Looking At An 89 R Model

Me and my dad are going to look at this 1989 r model. I used to work for this company 2 years ago. I drive this same truck for 2 years with the company. It has a 300 in it and the mack 5speed. It used to be a wawa dairy tractor that they made into a tanker. The whole time i drove it it never let me down. The truck last time i drove it runs good does not leak any oil. They only thing it lacks is factory A/C. Which I'm not worried about. It has around 350,000-400,000 miles. I almost went into the septic business about 1.5 years ago but couldnt swing the truck i wanted to buy.

But my dad knows the owner of the used truck dealer who is selling it. They are asking 19,900 but he thinks we can get it below 18,000. The vacuum tank and pump setup is less then 8 years old. The good thing about this truck is i drove it myself so i know all about it. We will be looking at it 2morrow or Thursday. When i got out of the truck it was used as the company's spare after the comapny got bought out my a bigger septic company. I'm still friends with my old boss/owner so i will be calling him in the next couple days to see what he has to say about me maybe going in the septic business. So i will keep you guys updated.

Here is the link tot he truck.

http://smstrucks.com/content/for-sale/inde...=148&LCID=1

Here is a link tot he peterbilt the same company also had.

http://smstrucks.com/content/for-sale/inde...=149&LCID=1

I only drove that pete a handful of times when i was with the company for 3 years but i can tell you one thing i wouldnt pay no more then about 10,000 for that POS. That truck had alot of problems. I kinda feel sorry for the sucker who buys that.

Edited by Mackmann

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

Well the owner of the truck lot will not sell me that truck. :angry: He said he made a deal with the company he bought it off of not to sell it to anyone in the area. Them septic guys around my area are roughneck SOBs. I know i was one. O well i will just have to keep my eyes open.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

You need a "straw buyer" for it. Get someone to buy the truck on your behalf and screw 'em!!!! ;)

Me and my dad were talking about that. I got a very good buddy that lives in VA that would go up there and buy it for me and then turn around and sell it right back to me. But would i have to pay sales tax 2 times?? I dunno im still thinking things out.

I might just wait alittle longer and maybe get a better truck like a 96 or 97. Not sure yet. But the main reason i wanted that one is cuz i drove it and i KNEW the truck. Not just some random truck off the lot. Plus that truck has rayco susp. WTF is that. I thought it had camelback. I really want a Mack with camelback on it. O well we are still thinking. I think that truck will be there for a long time.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Your friend could work out the deal and not put the title in his name. That might save the double tax, or he could gift it to you. I would have him make the deal then have him drive it to the end of the property and get out so they could see you get in and drive it away!! :lol:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Your friend could work out the deal and not put the title in his name. That might save the double tax, or he could gift it to you. I would have him make the deal then have him drive it to the end of the property and get out so they could see you get in and drive it away!! :lol:

Thats the way im going to do it. If i do it :lol::lol: I will keep you all updated.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

I think you only have to pay the sales tax at the dmv when you regester the the truck,if your friend does the deal he can send for tital in his name and then sign it over to you,when you regester the truck you pay the sales tax.

Well the owner of the truck lot will not sell me that truck. :angry: He said he made a deal with the company he bought it off of not to sell it to anyone in the area. Them septic guys around my area are roughneck SOBs. I know i was one. O well i will just have to keep my eyes open.

Boy oh Boy. A car dealer with ethics. Does not compute.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well i think the guy that owns the truck lot gets 1st crack at all the company's used stuff. So i guess he is just trying to keep a good working relationship with them.

Anybody know anything about this rayco susp. It used to be a tractor. I never even heard of this susp. before?? What are the pros and cons. :blink:

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

I had the Reyco 4 spring on road tractorsin the 70'S and 80'S. It was OK for over the road use I would not recommend it for vocational work. It does not articulate as a walking beam or camelback does.It also does not evenly spread weight on tandems as well. It is relatively less expensive to fix if need be. I would buy truck with proper suspension for job. Joe D.

I had the Reyco 4 spring on road tractorsin the 70'S and 80'S. It was OK for over the road use I would not recommend it for vocational work. It does not articulate as a walking beam or camelback does.It also does not evenly spread weight on tandems as well. It is relatively less expensive to fix if need be. I would buy truck with proper suspension for job. Joe D.

Thanks for the input. I am a big fan of camelback so i was kinda bummed when i saw that reyco BS. Well the company had 3 of these macks all with that reyco and they didnt really have alot of problems with it. They dont go offroad. I mean that wouldnt stop me from buyin it but i would much pefer camelback.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Sounds like them septic guys stirring some Shi#

Those 4 spring suspensions are fine till you get off bitumen and then the first thing you'll wearout is the cross lock switch lol

Steve

Edited by mackkid

Sounds like them septic guys stirring some Shi#

There is only like 3 septic company's in my area. None of them will sell there used trucks around here. I think it is kinda dumb. Cuz if someone wants to buy a septic truck they are going to buy one no matter where it comes from. They are just losing out on a sale. My last boss would only sell his old trucks in MD. He says you cant sell to your competition. But your competition is going to get a truck no matter what. So does it really matter??

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.