is the color the light green or the dark green? just after the inside paint code, thats all, have some bits that i want to paint.

very nice paint job, may be the yanks can get some inspiration from our paint schemes, havent spotted any that look like our rigs, heheheh

-Monty

Hey Mark Have you painted the inside? is the color the light green or the dark green? just after the inside paint code, thats all, have some bits that i want to paint.

very nice paint job, may be the yanks can get some inspiration from our paint schemes, havent spotted any that look like our rigs, heheheh

-Monty

Monty No i never painted the cab inside it was always in good nic. The closest colour i could find was

The colour they painted the 8V 71's it was close .

Cab023.jpg

-Monty

Monty, I've got the codes for both colors. Which brand of paint do you prefer and I'll get the formula converted if you cannot use "Sikkens" brand.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Rob,

the dark green would be fabulous, googled Sikkens in aus and no luck only decking paints, give us what you can or a variety of paints suppliers

i am painting the chassis using this brand http://www.protec.com.au/ and ill be using it for the cab, bonnet hope fully they will be able to match the code.

thanks for you help,

you should post some picks of your puppys on your profile.

Hey Mr Oz.

fab shot of the cab, like the washer bottle, can see why you put a plastic front on it, filling the bottle would be a pain.

-Monty

Things going well. Replaced front axle with the bigger 538 and put a 32" sleeper with the fancy bull dog trim.

Firday the 13 " never believed in them till then" then some turd runs into it. Uninsured. The ins company wanted to write it off

i sez no it aint going to happen. so i had to get another front axle fuel tank air cleaner ect. The aircleaner was hard agains

the door . Snapped the main leaf at the front eye and bent the rear spring hanger. Old mack did not want to die as i drove it home

mackcrash015.jpg

Things going well. Replaced front axle with the bigger 538 and put a 32" sleeper with the fancy bull dog trim.

Firday the 13 " never believed in them till then" then some turd runs into it. Uninsured. The ins company wanted to write it off

i sez no it aint going to happen. so i had to get another front axle fuel tank air cleaner ect. The aircleaner was hard agains

the door . Snapped the main leaf at the front eye and bent the rear spring hanger. Old mack did not want to die as i drove it home

mackcrash015.jpg

D'OH! I feel your pain. I know you'll get 'er right again,but it's sure disapointing. You've done a fantastic job on that truck!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well about 8 years ago i finaly found a power steering kit to fit the early R model chassis.

It came with shepherd 392 SJC6 steering box ... pitman arm... drag link... pump... and spacer plates

to fit the early chassis. You can fit and remove the box without removing the radiator. I only had to drill 2 extra 1/2" holes

It has worked without any problems whatsoever since.

I have seen some awfull bodge setups over the years. Boxes fitted outside the chassis ect, but this one looks factory.

Only took 1/2 a day to fit..

mackpowersteer2018.jpg

Finaly after 30 years of work the old flintstone cab succmmed to old age. New cab.

So after starting life as basic Flintstone in 1967 It has worked all of its life except for a few weeks

for refurbishment. Still working in 2009. Buggered if i know why i did it.

thelastone019.jpg

There seem to be shows routinely in your area so why don't you keep it as a "hobby" and take it to the shows. There is a lot of history with you and that truck and that would be very popular for conversation at events.

I know I would have a tough time parting company after all you and that horse have been through.

Rob

There seem to be shows routinely in your area so why don't you keep it as a "hobby" and take it to the shows. There is a lot of history with you and that truck and that would be very popular for conversation at events.

I know I would have a tough time parting company after all you and that horse have been through.

Rob

Rob. Funny enough we were only talking about keeping the truck for that sort of thing only last weekend.

I suppose it started from the common Divorce thing, walk away and start again? No. buy the whole lot back?

Anyway i could not afford a new truck payment and a house payment too at that time, so fix truck keep it going

it progressed from there.

Probbably should have scrapped it years ago, But it was always easy to fix and keep making a dollar.

I probably became lazy. Who needs a new truck. the one i got don't make, and still don't make any more money

than the fancy new ones. I know that truck has done over 3.3 million k's not a bad innings. it would be hard to get rid of it

but hey. is it just a truck? Have to think about it....... It was always a GO truck not a show truck... silly ain't it.... Mark

One for Monty.

Only last september 2 weeks before RTA inspection. Been ignoring the warning signs for a few months.

Panic stations. the place was like a bomb hit it. got it all good in time 1 week off the road.

Finaly fitted grease nipples every 12" along the chassis fixed the rust problem.Should have done it 20 years ago.

Pedestle-1.jpg

Thanks Mark, there is not much of a rust problem at the moment, it does not rain that much in dubbo at the moment but that sure is a good idea in the future,

this is what they do for the salt mines in WA,

it sure is a testament to the old R's thats pretty impressive 3.3 mil k's and some 43 years later,

thats a nice list of mack's in your gallery Mark.

Looks like that power steering is the same as in my mack, it looks pretty new so it must have been changed in the last 10yrs or so.

-Monty

McOz what the hell happened and when? Some how or other I missed out on all the excitment. Did you beat hell out of the moron who hit your truck? If not I offer my services for free. Man that has got to suck and the idiot didn't have insurance.. good luck getting her back into running trim.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS