Well, the 379 is still relatively basic Peterbilt classic looks and they do sell a lot of them but then again they sell a lot of anthem as well unfortunately there’s not a big enough audience for retro looking Mack’s . If you were to ask me sounds like a good idea, but how many of them are they actually going to sell these days? People just want something to pull a trailer they don’t even care what it looks like but yes, I do like your idea and a great thought … bob

in the day the trucking industry was a regional thing . Mack "owned" the east coast with the competitive brand out west. reason for Mack attempting a foot hold with Mack westerns. todays world Volvo did   unfortunate job of running Mack into the ground. no longer a regional territory country. the B-81's/ DM's / superliners are replaced with shiny / large cars hauling dirt. 

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

thats pretty much,,,what happened in my area.....tons of petes hauling dirt everwhere ,,,,freight trucks around here,,,are mainly slope nose boring plastic,,,bob

west coast always was a large car area ; sadly the large car "migrated " east. now the remaining fleet delivery units are different versions of the large cars; just smaller. they all basically look the same = I don't pay attention to brands much. back in good days when a Monfort of Colorado large car with it's bold yellow/ orange paint thundered through : all stopped in awe ( I did any ways ). 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hell, I'd just be happy enough to see them go back to the late 2000's Pinnacle Rawhide. The new plastic interior sucks. Looks so cheap and cheesy. And the lack of side exhaust stacks.

But lets face it, all new trucks suck now. Look at Western Star. They are Freightliners now with a W on the grill. And cheap crappy FL interior and a paper thin cab now. 

Luckily I don't have to run any of them any more other than the odd time I do a float move with the mines plastic garbage KW T880.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 7:40 AM, Bullheaded said:

Hell, I'd just be happy enough to see them go back to the late 2000's Pinnacle Rawhide. The new plastic interior sucks. Looks so cheap and cheesy. And the lack of side exhaust stacks.

But lets face it, all new trucks suck now. Look at Western Star. They are Freightliners now with a W on the grill. And cheap crappy FL interior and a paper thin cab now. 

Luckily I don't have to run any of them any more other than the odd time I do a float move with the mines plastic garbage KW T880.

That's exactly what I love about MY 2016 CHU613 PINNACLE....STILL FEELS LIKE A REAL TRUCK COMPLETE WITH SIDE PIPES AND A Set forward axle.

• Like 2

Sadly I don't have much hope for any new cool Mack's again. You see that new spaceship Volvo just released, and the new factory in Mexico, the future is bleak.

Even the latest Granite....just like the Anthem......is Mack now in competition with the new W990 to see who could make the ugliest air intakes on the side of the hood? LOL Maybe they can put a hood scoop like the new Volvo so you can pretend your in your 60's muscle car. LOL

• Like 2