What Does R685rst Mean

can anyone tell me what r685rst stands for??thanks adrian

Hi Adrian, that is for an R686 Mack tandem drive tractor with a steering wheel on the right side of the cab; (Australian etc..) It should have been powered with either an ENDT676 Maxidyne, or 300+ Mack engine with a five, or six speed Maxitorqe transmission as built. This of course depends on date of manufacture.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Adrian, that is for an R686 Mack tandem drive tractor with a steering wheel on the right side of the cab; (Australian etc..) It should have been powered with either an ENDT676 Maxidyne, or 300+ Mack engine with a five, or six speed Maxitorqe transmission as built. This of course depends on date of manufacture.

Rob

The R685RST would have the ENDT675 Maxidyne,237 hp.

hey rob,is r686 the same as r685??my engine is endt675 and the built date 1976,thanks(ps hope your feeling better)adrian

your on the ball superdog,does the rst mean anything special its only got 34,000 backend though it maybe light duty???

Hi Adrian

R is the model

6 denotes the GVM 20884 to 27240 kg

85 in your case is the endt/b 675 237 hp maxidyne

in later models it was the em6

The 686 were the cool power engines

R Right hand drive

St is bogie drive light weight thus your 34ooolbs rears

What ratio are they 4.17s maybe?

The 34000 lb bogie also came out with aluminium carriers as a lighter tare option

Transmissions were 5 speed with the two stick 6 speed 10 and 12 speed air shift as options

steve

your clutch is slipping a little bit,eh?

Actually broke my glasses on a radar feedhorn last week and haven't got them replaced yet.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thanks everybody for the information,steve thanks to you i didnt take any notice before that your truck r685rst too,cheers all adrian

g'day mate (that's Australian),eh? (that's Canadian)

...sorry, just showing off because I know 3 languages. Rob hasn't said anything funny lately...must be busy on a serious project. :icon_bs:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Actually broke my glasses on a radar feedhorn last week and haven't got them replaced yet.

Rob

by the way-how come you weren't wearing glasses in the photo of "yourself" that you posted on your birthday? That was long before Foghorn Leghorn allegedly broke your glasses...Ah-HA!!!-busted!

see, we're smart-can't pull the wool over our eyes! :chili:

reminds me of the old saying- "don't do that, it'll make you go blind!". So I quit when I needed glasses.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

by the way-how come you weren't wearing glasses in the photo of "yourself" that you posted on your birthday? That was long before Foghorn Leghorn allegedly broke your glasses...Ah-HA!!!-busted!

see, we're smart-can't pull the wool over our eyes! :chili:

reminds me of the old saying- "don't do that, it'll make you go blind!". So I quit when I needed glasses.

I only need them to read with. I guess I never stopped; maybe that is why my eyesight is in a state of decay.

Think this could affect the arthritis in my shoulder?

I also wonder if I may have choked Foghorn Leghorn as I've choked so much chicken through the years I may have forgotten! I seem to remember some rude obnoxious chicken trying to break into the conversation with "I say, I say, Boy"!

Rob

Maybe not in a r685ST but were available in a R685 RST

Steve

While I'm not familiar with what you guys had for factory options in Australia, the ENDT 675 used in the R685 is a Maxidyne engine, designed for use with the 5 or 6 speed Maxitorque transmissions, and those were the only transmissions offered with that engine here in the States.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Hi Adrian, Steve's answered it for you, I have noticed though some macks will be stamped as RST, but appear to have a heavyweight rear end. In the 60's thru to 80's to me an RS was double splined rear axles, i.e. 40's or 44's. In the late 60's alot of these Macks were only 40,000lbs rear, but people say they are 44,000lbs because they have a cast pedestal and double splined axles, I'm not so sure. Jeffro.

Hi Adrian, Steve's answered it for you, I have noticed though some macks will be stamped as RST, but appear to have a heavyweight rear end. In the 60's thru to 80's to me an RS was double splined rear axles, i.e. 40's or 44's. In the late 60's alot of these Macks were only 40,000lbs rear, but people say they are 44,000lbs because they have a cast pedestal and double splined axles, I'm not so sure. Jeffro.

thanks jeffro,it all every interesting,cheers adrian