Cf 611 Waterous Pump Manual

matthewb

I am looking for a manual for my waterous pump. I believe it is a 1000 gpm pump and is in a 1972 mack cf 611 from NYC. I am trying to dismantle the pump to rebuild it and am having issues removing the bearing housing on the input side. it doesnt seem to fit off over the gear that is in there.

Does anyone have a manual for this pump or know where I can get one. If anyone has a manual for a similar pump that might be good enough. The waterous website doesnt seem to work or I think I could find one there.

Thanks guys.

I am looking for a manual for my waterous pump. I believe it is a 1000 gpm pump and is in a 1972 mack cf 611 from NYC. I am trying to dismantle the pump to rebuild it and am having issues removing the bearing housing on the input side. it doesnt seem to fit off over the gear that is in there.

Does anyone have a manual for this pump or know where I can get one. If anyone has a manual for a similar pump that might be good enough. The waterous website doesnt seem to work or I think I could find one there.

Thanks guys.

try the mack museum in allentown ,pa. they can also supply you with a service ,spec. manual and history of the truck , they will need the model and serial #'s , takes about 3 or 4 weeks.

Are you affiliated with a fire department? If not try going to a local station and asking about Waterous. If you tell them what you have they will most likely be real helpfull. I was told that somewhere around Columbus was a fire truck bone yard. I haven't looked into it yet myself.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Mathhew,

Waterous is still in business, they might be skimpy on the customer service lines, but you should be able to get through. Also you should check with your local fire department as they will know who supplies waterous parts and service in your area. I believe both Hale and Waterous do not sell parts direct anymore.

Firemack

Waterous is very much alive and well. Do you know the serial number of your pump? It should be on a small plate (with the UL Testing information) attached to the exterior pump panel. Get the serial number, and contact Waterous. Their archives/records are very well maintained. I gave them the Waterous serial number for the pump on my 1958 F.W.D. and they sent me an entire repair manual, model specific, and also sent me a copy of the build/pick sheet, all in a nice 3-ring binder.

If you keep stumbling on the telephone number, send me an email at yardo@rcn.com and I will get you a good one.

BTW, whats the history on your FDNY CF? Do you know what companies it was assigned to in it's career?

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS